TJX Companies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 17, 2018

2.7

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huntington Beach, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TJX Companies (Huntington Beach, CA).

Interview

I had an interview with the hiring manager and it went really smoothly. I was nervous at first but it ended up not being that bad. It lasted about 30 minutes to 45 minutes or so.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at TJX Companies (Tulsa, OK) in December 2017.

Interview

The interview process was pretty straightforward, but customer service was a big key point. I was asked if i had any experience in customer service before. Another question was if I thought team work was important and why.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TJX Companies.

Interview

Started with virtual interview and online personality assessment; next step was an on-campus group data analysis exercise; final step was a 3-part interview conducted in person on my college campus.

Interview Questions

• What do you think makes you a good candidate for this position?   Answer Question

Merchandising Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at TJX Companies.

Interview

I connected with a recruiter at a information session for a club on campus. Applied online and did a video interview. After that there was a group interview. We were given a merchandising problem to make recommendations for and after 15 minutes, discussed the problem together while interviewers made notes. I was called back for another interview on campus. It was 3, 15 minute interviews with 3 different recruiters. They all asked different questions. Didn't get an offer but did enjoy the process.

Interview Questions

• Entirely STAR questions.
      How did you handle a situation where you and a colleague had differing opinions on the best solution to a problem?
      Describe a particularly difficult challenge you faced and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Merchandising Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TJX Companies (Framingham, MA) in November 2017.

Interview

a hirevue interview, followed by a five hour long day at headquarters. There was an allocation activity followed by three rounds of interviews by recruiters. Tbh i felt confident about this I'm surprised I was rejected.

Interview Questions

• behavioral questions.
      Why TJX
      what risks have you taken
      what is your biggest accomplishment
      a time your work was criticized   Answer Question

Merchandising Interview

Anonymous Employee in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at TJX Companies (Framingham, MA).

Interview

Very long process took about 3 months. Started with Hirevue online video interview then went for in- person interviews. There was 3 separate 30 minute interviews with different recruiters. Everyone at the Home Office visit was very inviting and informational

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you have failed? How did you overcome this   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TJX Companies.

Interview

I applied through my college jobs posting and then got an email from the company to complete both an exam and a hire vue recorder interview. You had like 3 minutes to answer a bunch of questions and then a case study

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at TJX Companies (New York, NY).

Interview

First was a phone interview with a recruiter. She was 5 minutes late. Told me about the company and set up a second phone interview with another recruiter. Didn't get confirmation until that day of the phone interview. She called 15 minutes late. I found that to be very inconsiderate and unprofessional. At the end she said she was going to set up an in person interview with the District Manager. Never heard back. Very disappointing. At least an email should have been sent if they were not interested.

Interview Questions

• Are you more operationally driven or merchandising driven?   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at TJX Companies in October 2017.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter over 3 months ago. 3 interviews took place over a 2 month period. All were conducted over the phone with a 4th interview taking place with the store manager at the store. All of these interviews were scheduled through a recruiter on the east coast. Online application was filled out, reference checks verified by a 3rd party company and a background check was executed all prior to an offer which I thought was really odd. I was contacted by the recruiter just over 2 months into the process about the possibility of working in another location that may be able to provide the salary I was looking for as it was higher volume. The recruiter stated that she would contact me no later than the following week. I have never heard back from her again. I have reached out several times via phone & email to no avail. I have also reached out directly to the DM that oversees the district and conducted my 3rd interview and also, no response.

I find this behavior very unprofessional and a huge disservice to your company. I was recruited by TJX Companies and was sold on your brand and values throughout this lengthy process only to be completely disappointed by the lack of integrity and professionalism. Why waste a candidates time? I find it hard to believe that it’s that difficult to pick up the phone or send an email to a candidate that has invested over 3 months of their valuable time and was led to believe there was an offer pending. If this is any indication of employment with TJX Companies I am relieved to have found out at this juncture!

Interview Questions

• Scenario & situational questions — so be prepared to share in detail.

Management style

Experience   Answer Question

Recruiting Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at TJX Companies.

Interview

Initial interaction with Recruiter was positive with regular follow up, both on phone and face to face. Formal interview involved meeting with 3 Sr. Level managers - all who asked very scripted, outdated interview questions. Disappointing to not hear anything back post-interview (positive or negative) from any parties involved.