TJ Maxx Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 11, 2017

1.8

31 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Cambridge, MA).

Interview

The interview went well i could say . The questions were particularly easy to answer. After the interview they immediately call the references that i provided. I wait a week after the process to let them know i was interested.They did not wait a long time to call me and offer a position.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for TJ Maxx

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Pittsburgh, PA) in August 2017.

Interview

The talking is very relax, just like normal chatting. The shifting manager interviewing me, basically introduceduce herself and how does this company work and show up that it is a fun place to work too. It only take about 15 minutes.

Interview Questions

• What is the customer service means to you   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbridge, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Woodbridge, NJ) in August 2017.

Interview

Terrible Manager did not seem to care about what he was doing and was a bad experience overall. He asked me over 3 questions then started to eat candy in front of me which seemed very unproffesional.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Irving, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

I went for an open interview on a Monday at 1 PM. I answered the questions that the managers asked and everything seemed fine until they didn't call me back by the deadline which was Friday. I WILL NOT APPLY FOR ANOTHER TJ MAXX EVER AGAIN!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allentown, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Allentown, PA) in January 2017.

Interview

Pretty simple, applied online got called maybe a week after. The person interviewing me was very friendly making the experience rather laid back. I got a job somewhere else, but will consider reapplying if I ever decide to leave my current job.

Interview Questions

• Is the customer always right?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (New York, NY).

Interview

It was professional I received a call very quickly the staff was nice. They showed a lot of respect. It was very diverse and it also was a great culture. I went through a drug test and once I passed everything was good.

Interview Questions

• Why do I want to work. If I was hired when could I start what clothes do I enjoy buying   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at TJ Maxx.

Interview

Sit down with the hiring manager and get asked a series of questions. The main thing they are looking for is someone who is willing to learn. The hiring manager was really nice and she let me know that it was okay not to know the answer.

Anonymous Employee in Germantown, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Germantown, TN) in June 2016.

Interview

I was asked many questions about myself such as where I'm from and my family and school and age. i was asked what i would lie to do at the job during my time there and about how many hours i would work a week. Overall, i was told i could work the cash register, but they stuck me in the back room with the inventory boxes

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TJ Maxx in July 2015.

Interview

It was easy and laid back. The woman I spoke to was a little intimidating but once the conversation kept going I began to feel more comfortable. I applied online and got a call about 2 weeks later for an interview. In the end I could not accept the job because of my school. Glassdoor helped me a lot.

Anonymous Employee in Littleton, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Littleton, CO) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process was fairly simple. You get asked a couple of standard questions about customer service/how you'd handle various scenarios. Pretty basic common sense questions. It was not hard at all.

Interview Questions

• What does customer service mean to you? What is teamwork for you? Do you have any experience?   Answer Question