TJ Maxx Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TJ Maxx Associate Interview Questions

Updated Mar 28, 2017

1.5

Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at TJ Maxx.

Interview

Filled out app that I found online, then brought it in store and gave to an associate, got a call back from a manager, went into interview, was asked a variety of easy questions, was offered the job

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths?
    What are your weaknesses?
    What does good customer service look like to you?
    Why retail?
    Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for TJ Maxx

Anonymous Employee in Massapequa, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Massapequa, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

I turned in the application and was interviewed on the spot by a manager. After they checked my references I was offered the job. One tip I would give to someone applying is to contact your references beforehand and make sure they are expecting the call. They had difficulty reaching one of my references and it delaying my hiring by a week.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you saw a fellow associate steal something?   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at TJ Maxx in July 2014.

Interview

Easy hire. One interview with a management member. Basic questions. Name a good and bad customer exp you have exp in the pass. Etc. Need two verifiable references. Got a call about a month later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Boston, MA) in May 2014.

Interview

Filled out the application and interviewed the same day. Follow up was good. Met with the Manager who was very straight forward and very clear on expectations for success. Had a chance for tour of the store and brief discussion with other associate after being hired.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation as there are set rates

Anonymous Employee in Plattsburgh, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Plattsburgh, NY) in May 2014.

Interview

I didn't recieve a call until about a month after aplying. At the inteview they asked me about 5 questions, and if i would be willing to cashier because I had Merchendiser listed on my aplication. Hired me on the spot and I had orientation about 5 days later.

The dress code is pretty casual, but obviously a bit consevative with skirt length, no tak tops, and no blue jeans. Keep this in mind when dressing for the interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They start all entry level assosiates at the same salary.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Austin, TX) in March 2014.

Interview

Make sure you fill out the in store application. I filled out the online one and brought it in, and it just created a big mess. They ended up loosing a big part of it, and I ended up having to fill out a whole new application.

The interview was pretty easy, it was a group one. If they ask for volunteers or people willing to role play, I would definitely raise your hand and try to be noticed. Make sure you speak up, they were looking for that in all of their questions.

After the group interview, they brought some of us back for individual interviews. Basic questions, really only cared about previous retail experience and hours of availability.

**** You have to earn your hours, they are EXTREMELY STINGY WITH GIVING OUT HOURS TO NEW HIRES.

Interview Questions

• They asked where I wanted to be in 3 years. Its a retail job, who really cares?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. They start everyone at 7.50/hr, with very FEW HOURS.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TJ Maxx.

Interview

Dropped off an application in store and got a call back within three days and was in to interview within a week. It was a group interview that lasted about a hour and a half. Basic customer service questions were asked.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Saratoga Springs, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Saratoga Springs, NY) in May 2011.

Interview

Interviewed with two managers, one after the other. They asked me what my intention was in working for TJ Maxx, and how long was I looking to work for them. The first manager told me some specifics about the role and asked me whether or not I could fulfill them, while the second manager asked me more about personal strengths and weaknesses.

Interview Questions

• What are some of your strengths that would make you a suitable candidate to fill the role os a sales associate at TJ Maxx?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Orange, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Orange, CA) in October 2010.

Interview

application, interview

Interview Questions

• how to handle difficult costumers   1 Answer

Negotiation

I took first offer

Anonymous Employee in Oviedo, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Oviedo, FL) in November 2008.

Interview

Easy interview. Fill out job application in store and if they are hiring when you apply you should get a call to schedule an interview. Easy interview questions such as how to work in a team, work experience, personal goals, strengths, weaknesses, etc.