TJ Maxx Management Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TJ Maxx Management Interview Questions

Interviews at TJ Maxx

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southaven, MS

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Southaven, MS) in January 2012.

Interview

Interview consisted of group interview. Management introduced themselves and then conducted an entire floor walk-through. Interviewee's were taken to each department of the store and even the stock room to get a first-hand look at how the business is ran. A series of questions were asked to see who took initiative to answer the question.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you're a better fit candidate?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for TJ Maxx

Management Interview

Application

The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at TJ Maxx in January 2017.

Interview

it was a good positive conversation. Talked about all aspects of the job expectations and responsibilities. It was a process to get through. Many levels to interview with not worth it at the end.

Interview Questions

• What are your main responsibilities at your current position?   Answer Question

Management Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TJ Maxx in September 2008.

Interview

Interview was immediate, then it took forever to hear back from them. My advice, be patient and do not accept the first offer.

Management Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at TJ Maxx in November 2011.

Interview

Applied on-line after seeing notice of new store openings and received verification that they received my resume. A month or so later noticed they were having a Job Fair so attended that and had an initial interview and then was asked to stay to do a 1:1 interview with HR Manager. Very nice interviews- no "gotcha" questions and no negativity. One question was " Describe a situation where you promoted an employee and were proud of the results." Also asked questions about your background and experience- very conversational. Afterwards there was frequent follow-up to tell me what phase they were in with the hiring process (background checks, interviewing others, etc.) but it did take 2 months to receive an offer so that was nerve-racking.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you promoted an employee and were proud of the results   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiating- they had asked previous salary so operated from that. Very generous offer for the position though and great benefits.