TJ Maxx Store Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TJ Maxx Store Manager Interview Questions

3.4

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at TJ Maxx in June 2014.

Interview

Usually, screened by one or more current store managers to get a feel for the position and company culture and to review qualifications for the position if Store Manager(s) feel you maybe a good match you are than interviewed by a district manager. You must past a back ground check. No skill or drug testing is required.

Interview Questions

• Behavior based leadership questions. Tell me about... a reward structure or incentive that you established to accomplish a goal. How effective was it? Describe how you organize your day?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for TJ Maxx

Store Manager Interview

Application

I interviewed at TJ Maxx in May 2012.

Interview

interview with district manager regional staff

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (New York, NY) in April 2010.

Interview

Meeting at a job agency for a mass hire event. Then a 1 on 1 and then an offer was made.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Was able to negotiate easly.

Anonymous Employee in Phila, PA

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Phila, PA) in December 2007.

Interview

I brought my resume to the District office and followed up with a phone call. I recieved a call from the DM to interview. I met with the DM twice and the RM once. I continued to follow up over the phone through the process, and was ultimately offered a position.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with unexpected business events? CAn you give me an example?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The DM asked what I needed as far as salary, and they were able to come in at that. They did say that it was more than they usually paid.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TJ Maxx.

Interview

Interview first with a current store manager. If you past that test then an interview with the current District Manager. Reference checks from two are a must and if you are currently employed before they make an offer they have to contact your current employer.

Interview Questions

• How many people have you developed to store management   Answer Question

Negotiation

They started off with a very fair salary.