TJ Maxx Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TJ Maxx Sales Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at TJ Maxx

1.8

Sale Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at TJ Maxx.

Interview

I called the store and asked if they they were hiring and came in two days after for the group interview .The interview was about an 1hr They showed us around the place and asked us interview questions
It took 4 days for them to call me.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for TJ Maxx

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Fayetteville, GA).

Interview

Seasonal: group interviews. They asked basic interview questions. Nothing hard at all. They were mainly looking for personality. People persons. Approachable. Be yourself. Don't overdo it. Might come across very fake or like you are trying too hard. Be personable,honest, and genuine.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Printed out an application . Asked to speak to the manager and gave him the application . They called me back in about 3 days for an interview . Got an offer the next day.

Interview Questions

• What does customer service mean to you ?
      And questions about your past experiences   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TJ Maxx in September 2017.

Interview

The interview was about 30-35 minutes and we talked about all the different scenarios that can occur in a work environment and how I would handle them. Like times available as well.

Interview Questions

• What do you think about teamwork?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Chicago, IL) in January 2013.

Interview

Easy< fast paced group interview . We sat down in a room where refreshment were provided. I was not thee only person wearing all white which was nice, the interview lasted appx 3 hours.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a shoplifting situation?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Columbia, TN) in December 2016.

Interview

I went in and spoke with a floor manager (at the time). He asked about my job history, personal history, etc. He asked me questions like "why should we hire you?" And "what makes you qualified for this position?". It was a fairly normal interview process.

Anonymous Employee in Farmington Hills, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Farmington Hills, MI) in August 2017.

Interview

Everyone is very nice and very welcoming you may interview with a few people. They will layout everything that you are responsible for and your hourly rate at the end of the interview. they will begin training and putting you on the schedule as soon as they want to hire you bring I'd and SSN card with you.

Interview Questions

• I was asked how am I in a group environment and I thought that was odd because you rarely work with someone.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Cincinnati, OH) in May 2014.

Interview

The whole process took about 3-4 days and was very simple. The interview was about 4 questions which were mostly behavioral. Very simple and overall smooth process. The interview was very casual. After discussing the questions my interviewer asked, we mostly talked about previous retail experiences we both had encountered.

Interview Questions

• What does customer service mean to you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in El Cajon, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (El Cajon, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

I went on a hiring day and filled out an application in person, and then interviewed on the spot. The interview was very casual, and I fidgeted with my keys the entire time but it wasn't a problem. The manager was talking on her radio sometimes, but it made me a bit more comfortable that all her attention wasn't on me. Overall really casual, fast process.

Interview Questions

• What does Teamwork mean to you?   1 Answer
    • Are you comfortable selling our cards to anyone? Even people buying a pair of socks?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Bellevue, WA) in May 2015.

Interview

Super easy, for a part time job there were no real questions. Walked in and asked about the position, filled out some paperwork, and got interviewed by several of the managers there. Questions were very basic.

Interview Questions

• "Why do you want this job?"   1 Answer