TJ Maxx Sales Associate/Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TJ Maxx Sales Associate/Cashier Interview Questions

Interviews at TJ Maxx

2.0

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, MN

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Rochester, MN) in July 2015.

Interview

Had an interview, had a second interview 5 minutes later, was hired on the spot. Orientation is shortly after, only lasts about 4 hours. They start you at cashier but you can cross train and be trained for everywhere in the store.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate, decided $9 was enough since I'm only in high school.

Other Interview Reviews for TJ Maxx

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Miami, FL) in March 2012.

Interview

Fairly simple and straight forward. I had to complete and application and background check. I interviewed with one manger in person. He explained the job duties as well as the different shift hours. I was asked a few questions about myself. This included previous work experience and availability.

Anonymous Employee in Tyler, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Tyler, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed by the manager and it was about a 30 minute interview. I waited about a day and was called back for a second group interview. I was called later and was notified that I got the job.

Cashier/Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TJ Maxx.

Interview

I brought my application in personally. I approached a cashier very upbeat and politely and the employees were so impressed with my perky demeanor they introduced me to the manager immediately. I had an interview on the spot and received a call a few days later to come in for orientation. The interview was pretty relaxed. The manager asked general questions about previous jobs, how I would handle certain scenarios, and personal questions.

Anonymous Employee in Latham, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Latham, NY) in August 2013.

Interview

The hiring process was fairly simple, I handed them an application in person and they got back to me by phone within a few weeks I went in for an interview and the manager made me feel comfortable and confident that I would get the job from the start. Overall I was asked fair questions and told a lot about what job would entail. I received a phone call a few weeks later that I had received the job. Overall the process took about a month.

Interview Questions

• How do you conduct yourself during high pressure situation such as a customer being frustrated at you or the company   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied in person and received a call a month later. I scheduled the interview the next day. The interview lasted for about 25-30 minutes. The hiring manager had to do a background check on me and call my references before she can hire me. Got a call back a week later with the job offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

TJ Maxx raised their minimum wage back in Summer 2015. It is now $9.00 an hour.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Detroit, MI).

Interview

I came in and applied in person, the manager seemed to really like my flexable scheduale and asked me if im availiable to work on certain days. She said she'd call me after a few days but its been a month and I havent heard from her

Cashier/Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TJ Maxx in February 2015.

Interview

It was really simple. I applied online first and received a phone call within a few days of applying to make an appointment for an interview. The interview was very relaxed and the managers were really welcoming and easy to talk to. This is my first real job besides babysitting and I was really happy they offered me a position without any retail experience ( I have a lot of leadership positions though!).

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland Park, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Oakland Park, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

It was a group interview with 3 managers. You were split up in to groups. . It went really good. And if you get a call your second interview will be with the store manager.

Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Akron, OH) in May 2015.

Interview

Short and straight to the point. Basic questions and asked about previous work history. Got a call back the next day with a job offer. Applied for cashier but was trained only for merchandising associate, didn't sign up for that to be honest but managers are in the process of cross training all employees. Orientation is the longest process (sat and watched about 10 DVDS) and paperwork.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None