TJX Companies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.1

199 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Allocation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at TJX Companies (Framingham, MA) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online to the MDP and several days was asked to complete an online video interview. A month later, I was asked to fly up to the corporate office for a 5 1/2 hour "assessment day" which consisted of a presentation, group activity for allocating men's polo shirts, three back to back interviews, a job shadow, lunch, and a slideshow of the buildings. The process was labor intensive and time consuming, but I did not feel that they were serious about hiring me despite my excellent education and qualifications. The recruiters on assessment day asked me the exact same questions over and over again, many of which were too situation specific or irrelevant to an entry level position. It was very difficult not to be irritated and they would not hint at salary.

Interview Questions

• Where else have you applied or interviewed?   1 Answer
    • What do you think will be the biggest challenge for you in this position?   1 Answer

Merchandising Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TJX Companies (Framingham, MA) in November 2017.

Interview

a hirevue interview, followed by a five hour long day at headquarters. There was an allocation activity followed by three rounds of interviews by recruiters. Tbh i felt confident about this I'm surprised I was rejected.

Interview Questions

• behavioral questions.
      Why TJX
      what risks have you taken
      what is your biggest accomplishment
      a time your work was criticized   Answer Question

Buying & Merchandising Placement Year Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Watford, East of England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TJX Companies (Watford, East of England, England (UK)).

Interview

3 Online tests, Digital Interview, and then assessment day including formal interview and 3 activities.
    Assessment day was 9-5 and was exhausting. Didn't receive an offer and feedback was minimal, be prepared for a long and tiring day.

Pathways Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at TJX Companies.

Interview

Horrible and very awkward i didnt get past the video interview hated it alot and i was not as prepared as i would have iked to have been it was hard shouls have prepared more

Merchandising & Buying Graduate Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at TJX Companies (London, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

1 step CV and few questions
    2 step online tests
    3 step video interview
    4 step assessment centre.
    The first three steps were standard and I did not have problems. My assessment centre was quite traumatic. It lasted the entire day (8 am - 5 pm), I had an interview with HR, data exercise, job shadow, and two group interviews.
    The HR was very nice and relaxed, but prepare many examples about you personal and professional experiences.
    The first group interview was funny, just speak a lot and try to be the leader by taking notes of everyone's suggestions.
    The job shadow with a graduate of last year was terrible, she was everything but enthusiastic and did not give us any detail about the contract and carrier opportunities. Btw, this part is not evaluated.
    Data exercise was traumatic. I had to allocate the stocks of a product in different stores. Then, I reviewed my allocations with the merchandiser director of women clothes. She was very nice, smiling all the time. She challenged me with some question, and I gave very synthetic answers because she used to stop me after the first two sentences by telling all the time "good answer / yes this is what I wanted to hear / exact, you got it". So I was very confident that it was good. Well, guess what? When I received the feedback of my assessment centre, the HR told me that I did not give enough explanatory answers, and I did not react when she tried to challenge me. Well, if your interlocutor is stopping you telling that you are giving good answers, you believe that your answers are enough explanatory and don't try to add too many details, right? It was very unfair. Transparency and honesty are supposed to be core values of this company!
    The last group exercise was terrible, everyone was very nervous and we did not collaborate. Try to attract the attention of the people that are in the room with considerations about the customers, don't say anything like "I would not buy it, I don't like it, etc...". The feedback was that I did not speak enough and I was too focused on myself.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at TJX Companies in April 2016.

Interview

After having filled out the application form, they invited me to complete some tests and one one-way recorded interview. They came back to me after 10 days more or less and I was rejected.

Interview Questions

• - What is the difference between merchandising and buying
      - How your friends would describe you   Answer Question

Learning and Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Watford, East of England, England (UK)

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TJX Companies (Watford, East of England, England (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process consisted of two stages (aside from the initial phone screening). The first interview lasts one hour and is mainly based on behavioural questions. The second stage is another interview with different stakeholders. The actual interview was led in a professional manner and it was a good experience. The reason why I rated the hiring process negatively is because I never heard from the recruiting team afterwards. They never contacted me to let me know the result of the interview and they didn't answer my emails or calls. Since then I've heard of two more people who were never contacted with a resolution after a face to face interview.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult part was that the length of the questions and the fact that they asked the follow up questions at the same time as the initial question. They were related to providing examples of when you worked as a team or challenged others' opinion.   Answer Question

Merchandising Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at TJX Companies (Framingham, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

Lengthy - generic . Required to complete a worksheet for allocating a specific piece of merchandise, followed by a group discussion to show how well you do working as a team

Interview Questions

• Behavioral and standard: "recall a time you were challenged"   Answer Question

Merchandising & Buying European Graduate Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Watford, East of England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at TJX Companies (Watford, East of England, England (UK)) in March 2016.

Interview

Stage One - Online Assesment
    A verbal, numerical and logical reasoning test + HireVue video interview
    Stage Two - Assesment Centre
    (1) Allocation excercise
    You get data regarding to 15 stores and its historical sales data (last week sales, this week sales, last year sales, annual turnover of each store, week cover). Your task is to split 60 pair of shoes between those stores in the most efficient way. You could allocate min.5, max. 20 pairs to one store.
    After it is done there there is one - to - one with an Accessor to explain your allocation
    (2) 1-1 interview
    (3) Group excercise_1- at the begining of the group excercise everyone receives a role to be played by him. Each role has some kind of characteristic e.g. one person is a coach, another is a climber etc. You are all in the desert island (10 people). You have only 5 places in a rescue boat. You need to decide who is taking those places and who is staying on the island.
    (4) Group excercise_2 - there are 6 pairs of shoes in front of you. You are in group of 4 people. You need to rank all of those paris and decide which 3 of them will be in the offer of TK Maxx.

Interview Questions

• 1. What do you know about off-price buying and how does it vary from the full price model?
      2. What was the last thing you bought in TK Maxx?
      3. What could we do to attract a wider client base?
      4. What do you think about store layout and is there anything I would like to change?
      5. The relevance of your degree and previous work experience
      6. Describe a situation when you have been determined
      7. When have you used analysis at your work?
      8. Tell me about a time when you failed and how did you handle it?
      9. What are you proud of?
      10. Why do you want to work for us?
      11. Desribe a time when you did a mistake - how did you handle it?
      12. Describe a time when you took a risk   Answer Question

Allocation Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at TJX Companies.

Interview

There were 3 interviews that took place. A video submission - 30 seconds to come up with the answer 1 minute to give answer. After that was a interview in a room with 5 other people applying for the same position. You have 30 minutes to fill out a sheet of paper on wear you would allocate clothing - you have bad and good locations to pick from. You then discussed with the other interviewees which places would be better than others. The last interview was at the Framingham HQ for a 6 hour long meeting with 3 different people.