TJ Maxx Assistant Store Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TJ Maxx Assistant Store Manager Interview Questions

Updated Sep 11, 2016

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Cleveland, OH) in June 2016.

Interview

Very detailed and 1.5 hours long. The district manager asks very good probing questions and also goes into detail about the position and the company. TJ Maxx is a little behind on technology and the district manager explained why. Their focus is more on the customer so their technology needs to improve, which it will. But, they're trying to keep payroll in the stores as well.

Interview Questions

• Why am I choosing this company?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for TJ Maxx

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Houston, TX).

Interview

Recruiter was one hour late after I had confirmed what time the interview was scheduled. (Recruiter e-mailed an interview time that did not correspond with the time zone change.) When I was finally called, he could not remember if he had initiated contact with me or vise versa. When talking though interview, felt as if it was rushed and wasn't sincerely wanted to get to know me as a possible hire. Interview felt very pencil whipped. Also was told in the beginning that the position was already filled and there may be an opening in the future. My follow up question was how will I know if they job will become open, and I was told to watch the job board.

Interview Questions

• Name three adjectives that your associates would describe you. Are you an operator or a merchant.   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TJ Maxx.

Interview

The store manager spent almost the whole interview describing TJMaxx and that he usually likes to promote from within and that this job and by the way he describe the position it gave me the impression that this was just that " a job" and how he also described retail is retail and is the same everywhere you go mentality. For that I am glad I did not get "the job". There is so much more to retail I can only hope to connect with a company with a more progressive and dynamic culture and one which I would be able to grow with and teach that there is more than retail 101.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at TJ Maxx.

Interview

Cold call to my current employer

Interview Questions

• If you were a tree , What kind of tree would you be?   1 Answer

Negotiation

none

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at TJ Maxx.

Interview

they ask you the about how much volume you had in your other job (jobs). ( amount of money the store brings in) . they ask how you handle different interactions with employee and customers.

Negotiation

make sure you have proven sales track. plus coming from a big box store really helps

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Cincinnati, OH) in July 2013.

Interview

I applied online, I was called a week later by hr person to set up interview. Interviewed with store manager couple of days later. I had to fill out paper application before 1st interview. Interviewed with District manager following week. I walked stores and spoke to managers at local stores. Managers at stores friendly answers questions.

Interview Questions

• Super easy questions, not structered at all. Tell me about shirnk? Tell me about your self
      I was not prepared to fill out paper application at store. I had already uploaded my resume, and filled out online job application.
      Answer Question

Negotiation

Small room for negotiation. I got 3 weeks of paid vacation after 2 years instead of 5 years. Not flexable on pay

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Fort Worth, TX) in February 2013.

Interview

Met with store manager and district manager. I had the interviews back to back on the same day. I had to wait for the background check to get an offer. The time between the call to set up an interview and the offer was about two weeks.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interesting in TJMaxx?
      What are your greatest strengths and opportunities?
      How do you budget your time?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Seattle, WA) in September 2011.

Interview

First I was contacted by the Human resources representative and was asked a few questions. Second, I had three one on one interviews with local store managers, each asked several questions that lasted approximately 30 to 45 minutes. I was told that I would be contacted shortly after. An offer was made via telephone by Human resource representative and then mailed for my signature. I started employment approximately a week later. The whole process took 30 days.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your ability to work under pressure.   1 Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TJ Maxx.

Interview

Three interviews, 2 store managers within the district, if they approve then you are set up with the district manager.. TJMAXX is big on evaluate, validate and accountability.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They are not afraid to pay for talent. Be clear about what you want and be able to speak to your accomplishments that warrant your requests.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TJ Maxx in July 2012.

Interview

Had a phone interview were I was asked about my past experiences and duties. Then interviewed with a district manager who was very rude, short, and the type of person I would not want to work for. Asked me about past experiences and usual star questions. Said the training program is 12 weeks and that you start at the lowest position possible in management and after 4 week intervals you get a review and then if your lucky you get the position you originally interviewed for.