TJX Companies Merchandiser Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 21, 2017

118 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Merchandising Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at TJX Companies (Framingham, MA) in April 2017.

Interview

Similar to other descriptions on Glassdoor. Interviewed online through automated process, then was flown out to headquarters. Interviewed with 6 other people, 3 of which were already full time employees of TJX. During the allocation exercise I was unclear exactly how to proceed, but the candidates who already worked there knew exactly what to do. Did not get the position, I assumed they hired from within.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at TJX Companies.

Interview

Had 1st interview through HireVue. Make sure you practice, practice, and practice A LOT before you tape the real one. Make sure you have the lighting good. And make sure the camera is not looking up your nose. The practice questions were NOT included in the real taping. Take a deep breath and you will do fine.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the position? How do you use Excel?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at TJX Companies (Framingham, MA).

Interview

I was referred by an employee and had a phone interview first. I was then asked to interview at the HQ in Framingham. I met with three different managers who would manage my group of MA's. The interview lasted about 40 minutes.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to go through my resume and my strengths   Answer Question
    • I was asked why I wanted to work as a Merchandise Assistant and what I knew about the role   Answer Question

Merchandise Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at TJX Companies (New York, NY).

Interview

Interview was pretty easy and straightforward. Manager asked me generic questions about customer service and times when I demonstrated exceptional customer service. Especially around the holiday season, they mostly care about getting bodies through the door rather than hiring the best people for the job and industry.

Merchandising Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at TJX Companies (Framingham, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

Lengthy - generic . Required to complete a worksheet for allocating a specific piece of merchandise, followed by a group discussion to show how well you do working as a team

Interview Questions

• Behavioral and standard: "recall a time you were challenged"   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TJX Companies (Framingham, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter to complete a Hirevue digital interview. A few weeks later I was called for an in person interview which I completed a few days after the phone call. The interview began with 30 minutes with someone from HR reviewing the position and benefits, then 30 minutes with a Merchandise Supervisor accompanied by a Merchandise Assistant to observe and finally, another 30 minutes with a Senior Merchandise Supervisor.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TJX Companies (Framingham, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied for MDP but apparently wasn't qualified. Recruiter asked me to apply to be an MA so I did and had a hirevue interview within a couple days. About a week later was asked to come in to the office for an interview. All questions were situational and they never once asked about my experience and why I'd be a good candidate. I just don't understand how they can decide if I'd be a good fit from asking the same questions over and over just worded differently.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a challenge or conflict you encountered at work and how you handled it   Answer Question

Merchandising Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at TJX Companies (Boston, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

very clear process, hirevue virtual interview and asked simple questions, given 30 seconds to respond and then the next step was a group analysis where you analyzed a case and gave planning recommendations

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at TJX Companies (New York, NY).

Interview

I had a three month internship prior, so I did not have to interview. But as I mentioned before, everyone is very nice and pleasant, so I can only imagine the interview process, is good. Sample Sales are insane by the way! So awesome!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at TJX Companies (Framingham, MA) in July 2016.

Interview

I met with two different Merchandise Supervisors -- it felt relaxed and it was easy talking to each individual. They both asked me a number of questions, mostly situation-based. I was able to ask my own questions that I had regarding the position/company.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you used logic to handle a situation.   Answer Question