TJ Maxx Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 17, 2018

1.8

212 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at TJ Maxx.

Interview

Interviewing process was very laid back. The store manager could be described as professional, honest and most of all understanding. Being that this is a college town, they usually dont have any issues with adjusting availability.

Interview Questions

• Whats your availability?
    How would you describe customer service?
    How would you handle an angry customer and etc...?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for TJ Maxx

Anonymous Employee in Morgan Hill, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Morgan Hill, CA).

Interview

In person interview. Felt more like a regular conversation then an interview. Staff/ management were very friendly and welcoming. Went through a lot of paperwork and watched quite a few videos during the training process

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself/ experience in customer service/ retail   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

Went to the managers office and discussed questions that were asked.
    Discuesed behvairal type questions, like when this happened what did you do etc etc etc. Very causal and laid back, the manager didn't put a huge pressure on me .

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn Hills, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Auburn Hills, MI) in November 2017.

Interview

Unorganized and Dry. The manager was nitpicking with staff as I waited and was already talking to me with an air of condescension. The staff looks so unhappy and unmotivated. I'll pass.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Quick interview, it only lasted about 30 or so minutes. They were very friendly, and the questions were not too difficult to answer. Overall it was a good experience.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at TJ Maxx.

Interview

The hiring and interview process was very basic. I submitted my application and a few days later, received a call to the store for an in person interview, in which they asked me a few basic questions about myself, and how I might handle myself in some different situations.

Interview Questions

• If I were to ask (referrer's name) about you, what do you think he/she would say?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TJ Maxx.

Interview

I was called into a group interview with about five other people. It was a fast-paced process and one must try to answer questions before any other member of the group answered. However, I was very young when I took this interview, and it was my first job interview.

Interview Questions

• Explain to me about a time when you and a friend had an argument. How did you work it out?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at TJ Maxx.

Interview

Basic interview. 1 on 1. Explained the position and asked normal interview questions. What are your strengths, what experience do you have, etc. The hiring manager was very relaxed. Not a stressful interview process.

Anonymous Employee in Corona, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Corona, CA).

Interview

I applied on a Sunday night they called the next day in the morning, asked me to come in for an interview that Wednesday. They called a couple days later asking me to go in one more time to meet with the store manager, after I met with her a few days after they offered me th position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Chicago, IL) in October 2017.

Interview

I used the opportunity while I was shopping in the store and filled an application. Since I was unemployed and desperately needed a job, I went to days after to ask for possible interview. I talked to store manager and he was able to interview me. Since I was qualified for the job, they called me back two days later with an offer to start part time job there.