TJ Maxx Customer Service Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TJ Maxx Customer Service Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at TJ Maxx

1.9

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at TJ Maxx.

Interview

I was asked several questions, basically to get to know you as a person and your personality, and to get a feel of how you would react in certain situations. Discussed how I would handle different scenarios with customers and co-workers.

Interview Questions

• How have you gone above and beyond to provide great customer service?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for TJ Maxx

Anonymous Employee in Biddeford, ME

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Biddeford, ME).

Interview

I filled out an application and delivered it in-store. I went back to follow up within a week where I met one of the managers and scheduled an interview for a few days later. It was less of an interview really and more of an information session about the job... They didn't ask me many questions and spent most of the time telling me how easy the work would be. I walked out with a start date for the following week.

Interview Questions

• What previous experience has prepared you for this job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Edinburg, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Edinburg, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

I was being hired in a group interview process with 20 other people at which we were split into 2 different groups. We were brought in during the seasonal retail hiring season, and many people were interviewing for temporary positions while they were only hiring 2 new permanent workers.

Interview Questions

• What does integrity mean?   1 Answer
    • What would you do if you saw someone attempting or having already stolen merchandise?   1 Answer
    • Is it within your job duties to clean restrooms, pick up trash, and retrieve shopping carts that are left outside?   1 Answer

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TJ Maxx in June 2013.

Interview

I had two interviews. Once they offered me the job, I, along with the other new hires, had a 4 hour orientation. I then had to watch multiple videos over the Marmaxx company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmington Hills, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Farmington Hills, MI) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online and I received a phone call a few days later. I went in for a interview after went great. A few days later I was called in for a 2nd interview and I got the job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Chicago, IL) in November 2014.

Interview

At first, the standard job interview questions were asked. Why do you want the job, what can you contribute to the team and the company, etc... After those were out of the way, job-specific questions were asked, such as what is integrity, if your friend came into the store and you saw him stewing, would you stop them, is it ok to interact with associates below you outside of work, etc... It was very laid back, but serious.

Interview Questions

• If your best friend came into the store and you witnessed them stealing, how would you handle it?   1 Answer
    • What does integrity mean to you?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate pay.

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Indianapolis, IN) in July 2012.

Interview

I was meet at the front by the manager went back to the office she ask me about my other jobs then ask me about different ways I handle things with the people at these jobs.ask me about why did I want to work at tjmaxx since I had no retail job before I explain to her that customer service and retail go hand in hand.how would I handle a upset customer.explain what they would expect from me if I would to get hired that once they have interview everyone If they was interested they would give me a call back

Interview Questions

• how would I handle a upset customer   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Troy, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Troy, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

Two day interview process. First is with a store coordinator who goes over your resume with you and asks you basic questions (filtering process). Second is with the store manager who basically does the same as the first.

Anonymous Employee in Eldersburg, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Eldersburg, MD) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied for job, got call the same day. Interviewed the following day. Easy interview. Told manager I would not work Sat/Sun. She was fine. Said job she had in mind for me was M-F 7 am - 12 pm. Was offered job as long as my references were good. Set up orientation for following week. Showed up for orientation and was told was only able to reach 2 of my 3 references.. Lie.. none of them were called. Then was told I didn't have job because I wasn't available Sat/Sun. Said It would have been nice if I at least I would have received a phone call informing me. Had calls for interviews with different companies during the week that I thought had job at TJ Maxx so I told them I had job. VERY unprofessional Management! Eldersburg, MD Store

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a difficult situation? Basically all questions were very easy and hiring manager was answering them as I was tell my answer. What a joke!   Answer Question