TJ Maxx Store Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 12, 2017

3.2

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TJ Maxx in May 2017.

Interview

Typical behavioral based retail questions. The first interview was with a recruiter. She was very nice, cordial easy to speak with. I was passed on to the next level of interviews but declined. Something just felt off with the communication between their recruiting and field management team. I live in another state and they didn't pass that info on to their DM. I got an email from him to his recruiters wondering why we couldn't meet face to face. That type of information was pretty pertinent. Unfortunately, I had to cancel my interview because my wife went into labor. They wanted to reschedule for another day, but the only day they could do it was the day I was moving out of state, picking up family from the airport and taking my newborn in for his checkup. before we left. Pretty set appointments that I just couldn't change. She seemed a little put off that I wasn't able to do it that day. I literally could have done it at any other time on any other day. She told me that I could get a hold of my recruiter when I was settled. Her vibe just came off for lack of a better word, weird. It just didn't feel right so I withdrew. I believe that jobs go both ways. They should appreciate what you bring to the table, and you should appreciate that they are giving you an opportunity to grow with their organization. And that is not how it came across.

Interview Questions

• How do you motivate your team? Tell me about a time you worked with an under performer.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for TJ Maxx

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at TJ Maxx in June 2014.

Interview

Usually, screened by one or more current store managers to get a feel for the position and company culture and to review qualifications for the position if Store Manager(s) feel you maybe a good match you are than interviewed by a district manager. You must past a back ground check. No skill or drug testing is required.

Interview Questions

• Behavior based leadership questions. Tell me about... a reward structure or incentive that you established to accomplish a goal. How effective was it? Describe how you organize your day?   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Application

I interviewed at TJ Maxx in May 2012.

Interview

interview with district manager regional staff

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (New York, NY) in April 2010.

Interview

Meeting at a job agency for a mass hire event. Then a 1 on 1 and then an offer was made.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Was able to negotiate easly.

Anonymous Employee in Phila, PA

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at TJ Maxx (Phila, PA) in December 2007.

Interview

I brought my resume to the District office and followed up with a phone call. I recieved a call from the DM to interview. I met with the DM twice and the RM once. I continued to follow up over the phone through the process, and was ultimately offered a position.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with unexpected business events? CAn you give me an example?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The DM asked what I needed as far as salary, and they were able to come in at that. They did say that it was more than they usually paid.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TJ Maxx.

Interview

Interview first with a current store manager. If you past that test then an interview with the current District Manager. Reference checks from two are a must and if you are currently employed before they make an offer they have to contact your current employer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They started off with a very fair salary.