TJX Companies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 17, 2017

2.7

Merchandise Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TJX Companies (Framingham, MA) in February 2015.

Interview

Started off with a phone interview, which then lead to an in person interview (2 supervisors and their manager). Was interviewed by the three of them at once -- which made it more difficult.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you succeeded?
      What is your biggest strength?
      How did you solve a customer issue?
      Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at TJX Companies (Richmond, BC (Canada)) in August 2016.

Interview

I fill a form in the store, and they called me after 2days for an interview. I had an interview with the assistant Manager, it was easy, she asked me about 10 questions and after 3 days contact me to come for the integration day.

Graduate Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Watford, East of England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at TJX Companies (Watford, East of England, England (UK)).

Interview

Applied online, following some online assessment tests one had to pursue a one-way video interview. Then got invited to the assessment centre. There we had one on one interviews, 2 group exercises and one data analysis exercise. The atmosphere was very relaxed and the fact that most assessors have been working there for 10+ years indicates that the working climate is very good. It was one of the most relaxed assessment centre days I have been to so far.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at TJX Companies (Framingham, MA).

Interview

Applied online and had a short initial call with the recruiter to discuss role and background, then was invited for on-campus interview. Interviewed with 4 different people on the team. The recruiter was extremely late every single time we were scheduled to speak. They were also terrible with communication and would never email me or even respond to my emails, unless I would send reminder emails. I don't even know how the recruiter can keep their job. And the campus looked awful and dated, and not like a place you would want to work at. Some of the people I interacted with during the interview day were sweet and kind, but others were very socially awkward and cold.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral questions and questions about current role and why the move   Answer Question

Customer Service Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TJX Companies (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview was pretty straightforward. They ask you about your work experience, strengths/weaknesses, what you can bring to the company. The Manager was pleasant and made me comfortable. Took a few weeks to sort out but they do a very good job training you to do the work. They're really adamant on customer service and prioritize it over anything else.

Interview Questions

• Q: Describe a time where you were challenged and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Corporate Administrative Role Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TJX Companies in February 2017.

Interview

Had several meetings with HR people. Overall received very positive feedback but was passed on for the role. It did take them a while to provide feedback (several weeks) - I felt they could have provided it faster out of respect for the candidates.

They did say the various systems and processes at TJX are very old, outdated, and many things are manual. So do not expect the job to be easy.

Interview Questions

• Mostly questions about personality, style, etc. Since it was HR there was nothing specific to the job.   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at TJX Companies in January 2017.

Interview

After completing the application, got an email back from TJX saying I need to complete a HireVue video interview. It was mostly behavioral, gave me a minute to prepare for each question, and lasted about 45 minutes total. I heard back from them after another few weeks saying that they want to move me forward with the process, but that I need to wait a couple of months until they get settled to do the final interview. I heard back from my recruiter after a month saying a region opened up, and that if I am willing to relocate to that area, they would like to schedule me for the final interview with a district manager. The recruiter was very friendly, genuine, and made sure to keep me updated! but it was definitely a long process.. I finished my final interview with the district manager a few weeks ago, but still haven't heard back, even though they said that they would let me know if I made it or not within a week.

Technical Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TJX Companies (Boston, MA) in August 2016.

Interview

Must have experience in technical design. It is important to be helpful & for management to see the potential in you before hand. Was more of a conservation & easy going between myself & management.

Interview Questions

• What would happen if I did not get offered the position?   1 Answer

textile design Interview

Anonymous Employee in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at TJX Companies (Framingham, MA) in February 2013.

Interview

It took about 1.5 months for TJX to reach out to me. The interview was about 45 mins at their corporate headquarters, and included an on-the-spot design challenge using Adobe Illustrator.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with Textile Design?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at TJX Companies (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in September 2013.

Interview

Quick? I think they weren t too picky. They asked me a dozen questions about things i had done and my availabilities. The manager wasnt even smiling. The store was clearly short staffed