TJ Maxx Store Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TJ Maxx Store Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at TJ Maxx

2.2

Store Associate Interview

Interview

Relaxed environment with a group interview. Relevant questions asked and had a quick response time during the whole process. They were very helpful and allowed for good opportunities. They asked individual questions to the group

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for TJ Maxx

Anonymous Employee in Corvallis, OR

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Corvallis, OR) in June 2018.

Interview

Dropped off my resume and application to TJ Maxx. I had to go back several times to ask to speak to a manager and only on the third time was able to. Spoke with the manager directly. About a week later got a call for an interview. The interview was very simple and comfortable and the next day I got called and offered the job.

Anonymous Employee in Placerville, CA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Placerville, CA).

Interview

First time I applied, it was online and I never heard a word, however when I applied with the paper applications at the front door and turned it in to someone up front, I received a call after a few days for an interview. I was asked basic questions about any experience I have, how I would handle certain situations and where I think I would fit best in the store and be the most productive. From there, I was given a second interview with the assistant manager and she asked similar questions which seemed a bit redundant but she offered me a position on the spot and orientation was three weeks later, I started the next day after orientation.

Interview Questions

• Where would you be the most productive in the store?   2 Answers
    • How would you assist a customer with questions about a department you do not work in?   Answer Question

Negotiation

None

Anonymous Employee in Marquette, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Marquette, MI) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview was short and brief, they seemed very to the point and sincere. I walked in to the store and applied in person and they asked me to come back the next day for an interview, I came in the next day and interviewed and she called me later the next day to offer me the job.

Interview Questions

• What makes you want to work here? Do you prefer working alone or in a team setting?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Atlanta, GA) in April 2015.

Interview

interview one was okay just asked about prior job. If you get a call back for the second make sure your answers from the first interview match the second. other than that just relax be confident and have an outgoing attitude.

Interview Questions

• How do You handle a customer's complaint about an item that is broken prior to returning the item?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Pittsburgh, PA) in April 2014.

Interview

I walked into an office, sat down with the manager to review my application. (He basically just read off what i had written down) He asked me basic information about interests. Then i was hired.

Anonymous Employee in Roswell, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Roswell, GA) in November 2009.

Interview

An application is filled and if they are in need of people they will call for an interview. For the interview process they ask of past experience and ask to answer situation based questions. Then will be asked to fill out more paperwork followed by a lecture on store policies and rules. Then watch videos of how to work certain departments as well s get a tour of the store.

Negotiation

You get hired, there really is no negotiation phase. Starting pay is minimum wage and that is it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cartersville, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Cartersville, GA) in April 2019.

Interview

Applied online. They called me to schedule an in person interview a few days later. Typical questions. Although I marked on my application I was applying seasonally, she ended the interview earlier when I told her I would only work with her seasonally and they were looking for someone full time. I wish they had not called me for an interview and looked at my application more throughly.

Interview Questions

• What would *insert person on your reference list* say about you?   Answer Question