TJX Companies Distribution Supervisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TJX Companies Distribution Supervisor Interview Questions

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Distribution Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TJX Companies (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Online interview, followed by an onsite visit. Brief tour of the facility but did not get to see much detail into day to day responsibility with the job. Interviewers were friendly and willing to help explain the job in further detail.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you had to resolve a conflict in the workplace.   Answer Question

Distribution Center Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomfield, CT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TJX Companies (Bloomfield, CT) in March 2013.

Interview

Was a open house/job fair onsite. I was impressed with the facility. very nice and organized. Employees are very knowledgeable and very friendly. After a quick 5 to 10 minute tour i was brought to a conference room and waited. I then talked to the Supervisor or HR, then a AOM, and then the Manager of HR. After that it was lunch and they released me due to no one being around. All the people i meet were friendly and very helpful. Nothing unexpected was asked. Mostly asked about my Supervision experience and if i had dealt with Unions.

Interview Questions

• How does your military experience prepare you for working with us?   Answer Question

Distribution Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TJX Companies (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

Called me and wanted to set up a over the phone interview. Had the over the phone interview and it was like a horrible blind date. The questions were stale, the position was dry and boring.

Seriously?? Refer to comments

Distribution Center Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tolleson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at TJX Companies (Tolleson, AZ) in August 2012.

Interview

Received an initial phone call from HR who conducted an informal phone interview. Was asked basic supervisory experience questions. Asked how I handled an employee who failed to meet company policy or production standards in the past. Phone interview was followed up by a face-to-face progressive interview about 4 days later. The in-person interview process took 3 1/2 hours and consisted of meeting with 5 different interviewers one-on-one and a facility tour. Interviewed on a Thursday and received a phone call/offer by noon the following Monday.

Interview Questions

• No extremely difficult questions. They all focused on past supervisory experiences and program/project management. Also asked if I had experience with Lean and 6 Sigma. Not being a green/black belt didn't hurt me but I think it helped that I had been part of several Lean/6 Sigma events.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TJX Companies in January 2012.

Interview

The HR representative contacted me to schedule a phone interview after I submitted my resume online. I called her back and we setup an appointment for a few days later. During the initial contact she was cold but professional.

She did not call at the arranged time or at all. I left a voicemail 70 minutes after the interview time and asked to reschedule. It is VERY, VERY, VERY rude to miss an appointment. I would never consider working for this company. Folks in my experience this lack of professionalism is a good indicator of a bad company. If they lack the courtesy to contact you as a candidate, they will be much worse to work for. I am interviewing them in as much as they are interviewing me.

Takeaway: They appear to be a rude and disorganized company.