TJ Maxx Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TJ Maxx Interview Questions

Interviews at TJ Maxx

2.0

Anonymous Employee in Parma, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Parma, OH) in April 2016.

Interview

Well, it took them a year to call after I put in an application. But the manager that interviewed me is super sweet and it was a very relaxed almost fun interview

Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at TJ Maxx in May 2013.

Interview

Very thoughtful questions and thorough interview. They ensure that they are getting the right type of person to work for them. They value people who will fit into their culture and treat customers like they should be treated.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at TJ Maxx.

Interview

Filled out app that I found online, then brought it in store and gave to an associate, got a call back from a manager, went into interview, was asked a variety of easy questions, was offered the job

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths?
      What are your weaknesses?
      What does good customer service look like to you?
      Why retail?   1 Answer

Jewelry Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Cincinnati, OH) in May 2016.

Interview

One in person interview that lasted about 10 minutes followed by an in person offer. They did't ask many questions, but placed importance on me wanting to work there for a long time. The training was in a group and mostly just paper work and then working in the warehouse for 4 hours.

Stock Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TJ Maxx in October 2016.

Interview

it was good at times the questions got difficult because its my first ever job and i was so nervous but when i got in their i was comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Why are you the best for this job?   2 Answers

Stock Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gulfport, MS

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Gulfport, MS) in August 2012.

Interview

The interview was the store assistant manager asked a person to step into there office to ask them a question to see if they can do the job.What are your strengths? your weakness and what would do if someone was robbing the store? Different material to see if the person is eligible to work for there company.

Interview Questions

• what makes you a good employee to work for our company   1 Answer

Stock Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Downers Grove, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Downers Grove, IL) in October 2014.

Interview

It was easy interview. Not too many questions. The questions were the usual one that always ask at other jobs too! U applied and wait for the store manager to call you then they offered you a job the next day you will go in n meet with assistant manager. And they hired me.

Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Staten Island, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Staten Island, NY) in October 2011.

Interview

The interviewer asked me what it is I want to be doing there and I explained. The interviewer replied that that's kinda what he's doing, we'll call you.

Warehouse Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evansville, IN

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Evansville, IN) in March 2011.

Interview

Company wants new employees to hire in through a temporary human resource company to start at a low rate of pay. After several months of work, they will consider if you meet their needs. If I accept a job like this, I lose unemployment and if they do not hire me I will have to reapply for unemployment and it may be rated lower.

Interview Questions

• Would you be willing to work weekends?   2 Answers
    • Can you work 10 or 12 hour shifts?   1 Answer

Any Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Austin, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

Awesome. The manager was very informative and personable. She made me very comfortable, and allowed for questions and my personality to shine thru. The process took about an hour and again was very thorough and pleasant. I am completely thrilled to be a part of the TJMaxx family. Thank you.

Interview Questions

• What was a time someone went above and beyond to make your experience unforgettable?   Answer Question