TJX Companies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TJX Companies Interview Questions

Updated Nov 22, 2017

2.7

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at TJX Companies.

Interview

Five interviews with variou HR management. Data analysis test.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at TJX Companies.

Interview

Did an online application, some maths and english tests online, followed by a video interview. I was then invited to an assessment centre which was split into two visits to head office in Watford. The first visit involved an individual and group assessment, and the second was an individual interview and a presentation.

Interview Questions

• Describe what interests you most about the retail industry   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at TJX Companies.

Interview

Met a recruiter on campus at an information session. Then continued to followup with the recruiter up until the on campus Career Fair where I talked to him again, along with a woman who had started in the Corporate Merchandise Training Program.

I was invited to do an online interview where I answered questions and was recorded. I followed up with the recruiter about how I hope it went well and then a day later, I was invited to interview on campus in a group interview.

Sat around a table with fellow peers and had to allocate jackets to different stores and answer some questions. After, we all had to talk as a group to allocate the jackets.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was very difficult-you have to be outspoken at the group interview, but not too outspoken.   Answer Question

Interview

They called me on short notice after I had applied online and had me come in to apply in store as well. Then I was led into the backroom for a group interview. The question were very easy, and it seemed like they just wanted to make sure you are normal and polite. As long as you remain calm and speak when it is your turn, you will be fine.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you received bad customer service.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at TJX Companies.

Interview

I applied for the internship though campus recruitment. I went to an information session they held, and they liked me enough to set up a video interview for me (one way interview). After that I went in for a group interview where we were each given data to analyze, and we would discuss it with one of the senior representatives. After that they put us in a large group to have us discuss our findings together, mostly to test our team work capabilities.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time where you had an unpopular opinion and tried to push it through.   Answer Question

Customer Insight Interview

Interview

Got a phone interview after I sent out application online. The recruiter didn't call on time (30 minutes late). The actual phone call lasted about 5 minutes only. Got the rejection email few days after. I email back and asked if there is anything I could improve, never heard back from them since then.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TJX Companies.

Interview

Submitted through campus, then had a video interview where they asked several questions, then had an on campus interview which was a group interview. Overall okay interview process except not much one-on-one time before the final round. Friendly recruiters, pretty easy process

Next step they fly you to their corporate headquarters for final rounds

Buying Intern Interview

Interview

There was an online video interview in which you record your responses to questions, this is a bit awkward. Next there was a group interview in which they do a brief presentation and then you do a group exercise in which you have to allocate x number of a product based on information given

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

3 interviews, 1 over the phone, 1 one on one, 1 3 hour case study and interview

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at TJX Companies.

Interview

Easy process, DM met me ask questions about culture, values and goals

Interview Questions

• Didn't expect to be asked about my contribution to my community   Answer Question