TJ Maxx Sales Associate/Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TJ Maxx Sales Associate/Cashier Interview Questions

Interviews at TJ Maxx

2.0

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (New York, NY) in December 2014.

Interview

It was a group interview that was 15 minutes about the job, 45 minutes of the manager complaining about current staff, and 20 min of a group exercise in which we tried to "sell" the manager a decorative pineapple.

Interview Questions

• why do stores like (x) try to get customers to sign up for the store credit card?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for TJ Maxx

Anonymous Employee in Smyrna, GA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Smyrna, GA) in February 2017.

Interview

There is a quick meeting with a management staff team member. You go to the back office and sit and talk about your work history and why you want to be employed at TJ Maxx.

Anonymous Employee in Creve Coeur, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Creve Coeur, MO) in August 2015.

Interview

I filled out an application and took it into the store. I heard back fairly quickly and scheduled my interview. I went in for the interview and talked with one of the store managers. I was asked fairly normal interview questions to learn more about my previous work experiences and situations I was in.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult situation. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Sunrise, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Sunrise, FL) in May 2017.

Interview

Extremely easy management called me in the day I applied. I felt like i had the job before I even went in. I spoke to the hiring manager and the operations manager they were extremely laid back and chill.

Anonymous Employee in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Lansing, MI) in November 2016.

Interview

Group interview process was fairly quick interviewing manager ask simple to the point questions in a circle then asked about our availability and if we would potentially be interested in working after holiday season

Interview Questions

• Do you have open availability   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Hamilton, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Hamilton, OH) in May 2018.

Interview

just the normal interview questions you would expect to hear. nothing out of the ordinary. very straightforward and easy questions. they called me back very quickly (2-3 days) with a job offer and ive been happily employed since!

Interview Questions

• what does customer service mean to you?   1 Answer
    • why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Jacksonville, FL) in May 2014.

Interview

It was quite long, maybe 3 weeks total. It's best to go in person to ensure your application does not get lost in the shuffle. Id say only apply if you have time to wait.

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Huntsville, AL) in April 2014.

Interview

It took a couple of weeks for the hiring manager to schedule an interview. The interview was pretty generic. I never felt uncomfortable with any of the questions that were asked.

Interview Questions

• Are you shy about asking customers to sign up for a credit card?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in North Andover, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (North Andover, MA) in October 2015.

Interview

After submitting a paper application in-store and calling that specific location a few times afterward to show interest I was asked to come in for an interview. During the interview they asked pretty straight forward questions about experience, availability, references, and what positions I was interested in and if I had any personal ambitions to go to college or climb the ladder inside the T.J.X companies. There were no weird curve ball questions like "if you were a kitchen appliance..".

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been in a difficult situation with a customer and how did you deal with it?   1 Answer
    • How comfortable are you around customers and how would you say your customer service skills are?   1 Answer
    • How do you feel handling customer's personal information such as their social security numbers for purposes like credit card applications?   1 Answer
    • What is your availability and what times and shifts are you willing to work?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tustin, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Tustin, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

The interview process was very simple. They take you to the backroom and sit you down with an Assistant manager first, then a second round with the Store Manager. It took me many attempts by visiting the store to make sure my application went through to them before receiving a call-back. When the interview came around, the overall questions asked were very generic.

Interview Questions

• What is a strength or weakness you have?   1 Answer