TJX Companies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TJX Companies Interview Questions

Updated Nov 13, 2017

2.7

Merchandising Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at TJX Companies.

Interview

I connected with a recruiter at a information session for a club on campus. Applied online and did a video interview. After that there was a group interview. We were given a merchandising problem to make recommendations for and after 15 minutes, discussed the problem together while interviewers made notes. I was called back for another interview on campus. It was 3, 15 minute interviews with 3 different recruiters. They all asked different questions. Didn't get an offer but did enjoy the process.

Interview Questions

• Entirely STAR questions.
      How did you handle a situation where you and a colleague had differing opinions on the best solution to a problem?
      Describe a particularly difficult challenge you faced and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at TJX Companies (Framingham, MA).

Interview

Very long process took about 3 months. Started with Hirevue online video interview then went for in- person interviews. There was 3 separate 30 minute interviews with different recruiters. Everyone at the Home Office visit was very inviting and informational

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you have failed? How did you overcome this   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TJX Companies.

Interview

I applied through my college jobs posting and then got an email from the company to complete both an exam and a hire vue recorder interview. You had like 3 minutes to answer a bunch of questions and then a case study

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at TJX Companies (New York, NY).

Interview

First was a phone interview with a recruiter. She was 5 minutes late. Told me about the company and set up a second phone interview with another recruiter. Didn't get confirmation until that day of the phone interview. She called 15 minutes late. I found that to be very inconsiderate and unprofessional. At the end she said she was going to set up an in person interview with the District Manager. Never heard back. Very disappointing. At least an email should have been sent if they were not interested.

Interview Questions

• Are you more operationally driven or merchandising driven?   Answer Question

Recruiting Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at TJX Companies.

Interview

Initial interaction with Recruiter was positive with regular follow up, both on phone and face to face. Formal interview involved meeting with 3 Sr. Level managers - all who asked very scripted, outdated interview questions. Disappointing to not hear anything back post-interview (positive or negative) from any parties involved.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at TJX Companies (Framingham, MA) in October 2017.

Interview

Met the recruiter at Campus job fair. After applying, received an email for a HireVue interview as well as a personality test. After that invited to be flown to HQ for a group allocation assessment as well as 3 interviews.

Interview Questions

• With a chart given, choose 3 stores to allocate 60 jackets to based on data from the chart.   Answer Question

Loss Prevention Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TJX Companies (Memphis, TN) in October 2017.

Interview

Interview was conducted via phone. Interviewer asked about previous experiences and motivations. Did not dig too deep into work history beyond supervisory experience. The expectations of the job were discussed briefly.

Interview Questions

• From your experience, what makes you seek this position?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at TJX Companies.

Interview

They were very inviting and informational and they were professional and pleasant. Did an online video chat, the group interview, then we went and then they invited me to the headquarters and talked to individual people for about 30 min each. Heard back a week or so later.

Allocation Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TJX Companies in September 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Got an email including an online personality test with a few math questions. Then a HireVue video interview where they ask you multiple questions at once with 30 seconds to prepare and only 3 minutes to answer.

Interview Questions

• Why TJX? What does an Allocation analyst do? describe a time when you had to answer a difficult problem? you have 42 large sweaters, there is a small to large ratio of 3:7, how many small sweaters are there?   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Georgetown, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at TJX Companies (Georgetown, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

I had stopped in to pick up an application and discovered a an on-site hireing event was about to begin. The interview, after filling out an application, consisted of a series of standard questions. I felt the interview was quite easy and they had few criteria in who would be accepted as long as you are available and committed to working. I was interested in a merchandise coordinator position but was only hired on as a seasonal temp.