TJ Maxx Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TJ Maxx Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jun 14, 2017

1.8

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at TJ Maxx.

Interview

It was too easy. You are talking about your daily routines or easy things . You should just calm down. It was my first interview so I was little nervous.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for TJ Maxx

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TJ Maxx.

Interview

The interview went really smooth, it was quick too! Maybe lasted about 10 minutes, the manager asked a few questions and then talked about how many hours you could work.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a customer complaining about something?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at TJ Maxx.

Interview

Interview was in person; professional but also lax, it was one on one with the hiring manager. The whole process took about a week and I received an offer on the spot essentially.

Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Albuquerque, NM).

Interview

I went to a job fair because the store was just beginning to open and they had us fill out a paper application and got interviewed on the spot with all of the managers of the store.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

Behavioral interview, asked questions about my personality, asked how I worked with other people. Overall, the interview was extremely conversational and I felt relaxed throughout the entire process. The hiring manager made me feel at ease and could tell that this was my first time applying to a job. They aren't looking for super competent people, just people who are willing to work and are looking for hours.

Anonymous Employee in Bend, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Bend, OR) in October 2016.

Interview

- I Submitted a T.J. Maxx application form in the Bend, OR store
    - I asked to speak with a manager
    - I attended a casual interview wearing smart/casual clothing
    - I answered a few basic questions during the interview
    - From talking with the managers, it is important that staff have relatively flexible schedules
    - I believe that past retail experience is preferred, but not essential

Interview Questions

• So, you have past retail experience?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Ask questions! For example: if hired, what would a typical day look like? Pay? Hours?

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at TJ Maxx in September 2016.

Interview

I applied on a Tuesday and got a call the same day to interview on the upcoming Thursday. It was a group interview with just one other girl. The questions were basic interview questions but the interviewer seemed to pay more attention to the other girl becuase they had a mutual friend. The interviewer was very to the point and serious which didn't help my nervousness.

Anonymous Employee in Humble, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Humble, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

it was a group interview but not that many questions were asked maybe 2 or 3 they pretty much had it in their that we were going to be hired.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TJ Maxx.

Interview

Group interviews. Answer interview questions with no specific order just whomever answers first. Interview included two managers. One was a sales floor manager and the other was a operation manager.

Interview Questions

• What is the main agenda for tj maxx?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Burlington, NC) in August 2016.

Interview

interview had 4/5 people in a room in a circle form and questions were asked to all. it was a good calm interview. Manager was really good and made sure that we were comfortable and not nervous.

Interview Questions

• What is the main reason you would like to work for this company?   1 Answer