TJ Maxx Assistant Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TJ Maxx Assistant Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at TJ Maxx

2.4

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at TJ Maxx.

Interview

Was recruited from my LinkedIn page and my resume was passed on, I never applied for this job. Had an interview with another store manager and the ASM. It was very comfortable and more conversation based then scenario based interviewing.

Interview Questions

• Pretty run of the mill questions but they want specific examples and details.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for TJ Maxx

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at TJ Maxx.

Interview

Took a few month to hear from a recruiter. Phone interview, then DM interview and finally SM interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a disagreement with your boss.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I told them what I wanted and I got it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseville, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Roseville, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

It was no pressure interview. People were nice and friendly. It took about 30 minutes from the start to the finish. I was offered a job, but since my plans changed I could not take the offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me more your past experience in retail?   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at TJ Maxx.

Interview

Initial phone interview was by phone. The company recruiter was not very conversational and the interview felt very awkward. When I answered the phone he was talking to someone else and he said he would get with them in just a minute. He spent a LOT of time typing very loudly. There were many instances of "dead air" after I would answer a question. Except, of course, for the sound of typing.

Interview Questions

• Typical scripted interview questions.
      "Tell me about your experience"
      "Tell me about a time when..."   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fife, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Fife, WA) in January 2014.

Interview

I had an interview with the recruiter first, then I waited about a week and then I sat down and had an interview with the District Manager.

Interview Questions

• Where would you like to see your self in 3 years   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Muskogee, OK

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Muskogee, OK) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very laid back and comfortable with very general, easy questions. However, I was hired in a mass hire situation, being a new store . They needed a lot of employees fast. I put in the application on the spot. Then sat and waited for an interview and then was asked to stay and wait for another interview. The second interview was with the Assistant Store Manager. Who had someone call me later with a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Questions were very general and easy. Nothing difficult or complicated.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There wasn't a lot of negotiation they have a set amount they start at for certain positions. But there is room for moving up.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TJ Maxx in August 2009.

Interview

Initial interview with store manager. 2nd interview with market manager. Final interview with DM. All were very professional. DM was very thorough in her interview questions. Examples were situational questions, why are you interested in TJ Maxx, can you relocate.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Yes, but there was a range

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at TJ Maxx.

Interview

Initial interview at a job fair, additional phone interview

Interview Questions

• What projects was I given to challenge my growth?   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at TJ Maxx in June 2011.

Interview

Sent resume through CareerBuilder, received a phone call from district manager about a week later. She conducted a brief interview over the phone and we set up a 1:1 interview a week later. The interview was held at a restaurant, which made it more personal and inviting. The interview lasted almost an hour and a half. I was than invited to tour a store the same day with a store manager. My references were contacted about a week later as it was a holiday weekend. I received a phone call from the district manager a week later with an offer for assistant manager at a higher salary than I was asking. The offer was contingent on a background check.

Interview Questions

• Do you feel your GPA in college has helped you gain employment?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about your experience in retail.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was asked what my salary expectations were in the 1:1 interview. When offered the position I was actually offered slightly higher than I was expecting.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at TJ Maxx in March 2012.

Interview

Had three great interviews. First was a phone interview with a Dist Supervisor. I was told what an impressive resume I had and how much they looked forward to a face to face interview. Next I had a one-on-one face interview with the Dist Manager which was also very positive. The Dist Supervisor contacted me again and said they wanted to proceed with a third interview with the Store Manager and them-self, so a week later I had a group interview with the Dist Supervisor and Store Manager. Each interview was very positive and I was left feeling great about the possibility of getting the position. But after that NOTHING, two weeks later NOTHING. I think it is very unprofessional for any reputably company to not contact the applicants that have gone through this process, to leave them not knowing one way or the other. To be turned down is never fun but its a matter of respect. A short email or letter would have been nice!