TJ Maxx Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 22, 2017

2.0

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allentown, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Allentown, PA) in January 2017.

Interview

Pretty simple, applied online got called maybe a week after. The person interviewing me was very friendly making the experience rather laid back. I got a job somewhere else, but will consider reapplying if I ever decide to leave my current job.

Interview Questions

• Is the customer always right?   1 Answer

Management Interview

Application

The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at TJ Maxx in January 2017.

Interview

it was a good positive conversation. Talked about all aspects of the job expectations and responsibilities. It was a process to get through. Many levels to interview with not worth it at the end.

Interview Questions

• What are your main responsibilities at your current position?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

Behavioral interview, asked questions about my personality, asked how I worked with other people. Overall, the interview was extremely conversational and I felt relaxed throughout the entire process. The hiring manager made me feel at ease and could tell that this was my first time applying to a job. They aren't looking for super competent people, just people who are willing to work and are looking for hours.

Interview Questions

• What does teamwork mean to you?   1 Answer

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (New York, NY).

Interview

Went in and they had a little table set up where I filled out an application. The manager was around and waited for me to finish to talk to me. At the end of the "interview" which took only a few minutes she said that I had a job.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (New York, NY).

Interview

It was professional I received a call very quickly the staff was nice. They showed a lot of respect. It was very diverse and it also was a great culture. I went through a drug test and once I passed everything was good.

Interview Questions

• Why do I want to work. If I was hired when could I start what clothes do I enjoy buying   Answer Question

Merchandise Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (New York, NY).

Interview

I got a job from westlake village tj maxx but i had to decline it because i just found out that my family and i are going to move to a different city. So when we moved and we already settled down. I applied to tj maxx menifee. At first I was confident that im gonna get the job. So i got a call and then they asked me if i can go to the store for an interview so i was pretty excited and happy. When i got to the store, i waited for my interviewer and then she finally called me in and we started the interview and then she only asked me like 4 questions only. She sounded like shes not interested with me and she's in a hurry. She didnt even ask me to fill something and something unlike the first interview i had from a different city. The lady that interviewed seems she's in a bad mood

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Columbia, TN) in December 2016.

Interview

I went in and spoke with a floor manager (at the time). He asked about my job history, personal history, etc. He asked me questions like "why should we hire you?" And "what makes you qualified for this position?". It was a fairly normal interview process.

Store Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Placerville, CA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Placerville, CA).

Interview

First time I applied, it was online and I never heard a word, however when I applied with the paper applications at the front door and turned it in to someone up front, I received a call after a few days for an interview. I was asked basic questions about any experience I have, how I would handle certain situations and where I think I would fit best in the store and be the most productive. From there, I was given a second interview with the assistant manager and she asked similar questions which seemed a bit redundant but she offered me a position on the spot and orientation was three weeks later, I started the next day after orientation.

Interview Questions

• Where would you be the most productive in the store?   2 Answers
    • How would you assist a customer with questions about a department you do not work in?   Answer Question

Negotiation

None

Cashier/Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florence, AL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Florence, AL).

Interview

The hiring process was very slow. I got an interview after reaching out to them and they weren't prepared for it. I went in, was asked to wait for 15 minutes on a hiring manager to get ready for me, was escorted to a back room, and asked a few questions.

Interview Questions

• What are some qualities that make you a standout candidate for this position?   Answer Question

Merchandise/Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Burlington, WA) in November 2016.

Interview

After submitting my application online through the app [Snagajob], I received a telephone call the next couple days for an interview.
    Met with the manager and retail associate in the back room/office at the TJ Maxx.
    Questions weren't too hard but you had to think. So have your answers ready with 1-2 examples each.
    Some examples are:
    Tell me about yourself?
    What does customer service mean to you?
    What does teamwork mean to you?
    When's the earliest you can start?
    Do you know anything about TJ Maxx?
    Do you have any experience in retail?
    Do you feel comfortable offering the TJ Maxx credit card to customers at checkout?
    The interview is about 30 minutes. You're asked to fill out a worksheet- job experience, etc.
    Don't forget to bring your resume and references!
    If you do get to the orientation- bring your SSI & ID card

2 days later the manager calls me and asks if I can come to orientation. 12 pm SHARP!