TJ Maxx Cashier/Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TJ Maxx Cashier/Sales Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at TJ Maxx

2.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

Alot of questions and it was a group interview and there were about 6 people with me. A coordinate associatiate and the sales manager they ask about 8 questions and show you around the store. Very nice but you have to be outgoing and friendly to get their attention or they will not notice you.

Interview Questions

• What is customer service to you?
    what is teamwork?
    Introduce yourself and say one line about yourself?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for TJ Maxx

Anonymous Employee in Sunrise, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Sunrise, FL) in May 2017.

Interview

Extremely easy management called me in the day I applied. I felt like i had the job before I even went in. I spoke to the hiring manager and the operations manager they were extremely laid back and chill.

Anonymous Employee in Hamilton, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Hamilton, OH) in May 2018.

Interview

just the normal interview questions you would expect to hear. nothing out of the ordinary. very straightforward and easy questions. they called me back very quickly (2-3 days) with a job offer and ive been happily employed since!

Interview Questions

• what does customer service mean to you?   1 Answer
    • why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Duluth, MN

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Duluth, MN) in August 2015.

Interview

Was friendly, professional, simple and overall a good experience, I walked in and went back to the office, we sat in the back and i got asked questions about myself and volunteer experience

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Huntsville, AL) in April 2014.

Interview

It took a couple of weeks for the hiring manager to schedule an interview. The interview was pretty generic. I never felt uncomfortable with any of the questions that were asked.

Interview Questions

• Are you shy about asking customers to sign up for a credit card?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied in store and heard back within a week for an interview. The interview had to be rescheduled because I was going out of town and the manager was very understanding and nice. Once I went in for the interview the manager was again very nice and had a smile on her face. She made me feel comfortable about the interview process.

Interview Questions

• How would you approach a customer who has an issue and seems impatient?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Irvine, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

I thought this was a pretty relaxing interview. I sat down with the manager and assitant manager in a small back room. They asked about other job or volunteer experiences and what I learned from them. They also asked about my strengths and weaknesses.

Anonymous Employee in Tustin, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Tustin, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

The interview process was very simple. They take you to the backroom and sit you down with an Assistant manager first, then a second round with the Store Manager. It took me many attempts by visiting the store to make sure my application went through to them before receiving a call-back. When the interview came around, the overall questions asked were very generic.

Interview Questions

• What is a strength or weakness you have?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Poughkeepsie, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Poughkeepsie, NY) in July 2013.

Interview

Quick, How do you select the right person for your business? There is no perfect answer, but the interview process can be a tremendous help if you use it effectively. Interviewing candidates for a position within your company is one of the final steps in the hiring process. Before you get to this step, you want to make sure that you've completed all of the preceding steps. Below is a list of the steps involved in the hiring process. See FindLaw's The Hiring Process section for additional articles and resources on this topic.
    In order, the key steps to finding the right person to fill a position in your company include:

Interview Questions

• What is one of you biggest strengths/ weaknesses?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Lansing, MI) in November 2016.

Interview

Group interview process was fairly quick interviewing manager ask simple to the point questions in a circle then asked about our availability and if we would potentially be interested in working after holiday season

Interview Questions

• Do you have open availability   1 Answer