TJ Maxx Seasonal Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TJ Maxx Seasonal Sales Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at TJ Maxx

1.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waldorf, MD

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Waldorf, MD) in October 2014.

Interview

In-person interview around Halloween for holiday season. Interviewer immediately told me I was overqualified, but continued the interview. The interviewer seemed really disinterested about anything I had to say and was informal. Frankly, the interviewer's behavior was unprofessional. The hourly wage was a complete joke and the hours were non-existent. The interviewer seemed really interested and asked me to come in to prepare payroll forms, but I never heard back despite calling about 4 more times following the interview.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for TJ Maxx

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at TJ Maxx in November 2015.

Interview

I walked in and signed up for the position. They called me the same day for a interview. It was the next day I had an interview. It went quick and didn't get asked many questions. Since this was my first job interview I'm not sure if it was hard. I got hired after couple questions even though i was nervous. Overall, It wasn't that bad just make sure you know basic interview questions.

Anonymous Employee in Webster, NY

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Webster, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

I filled out an interest online and scheduled an interview when called back the next day. I went in for the interview where they had me fill out a real application and then I went back for the interview. The manager was so nice and made me feel comfortable. I was made an offer conditionally as long as my references and background check cleared

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Indianapolis, IN) in November 2017.

Interview

Applied online, was called within 48 hours to schedule an in-person interview. Aside from having to wait on hold for quite awhile to get ahold of the MOD (Manager on Duty) to follow up*, process was efficient and timely.
    *To be fair, the store I interviewed with is incredibly busy and the MOD is often being pulled in multiple directions at any given time.

Interview Questions

• What does exceptional customer service look like to you? How have you demonstrated exceptional customer service in previous positions?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Conway, AR

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Conway, AR) in October 2016.

Interview

Screening interview with Assistant Mgr then final interview with Store Mgr about a week apart. Interview is short, typical for part time help. Store Mgr was informative and professional.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, your work history and why did you apply with TJMaxx?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (New York, NY).

Interview

Went in and they had a little table set up where I filled out an application. The manager was around and waited for me to finish to talk to me. At the end of the "interview" which took only a few minutes she said that I had a job.