TJ Maxx Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TJ Maxx Interview Questions

Updated Jul 16, 2017

2.0

Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at TJ Maxx in October 2016.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter then set up face to face with DM. Had to drive 2 hours one way to his home store. Was told I would be paid mileage for the trip and almost 2 months later I still haven't received the check. I was told I would hear from him by the end of the week..another week passed and I emailed and then she called me and I was told the operations position was put "on hold" and they wanted to bring me in as an hourly assistant, I accept and she told me I would hear from the SM. A whole week goes by and I hear nothing so I email her and she says she will contact the DM and let me know...I never hear anything after another week. So I emailed DM directly and he says "I forwarded your resume to 3 stores to see if they have anything open"....so I was offered a position that did not exist. I have never heard back from anyone. Absolutely terrible experience and so unprofessional. I am still trying to get my mileage check.

Unprofessional

Merchandising Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I went through two rounds of interviews. The first round was in their office in Los Angeles were we were given a mathematical assessment. The second round was the next day where we were interviewed by three different people and asked various behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• -Describe a situation where you worked with a different team member. What was your role? And how did you resolve the situation?
      -Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      -What do you know about merchandising?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at TJ Maxx in October 2016.

Interview

phone screen and in person. very simple and straight forward. process did not take long. as soon as i walked out of the interview, i got a call from requiter with job offer. i accepted.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Saint Paul, MN) in October 2016.

Interview

I first received a call from a manager about 2 weeks after i applied online. She asked me to come in for an interview that following weekend, interview went smoothly. I was asked to come in a few days later for a follow up interview with another manager. From then i was hired

Interview Questions

• What makes you different from other potential employees   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TJ Maxx.

Interview

Two people interview ask a lot of question about my experience in customer service and difficult customers have I ever worked with customers and did I want to be a manager . As llong as you smile you have the job they do not ask any hard questions all behavioral questions

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They called me and offered the offer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at TJ Maxx in September 2016.

Interview

I applied on a Tuesday and got a call the same day to interview on the upcoming Thursday. It was a group interview with just one other girl. The questions were basic interview questions but the interviewer seemed to pay more attention to the other girl becuase they had a mutual friend. The interviewer was very to the point and serious which didn't help my nervousness.

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Troy, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Troy, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

Two day interview process. First is with a store coordinator who goes over your resume with you and asks you basic questions (filtering process). Second is with the store manager who basically does the same as the first.

Cashier/Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jackson, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Jackson, TN) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview process was a group interview and a tour of the store combined. We even had to "be employees" for about 5-10 minutes and then our work was checked over. Alot of visual aids were also included. They basically asked a few questions in each department about what we should do or how we would do certain things as an employee.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing you should not be taught and atomatically know when you are hired ?

What does customer service mean to you ?

Why should we hire you ?   Answer Question

Merchandise Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Chicago, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

I turned in the application at 11:30 am on a Thursday and received a call back the same day at 3:30 pm. Had two interviews the following Saturday with two merchandising managers. The first interview went great, the interviewer went into great detail about the job, the company, and the expectations and seemed very intrigued by my experience.

The second interviewer, however, was very rude. She kept interrupting me when I was answering her questions and assumed that I can't take constructive criticism. Even though the interview with her was very rocky, and stated that she felt "50/50" with me, she set me up for another interview with the Store Manager.

This interview with him went VERY well. He understood my reasonings for leaving my previous job and was very impressed by my retail experience. He told me the DM was on vacation and that he would reach out to her about my application once she came back (all full time positions have to be approved by their DM). He called me back two days later and asked me to come up to the store and consent to a background check. Once there, he offered me the job.

Even though my interview with the lady interviewer was very off putting, I would say my experience was positive because I enjoyed my interviewers with the first interviewer and the store manager.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The store manager asked me what would I imagine my pay rate being and I told him at least minimum wage or the amount I was making at my previous job. He told me their coordinators often make more than that. He offered me $1.09 more than what I was making at my previous job.

Merchandising Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plainfield, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Plainfield, IN) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview was about thirty minutes or so. The woman I interviewed with was very nice. Asked the usual questions you'd expect at an interview. She was funny and comfortable and it wasn't awkward or anything. After the interview she wanted to proceed with the background check and get the ball rolling, but I couldn't afford a pay cut like that. Merchandising coordinators are basically managers of small departments and you only get 10$... then 11$ after six months.

Interview Questions

• "Describe a time where you had multiple things to complete. How did you make time to finish all the tasks?"   Answer Question