TJX Companies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.1

189 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at TJX Companies (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

I came 20 mins early.The interview was easy asked common questions like why marshalls? What's your availability ?etc...Overall it was an easy interview but still havent heard anything from them yet

IT Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at TJX Companies.

Interview

There was a 30 min one way video interview. There was a long presentation about the company and two interviews. The interview questions were very repetitive and behavioral. Very little interest in technical experience.

Merchandising Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at TJX Companies (Framingham, MA) in April 2017.

Interview

Similar to other descriptions on Glassdoor. Interviewed online through automated process, then was flown out to headquarters. Interviewed with 6 other people, 3 of which were already full time employees of TJX. During the allocation exercise I was unclear exactly how to proceed, but the candidates who already worked there knew exactly what to do. Did not get the position, I assumed they hired from within.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at TJX Companies (Framingham, MA).

Interview

Applied online and had a short initial call with the recruiter to discuss role and background, then was invited for on-campus interview. Interviewed with 4 different people on the team. The recruiter was extremely late every single time we were scheduled to speak. They were also terrible with communication and would never email me or even respond to my emails, unless I would send reminder emails. I don't even know how the recruiter can keep their job. And the campus looked awful and dated, and not like a place you would want to work at. Some of the people I interacted with during the interview day were sweet and kind, but others were very socially awkward and cold.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral questions and questions about current role and why the move   Answer Question

Corporate Administrative Role Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TJX Companies in February 2017.

Interview

Had several meetings with HR people. Overall received very positive feedback but was passed on for the role. It did take them a while to provide feedback (several weeks) - I felt they could have provided it faster out of respect for the candidates.

They did say the various systems and processes at TJX are very old, outdated, and many things are manual. So do not expect the job to be easy.

Interview Questions

• Mostly questions about personality, style, etc. Since it was HR there was nothing specific to the job.   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at TJX Companies in January 2017.

Interview

After completing the application, got an email back from TJX saying I need to complete a HireVue video interview. It was mostly behavioral, gave me a minute to prepare for each question, and lasted about 45 minutes total. I heard back from them after another few weeks saying that they want to move me forward with the process, but that I need to wait a couple of months until they get settled to do the final interview. I heard back from my recruiter after a month saying a region opened up, and that if I am willing to relocate to that area, they would like to schedule me for the final interview with a district manager. The recruiter was very friendly, genuine, and made sure to keep me updated! but it was definitely a long process.. I finished my final interview with the district manager a few weeks ago, but still haven't heard back, even though they said that they would let me know if I made it or not within a week.

Allocation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at TJX Companies (New York, NY).

Interview

Step 1: A virtual interview in which you are asked about six questions and have to record yourself answering.
    Step 2: A group interview in which you play the role of an Allocation Analyst. First you work out the problem on your own for 30 mins, then you confer with your group to come up with a final plan.
    Step 3: Three in-person interviews with three different recruiters back to back on campus.

Interview Questions

• Which brands do you like seeing in our stores and which brands would you like to see?   Answer Question

Merchandising Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at TJX Companies (Framingham, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

Lengthy - generic . Required to complete a worksheet for allocating a specific piece of merchandise, followed by a group discussion to show how well you do working as a team

Interview Questions

• Behavioral and standard: "recall a time you were challenged"   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at TJX Companies in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online, completed online interview, followed by an in person interview. Everyone was very friendly and the office was incredibly welcoming. I really enjoyed the process and I learned a lot from the experience. Did not hear back right away but overall I had a positive experience.

Senior Compensation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westborough, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at TJX Companies (Westborough, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

Phone screen with recruiter followed by in person with hiring manager and then 1 up manager. Interview with hiring manager was awkward/uncomfortable, everyone else was easy enough to talk to. Recruiter did not provide status updates on role or respond to emails which made it difficult to coordinate this opportunity with potential jobs at companies with more responsive teams.