TJX Companies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TJX Companies Interview Questions

Updated May 18, 2017

2.7

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at TJX Companies in January 2017.

Interview

After completing the application, got an email back from TJX saying I need to complete a HireVue video interview. It was mostly behavioral, gave me a minute to prepare for each question, and lasted about 45 minutes total. I heard back from them after another few weeks saying that they want to move me forward with the process, but that I need to wait a couple of months until they get settled to do the final interview. I heard back from my recruiter after a month saying a region opened up, and that if I am willing to relocate to that area, they would like to schedule me for the final interview with a district manager. The recruiter was very friendly, genuine, and made sure to keep me updated! but it was definitely a long process.. I finished my final interview with the district manager a few weeks ago, but still haven't heard back, even though they said that they would let me know if I made it or not within a week.

Merchandise Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at TJX Companies (New York, NY).

Interview

Interview was pretty easy and straightforward. Manager asked me generic questions about customer service and times when I demonstrated exceptional customer service. Especially around the holiday season, they mostly care about getting bodies through the door rather than hiring the best people for the job and industry.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at TJX Companies (New York, NY).

Interview

Step 1: A virtual interview in which you are asked about six questions and have to record yourself answering.
    Step 2: A group interview in which you play the role of an Allocation Analyst. First you work out the problem on your own for 30 mins, then you confer with your group to come up with a final plan.
    Step 3: Three in-person interviews with three different recruiters back to back on campus.

Interview Questions

• Which brands do you like seeing in our stores and which brands would you like to see?   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at TJX Companies in December 2016.

Interview

Didn't even interview, was just offered the position from resume. They loved my masters and gave me the position and offered above average pay to ensure I would stay. Very easy.

Interview Questions

• None whatsoever, a recruiter put me in and they offered me the job immediately   Answer Question

Distribution Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TJX Companies (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Online interview, followed by an onsite visit. Brief tour of the facility but did not get to see much detail into day to day responsibility with the job. Interviewers were friendly and willing to help explain the job in further detail.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you had to resolve a conflict in the workplace.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at TJX Companies.

Interview

A paper application, in person interview with predetermined questions from corporate then reference checks. Interviwer will also ask you to share a little about yourself and your background. They provided details on training videos, flow of work, and company background.

Allocation Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at TJX Companies.

Interview

There were three interviews. One online, case, and behavioral. Overall the process moved pretty quickly. The case wasn't too hard and actually was kind of fun. Definitely enjoyed the process. Everyone was very nice and they really seem to care about their employees.

Interview Questions

• They ask you a couple mental math questions, but nothing too tricky! Know the company well. I got asked which product lines I would like to add to the store.   2 Answers

Allocation Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at TJX Companies.

Interview

First was a behavioral over video.
    Second was a group case study where two interviewers observed how you acted with others in the group setting.
    Third was at Headquarters and interviewed again for behavioral and skills by three different interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Why did I want to work for them
      What were my long term plans
      Skills I felt that I already had that fit the job
      What was my major
      Where did I live
      Answer Question

Merchandising Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at TJX Companies (Framingham, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

Lengthy - generic . Required to complete a worksheet for allocating a specific piece of merchandise, followed by a group discussion to show how well you do working as a team

Interview Questions

• Behavioral and standard: "recall a time you were challenged"   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at TJX Companies in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online, completed online interview, followed by an in person interview. Everyone was very friendly and the office was incredibly welcoming. I really enjoyed the process and I learned a lot from the experience. Did not hear back right away but overall I had a positive experience.

Interview Questions

• What is an experience where you have had to use excel?   Answer Question