TJX Companies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 13, 2017

2.7

Merchandise Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TJX Companies (Framingham, MA) in November 2015.

Interview

Applied online, was emailed an invitation to take a Hire Vue interview which is a one way recorded interview consisting of 7 questions. If you've never interviewed this way, I recommend downloading the app, and practicing before even applying because it's really awkward, and I think it's a terrible way to assess one's capabilities. But this is how they do it, so. . . practice. There is unlimited time between questions, but only 30 seconds to read a multiple part question and 3 minutes to answer it. It took about a week for them to send an email saying I didn't make it to the next round, and I commend them for at least doing that so I wasn't sitting around waiting to hear back.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you managed/worked with a group and they were not onboard with your ideas. How did you handle it? How did you get your ideas heard and accomplished?   1 Answer
    • There was an allocation ratio math question.   1 Answer

Allocation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at TJX Companies (Framingham, MA) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online to the MDP and several days was asked to complete an online video interview. A month later, I was asked to fly up to the corporate office for a 5 1/2 hour "assessment day" which consisted of a presentation, group activity for allocating men's polo shirts, three back to back interviews, a job shadow, lunch, and a slideshow of the buildings. The process was labor intensive and time consuming, but I did not feel that they were serious about hiring me despite my excellent education and qualifications. The recruiters on assessment day asked me the exact same questions over and over again, many of which were too situation specific or irrelevant to an entry level position. It was very difficult not to be irritated and they would not hint at salary.

Interview Questions

• Where else have you applied or interviewed?   1 Answer
    • What do you think will be the biggest challenge for you in this position?   1 Answer

AC/MC Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Evansville, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TJX Companies (Evansville, IN) in May 2014.

Interview

My first interview was over the phone...about 30 minutes or so. The next step was to walk and talk the DC with and HR generalist for an overview of the business. The final interview consisted of a half day session with 3 different members of senior management.

Interview Questions

• Nothing specific comes to mind, just be ready for situational type questions. A lot of 'what did you do when...' or 'what would you do if' type of scenarios. Also be ready to call out specific scenarios in your previous work experience that relate to what they are asking. I think they use a lot of canned questions, so it can be very nerve wracking. It was hard to pull out a situational example when you're on the spot like that.   Answer Question

Negotiation

My offer was for a higher salary than I requested. Benefits such as vacation and insurance were acceptable, so I didn't negotiate anything. I was pleasantly surprised to receive such a generous offer.

Investigator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at TJX Companies (Philadelphia, PA) in May 2009.

Interview

The interview consisted of a round robin type of interview with standard interview questions in addition to questions involving job specific duties in loss prevention investigations.

Interview Questions

• Which other candidate do you think we should not consider? ( We were all internal promotions and went together)   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was pretty much a non-negotiation since it was a promotion but there is always room to move around when coming on board from the outside.

Merchandising Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TJX Companies (Framingham, MA) in November 2017.

Interview

a hirevue interview, followed by a five hour long day at headquarters. There was an allocation activity followed by three rounds of interviews by recruiters. Tbh i felt confident about this I'm surprised I was rejected.

Interview Questions

• behavioral questions.
      Why TJX
      what risks have you taken
      what is your biggest accomplishment
      a time your work was criticized   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TJX Companies.

Interview

Started with virtual interview and online personality assessment; next step was an on-campus group data analysis exercise; final step was a 3-part interview conducted in person on my college campus.

Interview Questions

• What do you think makes you a good candidate for this position?   Answer Question

Buying & Merchandising Placement Year Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Watford, East of England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TJX Companies (Watford, East of England, England (UK)).

Interview

3 Online tests, Digital Interview, and then assessment day including formal interview and 3 activities.
    Assessment day was 9-5 and was exhausting. Didn't receive an offer and feedback was minimal, be prepared for a long and tiring day.

Merchandising Intervie Interview

Anonymous Employee in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at TJX Companies (Framingham, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

There is an online video interview and then a case study with other prospective candidates. After that there are 3 one-on-one interviews with HR. They are really quick with response times and the recruiting team is really caring and responsive.

Interview Questions

• What is one instance where you were able to help a disgruntled customer.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TJX Companies in October 2017.

Interview

Online application, online test, one way online interview. Online tests were difficult and each question was timed. Online interview was tough, need to understand TJX business and the off price structure.

Interview Questions

• What excites you about TJX? Why would you be a good off-price buyer?   Answer Question

Merchandising Interview

Anonymous Employee in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at TJX Companies (Framingham, MA).

Interview

Very long process took about 3 months. Started with Hirevue online video interview then went for in- person interviews. There was 3 separate 30 minute interviews with different recruiters. Everyone at the Home Office visit was very inviting and informational

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you have failed? How did you overcome this   Answer Question