TJX Companies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 21, 2018

2.7

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at TJX Companies (Fresno, CA) in May 2018.

Interview

Applied online/Pre-screen phone interview/In person panel interview with DM, Loss Prevention and hiring Store Manager.
    Everyone I spoke to was very professional and friendly. The process from application to interview only took about a week and the interview was very informal but professional.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you helped someone reach the next level in his or her career path.   1 Answer

Anything Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at TJX Companies.

Interview

The interview was pretty brief. Mainly focused on making sure that I was okay with cultural diversity. I dont know what else to put... All I can say is best of luck! Hope you like it.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at TJX Companies (Framingham, MA) in April 2018.

Interview

I applied online in December and was requested for a phone screen in March. After the recruiter phone screen and hiring manager phone screen I was invited in for an in-person interview with 6 people, 30 minutes each. The time felt rushed and I wasn't able to get into detail about many examples.

They make all decisions by committee and are very heavy on meetings and keeping everyone aware of what you are working on at all times.

After the interview I never heard back from anyone, not even a form rejection email.

Interview Questions

• What do you do when a VP asks for a product enhancement but the budget and timeline have been set for the year.   Answer Question

Tjx Companies Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TJX Companies (Framingham, MA).

Interview

The negative reviews here are right - the recruiting process is awful and their rude talent acquisition department needs serious re-training. I received an email after applying that they were interested and to set up a phone call. We set up a call. I leave work, then sit around for 45 minutes waiting for the phone call. Doesn't happen. Recruiter replies to my follow up email hours later, and we reschedule the phone call. For the second phone call, I sit around waiting for over 20 minutes and still no call. Blown off twice. I'm not interested in working for a company that has zero respect for potential employees.

Interview Questions

• They didn't ask me any questions because they blew me off twice, despite having scheduled interviews.   1 Answer

Merchandise Allocation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at TJX Companies (Boston, MA).

Interview

Applied online through university. Online interview where you had to analyze data regarding merchandise allocation. Next was a group interview where you were given data and then as a team you had to come up with a decision, showing TJX if you work well in team settings. And finally three 30 minute interviews with employees. Really long process.

Operations Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TJX Companies in March 2018.

Interview

The interview process was pretty simple. I applied on February 23rd, received an email stating that they wanted me to do an online interview with Hirevue (you basically record yourself answering questions). Received another email from the HR personnel on March 9th that they wanted me to come in for an in-person interview. Went in for an in-person interview and the next day they asked for my references through an online system and then I received an informal offer letter and verbal offer over the phone the same day. Still waiting to hear back after accepting the internship though a week later after the offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had several problems going on and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

MDP Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at TJX Companies (Boston, MA) in March 2018.

Interview

hirevue, on campus case, HQ 3 interviews of 30 minutes each. Pretty long process. thought i bombed my first hirevue interview but somehow made it through. case was pretty easy. questioning at HQ was a little tougher

Store Leadership Pathway Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TJX Companies in March 2018.

Interview

I applied through my school and received and email 2 hours later about interviewing. There was a one-way online interview via hirevue. I was asked 8 questions and was given 30-60 seconds to prepare for each before recording my response.

Merchandising Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Penn State University, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at TJX Companies (Penn State University, PA) in March 2018.

Interview

recorded video interview, then a group activity interview where you do a case study essentially doing what you would do at the allocation analyst job, then you're asked back for 3 interviews with 3 people.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to use numbers to analyze a situation/   Answer Question

Merchandising Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at TJX Companies (Framingham, MA) in March 2018.

Interview

First is an online personality quiz (60 minute multiple choice). Then the interview process started with basic behavioral questions and some simple technical questions through HireVue (an online software that requires you to record yourself). Second round was an on-campus group interview where you and about 5 other people perform an allocation exercise for 30 minutes individually, then together as a group. Last round is interview day at their corporate headquarters in Framingham. The final round consisted of 3, 30-minute interviews with recruiters. These questions were all behavioral/culture fit.

Interview Questions

• Typical behavioral questions (a time you had to use data, a time your work was criticized, etc.)   Answer Question