TJ Maxx Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TJ Maxx Interview Questions

Updated Sep 14, 2017

2.0

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at TJ Maxx in July 2017.

Interview

Went into the store and dropped off my application. By some miracle they happened to be doing interviews on the same day so they scheduled me in. Ended up doing a group interview with 5 other people. This was the first job where I did a group interview and overall I thought it went good. They ended up calling me 2 days later and scheduled me for orientation.

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Biddeford, ME

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Biddeford, ME).

Interview

I filled out an application and delivered it in-store. I went back to follow up within a week where I met one of the managers and scheduled an interview for a few days later. It was less of an interview really and more of an information session about the job... They didn't ask me many questions and spent most of the time telling me how easy the work would be. I walked out with a start date for the following week.

Interview Questions

• What previous experience has prepared you for this job?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Irving, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

I went for an open interview on a Monday at 1 PM. I answered the questions that the managers asked and everything seemed fine until they didn't call me back by the deadline which was Friday. I WILL NOT APPLY FOR ANOTHER TJ MAXX EVER AGAIN!

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at TJ Maxx.

Interview

It was too easy. You are talking about your daily routines or easy things . You should just calm down. It was my first interview so I was little nervous.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TJ Maxx.

Interview

The interview went really smooth, it was quick too! Maybe lasted about 10 minutes, the manager asked a few questions and then talked about how many hours you could work.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a customer complaining about something?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at TJ Maxx.

Interview

One on one sit down with store manager, asked me some questions about past jobs I had, hours available to work, how I get along with others, particular skills, and plans for the future.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for our company?   1 Answer

Overnight Stocker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Easton, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Easton, MA) in May 2017.

Interview

I sent my resume to TJ Maxx from Indeed and received a call to schedule an interview. The woman interviewing me was very nice and asked me typical interview questions, ie. what good customer service means to me. She seemed very impressed with my answered and even told me so, I also offered open availability. After about 35 minutes of questions about working as a team, customer service issues, what I had to offer as an employee, etc. I asked some questions and the interviewer told me that she'd love to have me on board and was very impressed with my answers, but will get back to me after the other manager called my references and reviewed my application. I never heard from them again, and they never contacted my references. They left me at least somewhat hopeful and waiting for their call, it was kind of unprofessional to just leave me hanging.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TJ Maxx in May 2017.

Interview

Typical behavioral based retail questions. The first interview was with a recruiter. She was very nice, cordial easy to speak with. I was passed on to the next level of interviews but declined. Something just felt off with the communication between their recruiting and field management team. I live in another state and they didn't pass that info on to their DM. I got an email from him to his recruiters wondering why we couldn't meet face to face. That type of information was pretty pertinent. Unfortunately, I had to cancel my interview because my wife went into labor. They wanted to reschedule for another day, but the only day they could do it was the day I was moving out of state, picking up family from the airport and taking my newborn in for his checkup. before we left. Pretty set appointments that I just couldn't change. She seemed a little put off that I wasn't able to do it that day. I literally could have done it at any other time on any other day. She told me that I could get a hold of my recruiter when I was settled. Her vibe just came off for lack of a better word, weird. It just didn't feel right so I withdrew. I believe that jobs go both ways. They should appreciate what you bring to the table, and you should appreciate that they are giving you an opportunity to grow with their organization. And that is not how it came across.

Interview Questions

• How do you motivate your team? Tell me about a time you worked with an under performer.   Answer Question

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at TJ Maxx in May 2017.

Interview

Arrived at the location and waited for about 5 minutes for a manager to come to interview me. Interview was very easy. Manager asked simple non-complicated questions. I was told that I basically got the job but I had to wait for them to review my references to proceed to orientation.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at TJ Maxx.

Interview

Interview was in person; professional but also lax, it was one on one with the hiring manager. The whole process took about a week and I received an offer on the spot essentially.

Interview Questions

• How do you operate in a team environment?   2 Answers