TJ Maxx Interview Questions in Houston, TX | Glassdoor

TJ Maxx Interview Questions in Houston, TX

1.7

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Houston, TX).

Interview

Recruiter was one hour late after I had confirmed what time the interview was scheduled. (Recruiter e-mailed an interview time that did not correspond with the time zone change.) When I was finally called, he could not remember if he had initiated contact with me or vise versa. When talking though interview, felt as if it was rushed and wasn't sincerely wanted to get to know me as a possible hire. Interview felt very pencil whipped. Also was told in the beginning that the position was already filled and there may be an opening in the future. My follow up question was how will I know if they job will become open, and I was told to watch the job board.

Interview Questions

• Name three adjectives that your associates would describe you. Are you an operator or a merchant.   Answer Question

Retail Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Houston, TX).

Interview

The interview process was fair and easy. Questions dealt with your past experiences and scenarios in how you would handle a customer if such and such happened. There is no pressure during the interview process.

Merchandise/Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Houston, TX) in August 2014.

Interview

The first initial interview was a group interview, the second interview was a one-on-one interview with the store manager. The first interview was my first group interview, frankly I still prefer individual interviews, and I'm not a big fan of group interviews because I feel like you have less of a chance to shine, and be noticed; and its harder to make a lasting impression on the interviewer. The group interview was alright, though having had other group interviews since then, I feel like it was a bit amateurish. We mostly introduced ourselves, our desired position, and some personal information about ourselves. Then we watched some company video. I do think that they made us wait for too long until the interview started. The interview was suppose to begin at 1pm, and it ended up starting around 2. Overall, it was pretty standard. Same can be said about the individual interview.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions they asked me are the same standard questions; where I worked before, if I had any customer service experience, what customer service meant to me, if there was an instance where I had to deal with a rude customer, things of that nature. I was also asked to state my availability, and what position interested me the most. Again, most of the questions where pretty standard. Most retail stores tend to ask the same questions. If you've done one interview you've pretty much done them all.   Answer Question

Merchandise/Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Houston, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

It was a two part interview. If you fill out an application online you will have to refill out an actual application. I t was a group interview, we met with the assistant managers they asked us about ourselves and showed us around the store. They said if they liked you they would give you a call for an interview with the store manager. That same day I got a call for an interview the following day. The store manager asked "why would I like to work at Tj Maxx". " What does customer service mean to you". What do you like most about customer service. Those were the only questions asked and I was hired. The process was pretty easy. Good Luck!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They start off at minimum. no negotiation

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Houston, TX) in March 2014.

Interview

I was called over the phone for an interview after a few days of submitting my application in person. I arrive at the interview and there are other people. Obviously, it was a group interview. The HR manager introduces herself and walks us to the back office. There were 6 of us. We have a seat and then, other managers file in. They introduce themselves and then start talking about the company. We talk a tour of the store then go back to the office. They didn't ask any questions. They basically did all the talking, and at the end, said, "Okay, well you guys look like a good bunch. If we are interested in you, we'll give you a call."

Interview Questions

• Nothing. Just show up. I was professionally dressed but just so you know, TJ Maxx standards are very low. If you are dressed in the typical business attire, slacks and button down or blouse and pencil skirt, you're too good for TJ's. Seriously. Look elsewhere.   Answer Question

Negotiation

8.00 to everyone. $1.00 raise for merchandise coordinators, so $9. weekly pay

Loss Prevention Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Houston, TX) in June 2012.

Interview

Very timely and structured. Expectations were laid out from the outset, and management gave me the opportunity to discuss my expectations and goals during the interview. I had a very clear understanding of the job and what my responsibilities were to be, and I had a real respect for management and knew that they would be there to assist me.

Cashier/Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Houston, TX) in June 2012.

Interview

got called in a week after submitting an application. went to the property where they held a group interview. after the group interview got called in for a one on one interview and i was given an offer. overall experience in the interview process was very easy and fast.