TJ Maxx Sales Associate/Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TJ Maxx Sales Associate/Cashier Interview Questions

Interviews at TJ Maxx

2.0

Anonymous Employee in Foley, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Foley, AL) in October 2012.

Interview

it has been so long ago i can not remember the process i went through to get the job. It was a legthy process that i went through. i went back for several interviews

Other Interview Reviews for TJ Maxx

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florence, AL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Florence, AL).

Interview

The hiring process was very slow. I got an interview after reaching out to them and they weren't prepared for it. I went in, was asked to wait for 15 minutes on a hiring manager to get ready for me, was escorted to a back room, and asked a few questions.

Interview Questions

• What are some qualities that make you a standout candidate for this position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Cleveland, OH) in June 2016.

Interview

Pretty short. They seemed desperate. They asked a bunch of questions then they explained how it is related to the job. Two other managers were also present and they kept talking which was pretty rude but it didn't matter. It wasn't bad at all. I knew they needed people so they hired me.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle multiple projects?   3 Answers

Negotiation

I did not negotiate anything.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kahului, HI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Kahului, HI) in July 2015.

Interview

For it was one on one, I applied in the store when it was empty and I got interviewed right away after filling out my paper work. It was very easy and fun my manager was from a store on Oahu. I really loved talking because I had the fear that it was going to be difficult like some people say but instead it was the complete opposite. TJ Maxx has outstanding people managing it but the lack of hours and opportunities just isn't as great. For your first job you'll love it and it will make you feel like your surrounded by family.

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Alpharetta, GA) in September 2013.

Interview

Sat down one on one with a manager. She was very friendly and kind of like a mother figure. It was more of a chat session than actual interview questions.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my availability and my willingness to work on weekends.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Capitol Heights, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Capitol Heights, MD) in September 2015.

Interview

The hiring process consisted of two interviews with the hiring manager and then the overall store manager. It took about a week for each interview to be scheduled and to set up the next one. For a retail store that hires teenagers I was very surprised at how strict and serious the policies were that had to be followed. You would think that you were working at a bank or a accounting firm for how many rules that have to be followed to work at tj maxx. Seemed like a little overkill.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

I had to constantly call to remind them of my interview date and my interest in the company. I applied in person, and received no call. 2 weeks later I called back and was asked to come in for an interview. A week later, called back for my orientation date. Hired after another week.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

I arrived at the location and asked a cashier if she could let my hiring manager know I'm here. I was greeted by the manager 5 minutes later and she walked me to her office. The interview process helped her understand my education, work experience, who I am and why I'm seeking employment.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southbury, CT

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Southbury, CT).

Interview

Pretty basic, they ask a lot of "what if" scenario based behavioral questions. They want to know that you're neat and able to complete basic tasks like organizing shelves and what not.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a customer comes up to you and asks you for something while you're already working on a task for your manager?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Greenwood, SC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Greenwood, SC).

Interview

Filled out an application on sight and submitted it with the manager on duty (MOD). Was called immediately for interview with store manager and met other management staff the same day. I was invited to orientation the same week and hired of course.

Interview Questions

• Would I be interested in applying for their management training program?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There wasn't any, everyone started at the same pay regardless of credentials and everyone was expected to start as part-time.