TJX Companies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Merchandising Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at TJX Companies (Framingham, MA) in March 2018.

Interview

Initially I had to complete an online interview that was all virtual with recorded responses. The next step in the process was an on-site assessment day where we did an individual and group allocation exercise. Following these were 4 individual behavioral based interviews.

Interview Questions

• Why TJX?   Answer Question
    • What is the thing you're most proud of   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you disagreed with your supervisor and how you overcame the conflict.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TJX Companies (Dallas, TX) in March 2014.

Interview

General questions concerning leadership and why you would choose working for TJX. What are your strongest leadership qualities?

Interview Questions

• What would you do if given a position in which you have no retail experience in?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Offer was to a final interview.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at TJX Companies (Dallas, TX) in August 2010.

Interview

You will be contacted by the district secretary to set up an interview. You will be given a preliminary interview by a store manager, but not necessarily the one you will be working with. They will ask you about your past experience, your reasons for wanting to work for the company, and your knowledge of the company. There are no real set questions, so the length of the interview depends of the interviewing style of the manager. After they give their recommendations to the district manager, if they decide in your favor, you will be asked to go into a second interview with the district manager. He will then again ask you a series of questions that may or may not be the same as the ones asked by the store manager. Keep in mind, that the ORDER of these two interviews could be reversed. The amount of time you will then wait for a response will then depend on the urgency of filling the position.

Interview Questions

• Why do you feel that this would be the right move for you?( I was wanting to transfer divisions)   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at TJX Companies.

Interview

They came to my campus career fair and asked me if I wanted an interview with them the next day at my campus. I took the interview it went well, after that I never heard back from them, nothing.

Interview Questions

• What would make you a better manager than other managers?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at TJX Companies (Brooklyn, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter followed by in person interview with District Manager. Background check and then offer. Very simple process. Not much more I can add to the process

Interview Questions

• Are you an Operator or a Merchant?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at TJX Companies (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2016.

Interview

This was a phone interview with the TA in Boston.
    Fantastic interview and wonderful and professional TA. This interview came about when the local recruiting person for my area did not respond to direct emails. She apologized for the local recruiter and set up our interview. I commend this TA for her above and beyond service!!
    It ended with she would check with the District Manager for any possible openings. Unfortunately no positions were open in my area. 10 minutes after the phone interview the TA called back with a job offer. All expenses paid. I really have to commend the effort of this TA. I turned down the offer because it was in another state and I was only interested in finding a job here!
    There ARE some wonderful TA managers out there!

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TJX Companies (New York, NY) in February 2013.

Interview

Met a store manager for a brief interview. Later met a district manager who made the hire.
    Was put in to their paid training program which should have lasted longer than a few months.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TJX Companies.

Interview

It was a very pleasent interview overall. More of a behavioral character but more guided towards company situations. Interviewer wa super nice and attentive. Made me feel very confortable while answering her questions. Interviewer answered all questions I askes as well. Specific questions towards real life situations that can relate to the job performed.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at TJX Companies in October 2017.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter over 3 months ago. 3 interviews took place over a 2 month period. All were conducted over the phone with a 4th interview taking place with the store manager at the store. All of these interviews were scheduled through a recruiter on the east coast. Online application was filled out, reference checks verified by a 3rd party company and a background check was executed all prior to an offer which I thought was really odd. I was contacted by the recruiter just over 2 months into the process about the possibility of working in another location that may be able to provide the salary I was looking for as it was higher volume. The recruiter stated that she would contact me no later than the following week. I have never heard back from her again. I have reached out several times via phone & email to no avail. I have also reached out directly to the DM that oversees the district and conducted my 3rd interview and also, no response.

I find this behavior very unprofessional and a huge disservice to your company. I was recruited by TJX Companies and was sold on your brand and values throughout this lengthy process only to be completely disappointed by the lack of integrity and professionalism. Why waste a candidates time? I find it hard to believe that it’s that difficult to pick up the phone or send an email to a candidate that has invested over 3 months of their valuable time and was led to believe there was an offer pending. If this is any indication of employment with TJX Companies I am relieved to have found out at this juncture!

Interview Questions

• Scenario & situational questions — so be prepared to share in detail.

Management style

Experience   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at TJX Companies in January 2017.

Interview

After completing the application, got an email back from TJX saying I need to complete a HireVue video interview. It was mostly behavioral, gave me a minute to prepare for each question, and lasted about 45 minutes total. I heard back from them after another few weeks saying that they want to move me forward with the process, but that I need to wait a couple of months until they get settled to do the final interview. I heard back from my recruiter after a month saying a region opened up, and that if I am willing to relocate to that area, they would like to schedule me for the final interview with a district manager. The recruiter was very friendly, genuine, and made sure to keep me updated! but it was definitely a long process.. I finished my final interview with the district manager a few weeks ago, but still haven't heard back, even though they said that they would let me know if I made it or not within a week.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at TJX Companies.

Interview

They hire everyone, doesn't really matter- as long as you get called in for the interview you have essentialy got the job. Ask you a few questions about previous work experience- but they hire a lot of people on as their first job