TJX Companies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TJX Companies Interview Questions

Updated Jul 21, 2017

2.7

463 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TJX Companies.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted about a week later via phone to schedule the in person interview. The interview itself was a short one-on-one in w/ store manager which was mostly a review of the job duties that were expected of me. They offered the job to me by via phone call a day later to schedule orientation training.

Consumer Insights Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TJX Companies.

Interview

I applied for an opening in Consumer Insights and was super excited when I got invited for an in-office interview. The interview was not a typical interview about getting to know me, my background, interest in the role etc. It started right off with very direct questions about my current work, asking for details about partners I use, how I work with them, how I conduct my work, processes, and so on. There was minimal time, if any, to ask questions about their needs and the role. I felt like they were looking to gain knowledge rather than interested in me. I was not surprised about not getting an offer as I had a weird feeling about this whole experience. Overall do not recommend.

Interview Questions

• They wanted to know everything about my current work and processes   Answer Question

IT Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marlborough, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at TJX Companies (Marlborough, MA) in June 2017.

Interview

Skipped the screening phone interview because the interviewing manager knew me. After conferring with other managers that I had previously worked with at TJX I was invited onsite for F2F interview with two managers (2 on 1 interview). Mostly shared project stories about TJX IT. Talked about project specifics that this role would address.

Interview Questions

• These guys ask questions about your experience operating in a large, matrixed organization. Thus, you'll need some stories about how you work/drive projects in such circumstances. The bigger the project, the better.   Answer Question

Executive Development Program Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TJX Companies.

Interview

The Interview was a video Interview. It consisted of multiple question with a break to answer. Standard work scenario situations. I did not receive any information after my interview although I tried contacting recruiters.

Interview Questions

• I cant not remember. Standard scenario questions.   1 Answer

Pathways Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at TJX Companies.

Interview

Horrible and very awkward i didnt get past the video interview hated it alot and i was not as prepared as i would have iked to have been it was hard shouls have prepared more

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at TJX Companies (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

I came 20 mins early.The interview was easy asked common questions like why marshalls? What's your availability ?etc...Overall it was an easy interview but still havent heard anything from them yet

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at TJX Companies in May 2017.

Interview

There's two interviews. The first is a group interview. Pretty easy going. They will let you know if they are interested in a second interview, which is individual. A little more intimidating than the first, but overall, not at all bad.

IT Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at TJX Companies.

Interview

There was a 30 min one way video interview. There was a long presentation about the company and two interviews. The interview questions were very repetitive and behavioral. Very little interest in technical experience.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at TJX Companies.

Interview

three interviews total. first is over the computer, second is a case study, third is in person and you interview with about three different recruiters--its pretty basic and very behavioral

Merchandising Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at TJX Companies (Framingham, MA) in April 2017.

Interview

Similar to other descriptions on Glassdoor. Interviewed online through automated process, then was flown out to headquarters. Interviewed with 6 other people, 3 of which were already full time employees of TJX. During the allocation exercise I was unclear exactly how to proceed, but the candidates who already worked there knew exactly what to do. Did not get the position, I assumed they hired from within.