TJ Maxx Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TJ Maxx Cashier Interview Questions

Interviews at TJ Maxx

1.7

Anonymous Employee in Gurnee, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Gurnee, IL) in July 2015.

Interview

It was an extremely easy. All I can say is that just be you and be confident and it will be a smooth interview. I had two interviews for the position which was out of the ordinary but it went well either ways.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for TJ Maxx

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Atlanta, GA) in March 2016.

Interview

it was easy i didnt have no problem with it the lady was nice and the questions went by really fast i do recommand it to other people she gave me snacks and juice and showed me around and we talk off topic a few times

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Cambridge, MA).

Interview

The interview went well i could say . The questions were particularly easy to answer. After the interview they immediately call the references that i provided. I wait a week after the process to let them know i was interested.They did not wait a long time to call me and offer a position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbridge, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Woodbridge, NJ) in August 2017.

Interview

Terrible Manager did not seem to care about what he was doing and was a bad experience overall. He asked me over 3 questions then started to eat candy in front of me which seemed very unproffesional.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Irving, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

I went for an open interview on a Monday at 1 PM. I answered the questions that the managers asked and everything seemed fine until they didn't call me back by the deadline which was Friday. I WILL NOT APPLY FOR ANOTHER TJ MAXX EVER AGAIN!

Anonymous Employee in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Framingham, MA) in October 2013.

Interview

spoke with the assistant manager informally on the bench next to the customer service desk. conversation was brief but i got the idea that i would be getting a call back. got called back within a few weeks with a start date

Interview Questions

• how would you deal with an upset customer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Pittsburgh, PA) in August 2017.

Interview

The talking is very relax, just like normal chatting. The shifting manager interviewing me, basically introduceduce herself and how does this company work and show up that it is a fun place to work too. It only take about 15 minutes.

Interview Questions

• What is the customer service means to you   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allentown, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Allentown, PA) in January 2017.

Interview

Pretty simple, applied online got called maybe a week after. The person interviewing me was very friendly making the experience rather laid back. I got a job somewhere else, but will consider reapplying if I ever decide to leave my current job.

Interview Questions

• Is the customer always right?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Lyndhurst, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Lyndhurst, NJ) in March 2013.

Interview

waste of time. you pretty much know right on the spot if they will hire you. ask you generic interview questions. half the interviewees do not dress up. Half the time the managers are busy telling a an employee what to do when they come in the office. People are constantly walking in and out

Anonymous Employee in Germantown, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Germantown, TN) in June 2016.

Interview

I was asked many questions about myself such as where I'm from and my family and school and age. i was asked what i would lie to do at the job during my time there and about how many hours i would work a week. Overall, i was told i could work the cash register, but they stuck me in the back room with the inventory boxes