TJX Companies Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 19, 2017

3.3

11 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at TJX Companies.

Interview

They were very inviting and informational and they were professional and pleasant. Did an online video chat, the group interview, then we went and then they invited me to the headquarters and talked to individual people for about 30 min each. Heard back a week or so later.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for TJX Companies

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TJX Companies (Framingham, MA).

Interview

Applied online through my university, recorded video interview of 9 behavioral questions, then a group interview exercise where you look at data and allocate jackets to different stores- it was easy but make sure to speak up during the discussion, and was then invited to the home office last round interviews where you do three 20 minute interviews. most questions were behavioral. its important to highlight your leadership abilities. it was a lot of work for not that great of pay

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at TJX Companies (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Very confusing, but applied online through college. Did a HireVue interview, then group discussions, and waiting on interviews at corporate offices. I did like the online webcam interview, however I thought it was hard to focus on the question because I could see myself on the camera.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at TJX Companies (Framingham, MA) in March 2015.

Interview

One-way interview process. They had questions written on the side, and you had 30 seconds to think before the recording came on and you had 3 minutes to talk through to the camera. 9 questions total. I had a bad internet connection and three of mine did not record properly, so I contacted the company, who contacted TJX. The recruiter called me to make-up the last three questions, and then offered me an final round interview at their headquarters.

Interview Questions

• Explain why you would be a good fit for the Merchandising Development Program? What about the program interests you?   Answer Question
    • What are your career goals? Where do you see yourself working?   Answer Question

Application

Interview

They were very friendly to me when I was applying. The interview process was smooth and went very well. I felt like they had a lot of respect for me, and they made the career path very clear should they get a job

Interview Questions

• What is one experience you have had in data processing?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TJX Companies (Syracuse, NY) in December 2014.

Interview

The interview process was quick and transparent. The recruiters did a great job explaining what the position offerered and how it was different than other opportunities. They also explained the company culture and environment exactly how it actually is. There were no surprises during the interview process and the third round office tours were extremely helpful in seeing the office space and other workers.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that there was no right or wrong answer   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TJX Companies.

Interview

There are 3 interviews. I am currently on my first interview process which was a virtual interview on HireVue. I'm waiting for a response, it has been 2 weeks. The second round is a group work analysis case and the third round is going to the HQ and getting interviewed by more recruiters.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at TJX Companies (Framingham, MA).

Interview

video interview, group project, then multiple interviews at Framingham headquarters

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TJX Companies (Framingham, MA) in November 2012.

Interview

Lengthy hiring process. First submitted online application and was directed to an online test. Then I had to complete a skype recorded interview online where questions appeared on the screen and you had to answer them immediately. Following, selected candidates from my school went to an in person group interview where we completed a case individually and in a group. The finalists were selected for a half day in Boston consisting of a tour of the office and 5 30 minute interviews. The interview process was lengthy and exhausting, but interviewers commonly repeated questions

Interview Questions

Had another internship offer with better benefits. TJx offers free housing by HQ to interns but no transportation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at TJX Companies (Framingham, MA) in March 2011.

Interview

I applied online in February. I was contact for a 1:1 interview at my school. After the interview I was told I would hear back within two weeks and I did.

Interview Questions

• When have you had to work with numbers?   Answer Question
    • If I were to ask your manager what your strength and weaknesses are what would he/she respond?   Answer Question