TJ Maxx Merchandise Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TJ Maxx Merchandise Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at TJ Maxx

1.9

Anonymous Employee in Redlands, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Redlands, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

It was a mass hire for a opening store. I was interviewed on the spot and nailed it! Of course I have over 3 years in retail experience so it was a little easier for me to answer their questions. I had a second interview with the store manager and they should be contacting me shortly!

Interview Questions

• What do you think about teamwork?   2 Answers
  • Tell me about your previous experience in retail   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time you had to juggle multiple tasks.   Answer Question
  • What does customer service mean to you?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for TJ Maxx

Anonymous Employee in Henderson, NV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Henderson, NV) in October 2013.

Interview

There were 2 interviews, one with Christopher and the other with Nicole. They both asked the same questions and I think that was to see if you were consistent. They asked about teamwork, treatment of others, and what is considered good customer service.

Merchandise Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TJ Maxx in May 2015.

Interview

I was asked to come interview but never actually got to when I showed up because they didn't want to hire me because I would be leaving for college in the fall. They don't hire temporary associates.

Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Cupertino, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

3-4 days after I applied online, I was contacted by phone to set up an interview. The interview was relatively easy, a few questions about my resume and other basic questions. My interview was a bit longer than it should be because since I applied online, I had to fill out a physical application in-store because they do not receive online applications. After the interview, I was asked to attend orientation the next day. Overall, it was a very positive experience, the manager was very nice and friendly!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Henderson, NV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Henderson, NV) in April 2014.

Interview

The interview process was about 3 weeks. After handing in my application, it took about a week for a first interview to be scheduled. It was 1:1 and very relaxed, and I got positive feedback. A second interview was scheduled a week later and had the same feel. Very basic questions. My hiring manager went on vacation after that though, so it took 2 months for me to get an orientation date and officially be hired.

Interview Questions

• "How would you go about asking a customer to apply for the TJX Rewards Credit Card?"   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Brooklyn, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied in person. They called the same day, had a interview 2 days later. The interview took about 30 minutes. Was asked at least 10 questions. Mainly Customer Service & What Would You Do type of questions. Was nervous at first but i felt very comfortable after a few minutes. Took a month to get a call back to come in for Orientation.

Interview Questions

• What does Customer Service mean to you?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Just make sure you are honest about your Availability. The job is Minimum Wage. $8.75/Hour

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Newark, NJ) in May 2012.

Interview

Super easy! Got hired right on the spot. I had one interview and then asked my manager when I would be expecting a call back. She said, "you know what, come back on this date" and that was it. Very typical questions were asked. It was very laid back and not scary at all. I got hired with no experience when I was 17 and a junior in high school.

Anonymous Employee in Fond du Lac, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Fond du Lac, WI) in July 2013.

Interview

Easy, and extremely friendly. The store manager hired me right on the spot. They are concerned with culture of the store and how new employees will mesh with current employees.

Anonymous Employee in Pittsford, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Pittsford, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

Applied online a month later got a call went in to a 30 min interview basic questions schedule etc. Was told needed to check references a week later got offered job,was some issues with a not so up to his job hiring manager but once I called coprate hr they took car of the issue I loved working here hope to B there soon again

Interview Questions

• What's your definition of a strong team?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Fremont, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

The manager gave me a form to sign first including naming people who could recommend you, previous work... even though I filled out a similar form online. Then she interviewed me and we small talked - she was pretty chatty and nice.

Interview Questions

• Describe an example of how you presented leadership.   Answer Question
    • Describe an example of how you multitask.   Answer Question
    • Are you comfortable selling cards to the customers (the ones they buy where if they spend enough money they get points to get things on discount).   Answer Question