TJ Maxx Retail Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TJ Maxx Retail Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at TJ Maxx

2.4

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Boston, MA) in September 2016.

Interview

A manager takes you to the back office and asks questions regarding your previous experiences, why you're interested in the role, what hours you can work. It's quite obvious that they have low expectations as none of these processes relate to past retail experience.

Interview Questions

• How will you encourage TJ Maxx Rewards Card applications?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for TJ Maxx

Retail Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at TJ Maxx in October 2014.

Interview

Interviewed with the main manager of the store. Simple questions and short answers. Took me 25 minutes to spoke with her. Very peacefull and following a format. She spoke a little bit about the background of the Company as an introduction.

Interview Questions

• Do you know anything about TJ Maxx?
      Do you shop in the store?
      What kind of experience do you have on retail business?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Houston, TX).

Interview

The interview process was fair and easy. Questions dealt with your past experiences and scenarios in how you would handle a customer if such and such happened. There is no pressure during the interview process.

Anonymous Employee in Lagrange, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Lagrange, GA) in July 2013.

Interview

the interview was in one room at our local Dept of labor and various people were doing mass interviews for two days with associates from up and running TJ Maxx stores.

Interview Questions

• nothing out of ordinary, asked what weaknesses and strengths were, also asked when I had a situation with upset customer and how I handled it   Answer Question

Negotiation

no opportunity

Retail Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TJ Maxx in May 2008.

Interview

Guy just went through all the bad things about working in the store and than gauged how I responded. aka, you won't get paid much, you won't get many hours, you'll have to work nights and weekends, etc. He was so negative I thought there was no way I would get the job, I was wrong they hire me.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work nights and weekends?   1 Answer

Negotiation