TJX Companies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TJX Companies Interview Questions

Updated Mar 11, 2017

3.1

Allocation Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at TJX Companies.

Interview

There were 3 interviews that took place. A video submission - 30 seconds to come up with the answer 1 minute to give answer. After that was a interview in a room with 5 other people applying for the same position. You have 30 minutes to fill out a sheet of paper on wear you would allocate clothing - you have bad and good locations to pick from. You then discussed with the other interviewees which places would be better than others. The last interview was at the Framingham HQ for a 6 hour long meeting with 3 different people.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spokane, WA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at TJX Companies (Spokane, WA).

Interview

The interview started with a story of success by my regional. A real latter climber. After that it was a series of typical question he asked everyone. (Tell what makes a good manager, ect). I then had a opportunity to speak to my strengths and accomplishment within the company and from my past. It ended with him asking me if I had any further question for him.

Interview Questions

• What make a good store manager?   1 Answer

Merchandise Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at TJX Companies (Framingham, MA) in July 2016.

Interview

I met with two different Merchandise Supervisors -- it felt relaxed and it was easy talking to each individual. They both asked me a number of questions, mostly situation-based. I was able to ask my own questions that I had regarding the position/company.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you used logic to handle a situation.   Answer Question

Risk Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TJX Companies (Boston, MA) in July 2016.

Interview

Was only able to talk in length with the sourcer. Seems TJX hasnt kept up with time in terms of responsing to candidates. I wasnt looking for a change but the smart sourcer sold the role to me and got me interested. For about three weeks, I heard nothing --excuse was that one or the other person was on vacation. Seems that the role has been open for a couple of months now and I feel that even the hiring manager doesnt know what he wants. At the end I pulled my name out and saved everybody some time.

Recruiter and Senior Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TJX Companies.

Interview

Had a pleasant phone interview and then followed up with meeting several people at a job fair. For reasons I will never understand my calls and emails were never returned. I can certainly understand if a decision was made to go with another candidate or there was a skill I was missing. But TJX presents a terrible candidate experiences. And from all accounts only pay lip service to the concept of being veteran friendly.

Interview Questions

• Normal questions about how my current experience in the military would translate to their team.   Answer Question

Area Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at TJX Companies in April 2016.

Interview

Very friendly warm welcoming group of people. I was flown in for a Friday afternoon interview to accommodate my schedule. Flight and rental issues made me a half hour late, the team from assistant VP down were nothing but understanding. Questions were standard behavioral with a few specific others mixed in. Even late on a Friday every one of them were genuinely intrested in my answers. I have no idea if I will get an offer or not and it makes no difference for this review they have an unmatchable culture in the distribution management business, so if you get the chance join the team. On tour they were also 100 percent open with challenges faced and what they do well. Trust 6 star out of 5 group of folks out in memphis!

Interview Questions

• 8 or 9 behavioral and interactive discussion from your resume   1 Answer

Tax Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marlborough, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TJX Companies (Marlborough, MA) in April 2016.

Interview

Spoke with the recruiter briefly about the position and whether or not it was a good fit. Interview was set up very quickly. Met with three people for about 20 minutes each. Mostly typical questions with a few that seemed out of place. They were just awkward questions that were worded strangely and it made them harder to answer. Other than that it was a pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• What do you expect from your coworkers when you start?   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TJX Companies.

Interview

Answered questions given on a computer through video. I think it was about five questions. I got an e-mail inviting me to the next round.

Next interview was a group interview with an allocation problem. There was 45 minutes to analyze and write and then they copied your information and continued on to the discussion portion.

Allocation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TJX Companies (Framingham, MA) in January 2016.

Interview

I was offered to come in to interview for the Corporate Merchandise Training Program (which leads an Allocation Analyst position). They make you take a video interview first where you just answer questions and your webcam records you (there is no one actually interviewing you). The questions are easy and there is one ratio question to answer that requires a calculator.

The interview day is around 6 hours long and there are others in your "group" also interviewing for the position. It involves a short introduction to the company first. Then you have to complete an allocation analyst "assignment" that involves allocating shirts to different locations, you have to provide a reason as to each decision and you have 30 minutes to do so. After the assignment, you meet up with fellow individuals interviewing for the position and you have to justify your decisions as a group and also give reasoning. Recruiters watch this discussion and take notes on what everyone is saying. After that you get to meet an allocation analyst who speaks to everyone as a group and you have the chance to ask any questions.

The final round is interviewing with three different recruiters. Each recruiter is nice but has different methods. Some are in your face, laid back, or ask very specific/numerical based questions. Overall, I found the experience easy but exhausting/stressful since you go from one interview to the next. Also they have the tendency to repeat all the questions. It makes no sense to me. One recruiter even stated to me that they would be consistently repeating questions. I highly recommend looking up behavioral questions and coming up with answers prior to the interview since the questions come at you at quite a fast pace.

Overall, I find the whole process educational but the interview process seems bizarre to me. The questions are not entirely related to the position and it seems like they just got random behavioral questions off google. The position is very analytical based so I suggest basing your answers around analysis.

I highly recommend finding a referral within the TJX company. Someone who is an allocation analyst, or someone with higher power within the company. Everyone who I have spoken to has had a strong referral source when applying. Sad, but true.

Interview Questions

• When have you used analysis in your work and or school life to solve a problem?
      Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
      What has been your approach to your job search? What other companies have you applied to or are looking at?
      Tell me about a time when you failed at something and how did you handle it?
      Explain a time when you had to make a controversial decision that may not have been supported by others?
      What accomplishment are you most proud of?
      Describe a time you had to push an unpopular idea.
      Describe a situation that you went into without all the information you needed.
      When was a time you have had to be a part of a group that someone was not pulling their load?
      What is your biggest weakness?
      What are your strengths?
      Why do you want to work for TJX?
      What interests you about the CMTP?
      Answer Question

Merchandising Training Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at TJX Companies (Boston, MA).

Interview

First did a Hireview interview. You had 30 seconds to read the questions and prepare. You had three minutes to explain your answer. After that I was flown out to headquarters for a five hour long interview process. All behavioral questions and an allocation problem. Overall it was a hard interview but a great experience even though I did not get the job.