TJ Maxx Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TJ Maxx Interview Questions

Interviews at TJ Maxx

2.0

Interview

I was referred to tjx by a previous co worker who was an assistant mgr. The process only took about two weeks. I first had to meet and interview with the store mgr and then I interviewed with the district manager.

Assistant Vice President, Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Boston, MA) in July 2016.

Interview

Interviewed by phone - screening to proceed to next step. HR outlined next steps and timing. Never heard from them so I followed up and was told that they were fortunate enough to find many qualified candidates, and thanked me for my interest. I followed up again to get some feedback about what in my background did not make me qualified to proceed in the process. They could not provide an answer that made sense to me.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your greatest accomplishment.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Cypress, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Cypress, TX) in February 2008.

Interview

I interviewed with a supervising manager, who seemed to love working there. The interview was very easy. She was excited that I had already worked at Marshalls before. She told me to call back a few days later. I did, but she kept telling me to call back. After about 15 days, she called and told me I was hired.

Negotiation

None. Part-time job

Anonymous Employee in Oviedo, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Oviedo, FL) in November 2008.

Interview

Easy interview. Fill out job application in store and if they are hiring when you apply you should get a call to schedule an interview. Easy interview questions such as how to work in a team, work experience, personal goals, strengths, weaknesses, etc.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Austin, TX) in March 2014.

Interview

Make sure you fill out the in store application. I filled out the online one and brought it in, and it just created a big mess. They ended up loosing a big part of it, and I ended up having to fill out a whole new application.

The interview was pretty easy, it was a group one. If they ask for volunteers or people willing to role play, I would definitely raise your hand and try to be noticed. Make sure you speak up, they were looking for that in all of their questions.

After the group interview, they brought some of us back for individual interviews. Basic questions, really only cared about previous retail experience and hours of availability.

**** You have to earn your hours, they are EXTREMELY STINGY WITH GIVING OUT HOURS TO NEW HIRES.

Interview Questions

• They asked where I wanted to be in 3 years. Its a retail job, who really cares?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. They start everyone at 7.50/hr, with very FEW HOURS.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Boston, MA) in May 2014.

Interview

Filled out the application and interviewed the same day. Follow up was good. Met with the Manager who was very straight forward and very clear on expectations for success. Had a chance for tour of the store and brief discussion with other associate after being hired.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation as there are set rates

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at TJ Maxx in July 2014.

Interview

Easy hire. One interview with a management member. Basic questions. Name a good and bad customer exp you have exp in the pass. Etc. Need two verifiable references. Got a call about a month later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none

Anonymous Employee in Orange, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Orange, CA) in October 2010.

Interview

application, interview

Interview Questions

• how to handle difficult costumers   1 Answer

Negotiation

I took first offer

Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TJ Maxx.

Interview

Dropped off an application in store and got a call back within three days and was in to interview within a week. It was a group interview that lasted about a hour and a half. Basic customer service questions were asked.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Saratoga Springs, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Saratoga Springs, NY) in May 2011.

Interview

Interviewed with two managers, one after the other. They asked me what my intention was in working for TJ Maxx, and how long was I looking to work for them. The first manager told me some specifics about the role and asked me whether or not I could fulfill them, while the second manager asked me more about personal strengths and weaknesses.

Interview Questions

• What are some of your strengths that would make you a suitable candidate to fill the role os a sales associate at TJ Maxx?   Answer Question