TJX Companies Interview Questions in Framingham, MA | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 17, 2017

3.1

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at TJX Companies (Framingham, MA).

Interview

Applied online and had a short initial call with the recruiter to discuss role and background, then was invited for on-campus interview. Interviewed with 4 different people on the team. The recruiter was extremely late every single time we were scheduled to speak. They were also terrible with communication and would never email me or even respond to my emails, unless I would send reminder emails. I don't even know how the recruiter can keep their job. And the campus looked awful and dated, and not like a place you would want to work at. Some of the people I interacted with during the interview day were sweet and kind, but others were very socially awkward and cold.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral questions and questions about current role and why the move   Answer Question

Sales Audit Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TJX Companies (Framingham, MA).

Interview

laid back phone screen with HR then meet with supervisor manager and manager of. of the department. Was there about 3 hours meeting with the different people. very laid back setting

Interview Questions

• talk about school projects that will help you in real life?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at TJX Companies (Framingham, MA).

Interview

I was referred by an employee and had a phone interview first. I was then asked to interview at the HQ in Framingham. I met with three different managers who would manage my group of MA's. The interview lasted about 40 minutes.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to go through my resume and my strengths   Answer Question
    • I was asked why I wanted to work as a Merchandise Assistant and what I knew about the role   Answer Question

Merchandising Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at TJX Companies (Framingham, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

Lengthy - generic . Required to complete a worksheet for allocating a specific piece of merchandise, followed by a group discussion to show how well you do working as a team

Interview Questions

• Behavioral and standard: "recall a time you were challenged"   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TJX Companies (Framingham, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter to complete a Hirevue digital interview. A few weeks later I was called for an in person interview which I completed a few days after the phone call. The interview began with 30 minutes with someone from HR reviewing the position and benefits, then 30 minutes with a Merchandise Supervisor accompanied by a Merchandise Assistant to observe and finally, another 30 minutes with a Senior Merchandise Supervisor.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TJX Companies (Framingham, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied for MDP but apparently wasn't qualified. Recruiter asked me to apply to be an MA so I did and had a hirevue interview within a couple days. About a week later was asked to come in to the office for an interview. All questions were situational and they never once asked about my experience and why I'd be a good candidate. I just don't understand how they can decide if I'd be a good fit from asking the same questions over and over just worded differently.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a challenge or conflict you encountered at work and how you handled it   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at TJX Companies (Framingham, MA) in July 2016.

Interview

I met with two different Merchandise Supervisors -- it felt relaxed and it was easy talking to each individual. They both asked me a number of questions, mostly situation-based. I was able to ask my own questions that I had regarding the position/company.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you used logic to handle a situation.   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TJX Companies (Framingham, MA) in June 2016.

Interview

After submitting my application I was called to schedule an in by phone as a first step. They were super nice and made me comfortable and asked all of the typical background questions one would expect from a phone interview.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle rude/upset customers?   1 Answer

Store Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at TJX Companies (Framingham, MA) in April 2016.

Interview

I interviewed for two positions (Merchandising and HomeGoods Store Operations)

Steps:
    1) Hirevue webcam interview that takes no more than 20 minutes. Pretty standard questions with one math-related one thrown in the mix (wasn't hard).

2) Invited to home office in Framingham where there were 3 30 minute interviews with recruiters (for merchandising position). For store ops, met with one of the AVP and had an informal chat about the role/my background.

3) Offered the position about 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time where you disagreed with someone and how you hashed out your differences.   Answer Question

Buying Interview

Anonymous Employee in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at TJX Companies (Framingham, MA).

Interview

Not too difficult, you start with a hireview, then move on to a case interview on campus, then finally you got to Framingham for the final round Superday. Hireview is a prerecorded interview, it's really awkward but no one comes out of that stage of the interview feeling great; It's just awkward. The questions are all behavioral, pretty straight forward. The case interview is just being able to use critical thinking skills and talk in a group. The final round is back to back behavioral interviews and they give lunch! The people at TJX are very nice and want you to succeed.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Why would you be a good fit here?   Answer Question