TJ Maxx Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TJ Maxx Interview Questions

Interviews at TJ Maxx

2.0

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Newark, NJ) in June 2015.

Interview

Quick and easy
    Informative interview quick offer for employment
    The easily answered question and allowed the time for you to understand the company and job responsibilities. Gave a easy training situation

Interview Questions

• Customer service and availability   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Atlanta, GA) in June 2017.

Interview

It’s a group interview , will have to show sale techniques out on the sales floor. The next time you come back you will watch videos on how tell sell to customers and how to sell the tj x card.

Interview Questions

• Scenario type questions about helping a customer with buying something on the floor.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at TJ Maxx.

Interview

Filled out app that I found online, then brought it in store and gave to an associate, got a call back from a manager, went into interview, was asked a variety of easy questions, was offered the job

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths?
      What are your weaknesses?
      What does good customer service look like to you?
      Why retail?   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at TJ Maxx in May 2013.

Interview

Very thoughtful questions and thorough interview. They ensure that they are getting the right type of person to work for them. They value people who will fit into their culture and treat customers like they should be treated.

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Fort Worth, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

The hiring process was a little bit of a hassle, it took about a week. But once I got interviewed, all the paperwork was done and then I got hours the next week. It was awesome.

Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Albany, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

They asked a few interview questions about me and the job description. They asked me if I was interested in the position, then broke down the hiring process after telling me they wanted to hire me.

Anonymous Employee in Parma, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Parma, OH) in April 2016.

Interview

Well, it took them a year to call after I put in an application. But the manager that interviewed me is super sweet and it was a very relaxed almost fun interview

Anonymous Employee in Oceanside, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Oceanside, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

They asked some personal questions and about values in general. A thirty word limit is pretty high but I just need to push through with filler, which is basically what the interview process is considering they just want people who will work flexible hours.

Anonymous Employee in Marlton, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Marlton, NJ) in February 2018.

Interview

Similar with most job openings, I initially received a phone interview. After the phone interview, I got an offer to do a face-to-face interview. During the face-to-face interview the first manager asks questions after a second manager also asks questions.

Interview Questions

• What I can offer to the store so that customers could have a better experience shopping?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in October 2017.

Interview

It was pretty easy going and relaxed. He made it very easy to understand what he expected of me. Very comfortable environment. It was a rather long interview and took a while to get it set up.

Interview Questions

• What did you do at your last job?   1 Answer