TJ Maxx Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TJ Maxx Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Mar 9, 2017

1.8

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (New York, NY).

Interview

It was professional I received a call very quickly the staff was nice. They showed a lot of respect. It was very diverse and it also was a great culture. I went through a drug test and once I passed everything was good.

Interview Questions

• Why do I want to work. If I was hired when could I start what clothes do I enjoy buying   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for TJ Maxx

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at TJ Maxx.

Interview

Sit down with the hiring manager and get asked a series of questions. The main thing they are looking for is someone who is willing to learn. The hiring manager was really nice and she let me know that it was okay not to know the answer.

Anonymous Employee in Germantown, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Germantown, TN) in June 2016.

Interview

I was asked many questions about myself such as where I'm from and my family and school and age. i was asked what i would lie to do at the job during my time there and about how many hours i would work a week. Overall, i was told i could work the cash register, but they stuck me in the back room with the inventory boxes

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TJ Maxx in July 2015.

Interview

It was easy and laid back. The woman I spoke to was a little intimidating but once the conversation kept going I began to feel more comfortable. I applied online and got a call about 2 weeks later for an interview. In the end I could not accept the job because of my school. Glassdoor helped me a lot.

Anonymous Employee in Littleton, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Littleton, CO) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process was fairly simple. You get asked a couple of standard questions about customer service/how you'd handle various scenarios. Pretty basic common sense questions. It was not hard at all.

Interview Questions

• What does customer service mean to you? What is teamwork for you? Do you have any experience?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

It was a great experience I first had to fill out an application then in two days thru called me in for an interview when I came in for the interview they were very nice and welcoming they ask me at least 8 questions then they told me know about a week they would give me a call

Interview Questions

• Tell me a moment when you had to deal with an Angry customer and how did you resolve the problem?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate the salary and eventually daya I could take off

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Boston, MA) in June 2015.

Interview

One of the main questions is what customer service is to you. Your references are very important, they won't hire you until they speak with all three of them.

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Baton Rouge, LA) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview at TJ Maxx was very easy. They were really friendly. The interview over all lasted 30 minutes. The Manager was very professional. She liked my professionalism and experience and made an offer right away, and I accepted it. I have always loved their stores (Tjmaxx, Marshall's & Home Goods), so its was a no brainer for me.

Interview Questions

• What was the least thing you liked about your last job?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at TJ Maxx in April 2015.

Interview

Interview lasted about 20 minutes and was hired the next day. The manager was nice but very stern. Overall, it went by pretty quickly. Just be confident and you will do great.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at TJ Maxx in February 2015.

Interview

You are asked easy questions about what you like to do, where your from, what makes you good for this job, most questions are simple. You just need to know the right answers and what you say matters. After being hired you will be trained for different places such ash fitting room, backroom, cashier etc. There will be different skills test after each training completion, but no worries it's easy as pie.