TJ Maxx Cashier/Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TJ Maxx Cashier/Sales Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at TJ Maxx

2.0

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

I had to constantly call to remind them of my interview date and my interest in the company. I applied in person, and received no call. 2 weeks later I called back and was asked to come in for an interview. A week later, called back for my orientation date. Hired after another week.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for TJ Maxx

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Atlanta, GA) in August 2016.

Interview

Laid back. they asked about employment history, education history. Afterwards they called me back for a second interview with the Supervisor. He was pretty laid back as well. He cared a lot about me getting back in school to get my masters.

Interview Questions

• what was the most difficult encounter you've had to deal with at work and how did you handle it   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Jackson, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Jackson, TN) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview process was a group interview and a tour of the store combined. We even had to "be employees" for about 5-10 minutes and then our work was checked over. Alot of visual aids were also included. They basically asked a few questions in each department about what we should do or how we would do certain things as an employee.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing you should not be taught and atomatically know when you are hired ?

What does customer service mean to you ?

Why should we hire you ?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Frederick, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Frederick, MD) in May 2016.

Interview

I met with the assistant manager for a brief interview, and had a second interview with the store manager. Overall, it was a pleasant interview. They were very specific about what was required of me, upfront, and honest.

I asked questions about what the job was like and how it was different from other retail Jobs in the area. I also asked both managers how they like working there and what is the best part about working at TJ Maxx. It was smooth conversation and felt easy and comfortable.

Anonymous Employee in Sumter, SC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Sumter, SC) in October 2016.

Interview

The process was average but short nonetheless and the interview was great. It was two managers and basically they liked my positive attitude, my very flexible availiability and what i've learned to do. Those are attributes you kind of want to go in with and also have knowledge of situations that might happen in the future. I got a call on Friday saying that I got the job after my interview on Tuesday. So it was a great positive experience and all of the staff are nice and welcoming.

Anonymous Employee in Foley, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Foley, AL) in October 2012.

Interview

it has been so long ago i can not remember the process i went through to get the job. It was a legthy process that i went through. i went back for several interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florence, AL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Florence, AL).

Interview

The hiring process was very slow. I got an interview after reaching out to them and they weren't prepared for it. I went in, was asked to wait for 15 minutes on a hiring manager to get ready for me, was escorted to a back room, and asked a few questions.

Interview Questions

• What are some qualities that make you a standout candidate for this position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

She literally only asked me 3 questions which were and during my interview other associates were just walking in and out of the office. Also she really wasn't engaged in the interview, she even looked at her phone a few times. Also, she was not really happy about talking about the company she was working for.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with rude customers?
      Favorite thing about Tj Maxx ?
      Can you work in a face paced environment?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Cleveland, OH) in June 2016.

Interview

Pretty short. They seemed desperate. They asked a bunch of questions then they explained how it is related to the job. Two other managers were also present and they kept talking which was pretty rude but it didn't matter. It wasn't bad at all. I knew they needed people so they hired me.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle multiple projects?   3 Answers

Negotiation

I did not negotiate anything.

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Alpharetta, GA) in September 2013.

Interview

Sat down one on one with a manager. She was very friendly and kind of like a mother figure. It was more of a chat session than actual interview questions.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my availability and my willingness to work on weekends.   Answer Question