TJ Maxx Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TJ Maxx Interview Questions

Interviews at TJ Maxx

2.0

Anything Available Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at TJ Maxx.

Interview

pleasant but they did not abide by their hiring promise had me doing everything and anything not what I was hired to do the managers donot know how to conduct an interview it is very childish but they are so desperate in the riverhead ny store they will take on anyone that is still breathing young or old dosenot matter but no Jewish people here everyother ethnic group.

Interview Questions

• benign in fact childish the managers not well versed in conducting interviews they are so desperate for help in riverhead ny store they hire anyone and anything that is breathing.they have people coming to work reeking of pot and alcohol and don't care one bit .   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at TJ Maxx.

Interview

There was no interview process. The internship was a part of an ROP/CTE class. Now I will describe the internship to fufill the 50 word minimum.
    Was required to fufill 36 hours.
    Very flexible work hours.
    Sadly no discount.
    Most managers were very nice and clear with directions.
    A 5 hour workshift means only a 15 minute lunch break.
    There was a lounge for employees.

Administrative Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Myrtle Beach, Horry, SC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (North Myrtle Beach, Horry, SC) in November 2015.

Interview

Relaxed yet questioning specific to job and understanding of processes. Always go in prepared and researched of company, it strengthens your credibility tand shows you care enough to know the company you want to work for.

Interview Questions

• What is your retail background.   1 Answer

Administrative Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Boston, MA) in January 2016.

Interview

There were 2 rounds of interviews: first, I interviewed with HR, who asked me the typical questions: "Why do you want to work with us?" "What do you think your role as administrative coordinator entails?" Afterwards, I was asked to sit down one-on-one with the store manager, who asked me more specific questions about accomplishments and challenges from previous jobs, etc.

Interview Questions

• What does customer service mean to you?   1 Answer

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TJ Maxx.

Interview

I went to a mass hiring event. Was interviewed quickly and offered a job the same day.

Interview Questions

• There are lots of "name a time when" types of questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase. Pay is firm but the amount of hours worked were flexible.

Markdown Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bridgeville, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Bridgeville, PA) in November 2012.

Interview

I was able to get an interview as soon as I went into turn in my application (that I printed online and filled out before.) It was a short typical interview asking why I wanted to work there, previous job experience, availability, etc. Then I was told that they would schedule me for orientation after they checked with my references. Orientation consisted of normal rules discussions, paperwork, tour and locker assignment. The first week, they started me out in the backroom processing shipment to get a feel for everything and then I moved to markdowns. During weeks that there were no markdowns, I would be scheduled to process shipment. Overall, it's relatively easy work and the people I worked with were nice.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There really was no negotiation.

Markdown Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Washington, DC) in May 2013.

Interview

The interview pricess went very well and I was very impressed with the way the interview went because it was an open house interview on the day I went

Interview Questions

• Have I ever work in customer service   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Gurnee, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Gurnee, IL) in July 2015.

Interview

It was an extremely easy. All I can say is that just be you and be confident and it will be a smooth interview. I had two interviews for the position which was out of the ordinary but it went well either ways.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Atlanta, GA) in March 2016.

Interview

it was easy i didnt have no problem with it the lady was nice and the questions went by really fast i do recommand it to other people she gave me snacks and juice and showed me around and we talk off topic a few times

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Cambridge, MA).

Interview

The interview went well i could say . The questions were particularly easy to answer. After the interview they immediately call the references that i provided. I wait a week after the process to let them know i was interested.They did not wait a long time to call me and offer a position.