TJ Maxx Cashier/Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TJ Maxx Cashier/Sales Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at TJ Maxx

2.0

Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Akron, OH) in May 2015.

Interview

Short and straight to the point. Basic questions and asked about previous work history. Got a call back the next day with a job offer. Applied for cashier but was trained only for merchandising associate, didn't sign up for that to be honest but managers are in the process of cross training all employees. Orientation is the longest process (sat and watched about 10 DVDS) and paperwork.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Other Interview Reviews for TJ Maxx

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wesley Chapel, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Wesley Chapel, FL) in April 2015.

Interview

We were asked to fill out a physical job application. Afterwards, we were brought to the backroom. It was a group interview where the managers showed their potential employees around the store & the backroom. They split us into groups & half the managers took one group wile the others took the their group.They explained what customer service was. The managers also gave us an overview of the tasks they expect us to do if we were hired. After each topic was gone over, your group of managers would ask us if we had any questions &I ask us to role play / demonstrate how we would treat customers.

Interview Questions

• What is customer service ?   1 Answer
    • Name a time you had excellent customer service.   Answer Question
    • Name a time you had bad customer service .   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Opelika, AL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Opelika, AL) in July 2013.

Interview

I started off by first meeting them in person and later discussed a time to meet. There was only one interview where they really just tried to get to know me and see if I had any experience. Some of their questions where situational but for the most part they were HR related and geared to getting to know you. The employer was nice and held they interview in one of the offices in the back. After the interview, I received a phone call offering the position and wanted to know if I could meet to fill out paperwork.

Anonymous Employee in Tyler, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Tyler, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed by the manager and it was about a 30 minute interview. I waited about a day and was called back for a second group interview. I was called later and was notified that I got the job.

Cashier/Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TJ Maxx.

Interview

I brought my application in personally. I approached a cashier very upbeat and politely and the employees were so impressed with my perky demeanor they introduced me to the manager immediately. I had an interview on the spot and received a call a few days later to come in for orientation. The interview was pretty relaxed. The manager asked general questions about previous jobs, how I would handle certain scenarios, and personal questions.

Anonymous Employee in Latham, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Latham, NY) in August 2013.

Interview

The hiring process was fairly simple, I handed them an application in person and they got back to me by phone within a few weeks I went in for an interview and the manager made me feel comfortable and confident that I would get the job from the start. Overall I was asked fair questions and told a lot about what job would entail. I received a phone call a few weeks later that I had received the job. Overall the process took about a month.

Interview Questions

• How do you conduct yourself during high pressure situation such as a customer being frustrated at you or the company   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied in person and received a call a month later. I scheduled the interview the next day. The interview lasted for about 25-30 minutes. The hiring manager had to do a background check on me and call my references before she can hire me. Got a call back a week later with the job offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

TJ Maxx raised their minimum wage back in Summer 2015. It is now $9.00 an hour.

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Miami, FL) in March 2012.

Interview

Fairly simple and straight forward. I had to complete and application and background check. I interviewed with one manger in person. He explained the job duties as well as the different shift hours. I was asked a few questions about myself. This included previous work experience and availability.

Anonymous Employee in Greenwood, SC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Greenwood, SC).

Interview

Filled out an application on sight and submitted it with the manager on duty (MOD). Was called immediately for interview with store manager and met other management staff the same day. I was invited to orientation the same week and hired of course.

Interview Questions

• Would I be interested in applying for their management training program?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There wasn't any, everyone started at the same pay regardless of credentials and everyone was expected to start as part-time.

Anonymous Employee in Palatine, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Palatine, IL) in March 2013.

Interview

Applied online,
     Got call n Interview with manager then he told me to come for orientation on next day n did some skill test .Process was easy , no problem at all .