TJ Maxx Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TJ Maxx Interview Questions

Updated Feb 17, 2017

2.0

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TJ Maxx.

Interview

Group interviews. Answer interview questions with no specific order just whomever answers first. Interview included two managers. One was a sales floor manager and the other was a operation manager.

Interview Questions

• What is the main agenda for tj maxx?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at TJ Maxx.

Interview

Sit down with the hiring manager and get asked a series of questions. The main thing they are looking for is someone who is willing to learn. The hiring manager was really nice and she let me know that it was okay not to know the answer.

Merchandise Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Las Vegas, NV) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied in person . Turned it in and got an on the spot interview it was pretty easy going only answered a couple question interviewer was nice and easy going . Got a call back for second interview hope I get it

Interview Questions

• What does customer service mean to you ?   1 Answer

Cashier/Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Atlanta, GA) in August 2016.

Interview

Laid back. they asked about employment history, education history. Afterwards they called me back for a second interview with the Supervisor. He was pretty laid back as well. He cared a lot about me getting back in school to get my masters.

Interview Questions

• what was the most difficult encounter you've had to deal with at work and how did you handle it   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Burlington, NC) in August 2016.

Interview

interview had 4/5 people in a room in a circle form and questions were asked to all. it was a good calm interview. Manager was really good and made sure that we were comfortable and not nervous.

Interview Questions

• What is the main reason you would like to work for this company?   1 Answer

Cashier/Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

She literally only asked me 3 questions which were and during my interview other associates were just walking in and out of the office. Also she really wasn't engaged in the interview, she even looked at her phone a few times. Also, she was not really happy about talking about the company she was working for.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with rude customers?
      Favorite thing about Tj Maxx ?
      Can you work in a face paced environment?
      Answer Question

Merchandise Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at TJ Maxx.

Interview

I came in and asked the cashier to page the hiring manager. Went into a small training like room and was questioned by the DM. From there, I interviewed with another person in management in the same room. Overall, it was very easy. The DM and the other lady was very nice and bubbly. I felt very comfortable talking to them.

Interview Questions

• I was asked very general questions like; why TJMaxx? How did I handle a rude customer? How did I handle a customer complementing my services? What does customer service mean to you? etc   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TJ Maxx.

Interview

The interview itself is pretty forgiving. I was so nervous as a teenager interviewing and choked on my words! I still got the job, though. Ive grown a lot since then aha. One reason why I think I got hired was because I shook the managers hand and actually introduced myself when turning in my application.
    Look nice for the interview. It's retail. It's important! And how you look, and how social and friendly and your age all contribute to your position as well either in thr backroom, designated only to work in the fitting room or front register/sales floor.
    The interview itself is one on one and it's usually scheduled one after the other. Fairly quick and simple questions. Questions are straightfoward like "why should we hire you" and "whats your greatest weakness".

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest weakness   1 Answer

Floor Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TJ Maxx.

Interview

I was a little nervous being in that situation. It was just me and the manager in the room. She asked to tell her about myself and what my goals are.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Pretty straight forward since I was tough teenager at the time and was just looking for something to help with minima bills.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at TJ Maxx.

Interview

Mass hire two interviews very easy, new store opening in town was hiring a lot of people had background experience no problem getting the job easy questions easy answers whole process took maybe 20 minutes great company