TJ Maxx Merchandise Coordinator Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TJ Maxx Merchandise Coordinator Interview Questions

Interviews at TJ Maxx

2.8

Merchandise Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at TJ Maxx in August 2017.

Interview

Basic questions asked by interviewers. Two managers sat with me in the office and just asked the basic interview questions that most places ask. Pretty laid back in terms of a job interview.

Interview Questions

• What makes you think you would do well in this leadership position?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for TJ Maxx

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Chicago, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

I turned in the application at 11:30 am on a Thursday and received a call back the same day at 3:30 pm. Had two interviews the following Saturday with two merchandising managers. The first interview went great, the interviewer went into great detail about the job, the company, and the expectations and seemed very intrigued by my experience.

The second interviewer, however, was very rude. She kept interrupting me when I was answering her questions and assumed that I can't take constructive criticism. Even though the interview with her was very rocky, and stated that she felt "50/50" with me, she set me up for another interview with the Store Manager.

This interview with him went VERY well. He understood my reasonings for leaving my previous job and was very impressed by my retail experience. He told me the DM was on vacation and that he would reach out to her about my application once she came back (all full time positions have to be approved by their DM). He called me back two days later and asked me to come up to the store and consent to a background check. Once there, he offered me the job.

Even though my interview with the lady interviewer was very off putting, I would say my experience was positive because I enjoyed my interviewers with the first interviewer and the store manager.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The store manager asked me what would I imagine my pay rate being and I told him at least minimum wage or the amount I was making at my previous job. He told me their coordinators often make more than that. He offered me $1.09 more than what I was making at my previous job.

Anonymous Employee in Sykesville, MD

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Sykesville, MD) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview process was typical to most retail jobs. They wanted a resume with background and job experiences. Was informed on what to expect for the job and was shown educational videos to learn more about the company's policies and expectations.

Merchandise Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at TJ Maxx in September 2013.

Interview

I met with the store manager since it was for a transfer request and I had already worked at Marshalls. The interview took almost an hour since she wanted to hear all about my experienece at Marshalls. Overall it was an easy process since I already did the job before but was trying to get full-time.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too unexpected. Usual behavioral type questions asking about customer service and working with a team.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They do not let you negotiate at all. They only give a $1 raise from your part-time associate pay if you started part-time.

Merchandise Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at TJ Maxx in February 2013.

Interview

general interview. if you have half a brain you will get hired.

Merchandise Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TJ Maxx.

Interview

Attended new store job fair. So many people present, had to wait long time to interview. The interview was quick and felt like I was being 'herded' through the process. I felt the interviewer did not take the time to get a feel for who I was as a prospective employee. They were basically looking for people willing to work for low wage.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your average day of duties at your previous job? Why do you want to work for TJ Maxx?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Mobile, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Mobile, AL) in January 2014.

Interview

I put in my application with TJ Maxx and it was about a month before I got a call back. The interview itself was great, my interviewing manager was cool and down to earth. I was given a second interview within a week and it went great also, the questions were in depth and thorough. I felt like I sat down with friends and colleagues. However it was over a month before I got called back to give me the job and another couple of weeks before I started.

Negotiation

My goal was to at least make what I made at my last job. They only gave me 0.50 more than the original offer, however I was told I would get $0.50 after a successful 90 day review and then another raise not long after once I was promoted to key carrier.....However I've been here 5 months with only a $0.10 raise.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (College Station, TX) in October 2012.

Interview

A few days after applying online I received a call inviting me to an interview. The first interview was a group interview with 8 applicants. The panel of interviewers consisted of 3 coordinators/management and the GM. First they separated us into groups of 2, we had to get to know the other person and introduce them to the rest of the group. Next they had us try to sell a product. The interviewers proceeded to go over the TJX credit card and why everyone should have one. Afterwards we went onto the sales floor and watched the cashiers in action, role played in the fitting room, and learned about recovery/ where items belong. After learning about how important customer service is they took us back in the initial interview room. They asked a few more group questions followed by the interviewees asking the GM questions. The GM informed us as a whole that we will all start off at $7.25 an hour. We were asked to give a courtesy call within 24 hours if we were still interested in the position. If they liked you, they would then call you back and set up a second interview. The first interview was just short of two hours. I declined the second interview due to the minimum wage offer.

Interview Questions

• Not many questions. The interview was more like first day orientation.   Answer Question

Minimum wage. Prior skills need not apply.

Anonymous Employee in Muncie, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Muncie, IN) in March 2015.

Interview

Basically walked in for an app, spoke with the current MOD and was asked to come back in a couple of hours to speak with another manager. Was hired that day but it took 3 weeks to even get me scheduled.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

I was promoted from within the company so the process was a little bit different. They posted the position and I was require to do an assessment on my skills.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between a leader and a manager?
      Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      What are your strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question