TJX Companies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TJX Companies Interview Questions

Updated Dec 2, 2017

2.7

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at TJX Companies.

Interview

They were very inviting and informational and they were professional and pleasant. Did an online video chat, the group interview, then we went and then they invited me to the headquarters and talked to individual people for about 30 min each. Heard back a week or so later.

Allocation Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TJX Companies in September 2017.

Interview

Spoke with a recruiter at my university's career fair. Moved onto the next process of completing an hour long assessment of personality, logical and math questions. Participated in their HireVue interview session.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in TJX? Why are you interested in retail? How would you allocate certain products? Gave a spreadsheet with data, and you had to decide where to allocate products.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TJX Companies (Boston, MA) in September 2017.

Interview

The interviewers were very friendly and kind. They were willing to discuss all aspects of the job and were open to all questions. There was a very relaxed attitude in the room and they kept it professional but casual.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to get a project right the very first time.   Answer Question

Merchandising Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in State College, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TJX Companies (State College, PA) in September 2017.

Interview

it was a pre recorded interview through higher view. a question popped up on screen and you had about a 30 seconds to prepare and then 2-3 minutes to answer the question.

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TJX Companies.

Interview

It was productive as I met with several people over the course of the afternoon. Everyone answered my questions, provided a lot of transparency and I knew exactly what the expectations of the role was going to be.

Merchandising Development Program Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TJX Companies.

Interview

Answered a series of questions on HireVue. Never made it through the initial screening process. Questions were pretty easy. Just basic questions about background and interest in the program.

Workplace Services Role Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marlborough, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at TJX Companies (Marlborough, MA) in August 2017.

Interview

Lengthy process, multiple people to meet with, takes a long time to go through. Started working with a recruiter in July and finally was able to accept in September.

Interview Questions

• What was a challenge you had in the workplace and how did you fix it?   Answer Question

Security Specialist Interview

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at TJX Companies.

Interview

Very great interview. The two supervisors that i interviewed with were very great. They gave me hope for advancement seeing as they haven't been with the company or in their positions a year.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TJX Companies.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted about a week later via phone to schedule the in person interview. The interview itself was a short one-on-one in w/ store manager which was mostly a review of the job duties that were expected of me. They offered the job to me by via phone call a day later to schedule orientation training.

Consumer Insights Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TJX Companies.

Interview

I applied for an opening in Consumer Insights and was super excited when I got invited for an in-office interview. The interview was not a typical interview about getting to know me, my background, interest in the role etc. It started right off with very direct questions about my current work, asking for details about partners I use, how I work with them, how I conduct my work, processes, and so on. There was minimal time, if any, to ask questions about their needs and the role. I felt like they were looking to gain knowledge rather than interested in me. I was not surprised about not getting an offer as I had a weird feeling about this whole experience. Overall do not recommend.

Interview Questions

• They wanted to know everything about my current work and processes   Answer Question