TJX Companies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TJX Companies Interview Questions

Updated Feb 21, 2017

2.7

Merchandise Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at TJX Companies.

Interview

Had 1st interview through HireVue. Make sure you practice, practice, and practice A LOT before you tape the real one. Make sure you have the lighting good. And make sure the camera is not looking up your nose. The practice questions were NOT included in the real taping. Take a deep breath and you will do fine.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the position? How do you use Excel?   Answer Question

Sales Audit Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TJX Companies (Framingham, MA).

Interview

laid back phone screen with HR then meet with supervisor manager and manager of. of the department. Was there about 3 hours meeting with the different people. very laid back setting

Interview Questions

• talk about school projects that will help you in real life?   Answer Question

Merchandise Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at TJX Companies (Framingham, MA).

Interview

I was referred by an employee and had a phone interview first. I was then asked to interview at the HQ in Framingham. I met with three different managers who would manage my group of MA's. The interview lasted about 40 minutes.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to go through my resume and my strengths   Answer Question
    • I was asked why I wanted to work as a Merchandise Assistant and what I knew about the role   Answer Question

Merchandise Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at TJX Companies (New York, NY).

Interview

Interview was pretty easy and straightforward. Manager asked me generic questions about customer service and times when I demonstrated exceptional customer service. Especially around the holiday season, they mostly care about getting bodies through the door rather than hiring the best people for the job and industry.

Allocation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at TJX Companies (New York, NY).

Interview

Step 1: A virtual interview in which you are asked about six questions and have to record yourself answering.
    Step 2: A group interview in which you play the role of an Allocation Analyst. First you work out the problem on your own for 30 mins, then you confer with your group to come up with a final plan.
    Step 3: Three in-person interviews with three different recruiters back to back on campus.

Interview Questions

• Which brands do you like seeing in our stores and which brands would you like to see?   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at TJX Companies in December 2016.

Interview

Didn't even interview, was just offered the position from resume. They loved my masters and gave me the position and offered above average pay to ensure I would stay. Very easy.

Interview Questions

• None whatsoever, a recruiter put me in and they offered me the job immediately   Answer Question

Distribution Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TJX Companies (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Online interview, followed by an onsite visit. Brief tour of the facility but did not get to see much detail into day to day responsibility with the job. Interviewers were friendly and willing to help explain the job in further detail.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you had to resolve a conflict in the workplace.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at TJX Companies.

Interview

A paper application, in person interview with predetermined questions from corporate then reference checks. Interviwer will also ask you to share a little about yourself and your background. They provided details on training videos, flow of work, and company background.

Allocation Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at TJX Companies.

Interview

There were three interviews. One online, case, and behavioral. Overall the process moved pretty quickly. The case wasn't too hard and actually was kind of fun. Definitely enjoyed the process. Everyone was very nice and they really seem to care about their employees.

Interview Questions

• They ask you a couple mental math questions, but nothing too tricky! Know the company well. I got asked which product lines I would like to add to the store.   2 Answers

Merchandising Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at TJX Companies (Framingham, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

Lengthy - generic . Required to complete a worksheet for allocating a specific piece of merchandise, followed by a group discussion to show how well you do working as a team

Interview Questions

• Behavioral and standard: "recall a time you were challenged"   Answer Question