TJX Companies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 21, 2017

2.7

Distribution Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TJX Companies (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Online interview, followed by an onsite visit. Brief tour of the facility but did not get to see much detail into day to day responsibility with the job. Interviewers were friendly and willing to help explain the job in further detail.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you had to resolve a conflict in the workplace.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at TJX Companies.

Interview

A paper application, in person interview with predetermined questions from corporate then reference checks. Interviwer will also ask you to share a little about yourself and your background. They provided details on training videos, flow of work, and company background.

Allocation Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at TJX Companies.

Interview

There were three interviews. One online, case, and behavioral. Overall the process moved pretty quickly. The case wasn't too hard and actually was kind of fun. Definitely enjoyed the process. Everyone was very nice and they really seem to care about their employees.

Interview Questions

• They ask you a couple mental math questions, but nothing too tricky! Know the company well. I got asked which product lines I would like to add to the store.   2 Answers

Merchandising Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at TJX Companies (Framingham, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

Lengthy - generic . Required to complete a worksheet for allocating a specific piece of merchandise, followed by a group discussion to show how well you do working as a team

Interview Questions

• Behavioral and standard: "recall a time you were challenged"   Answer Question

Allocation Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at TJX Companies.

Interview

First was a behavioral over video.
    Second was a group case study where two interviewers observed how you acted with others in the group setting.
    Third was at Headquarters and interviewed again for behavioral and skills by three different interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Why did I want to work for them
      What were my long term plans
      Skills I felt that I already had that fit the job
      What was my major
      Where did I live   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at TJX Companies in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online, completed online interview, followed by an in person interview. Everyone was very friendly and the office was incredibly welcoming. I really enjoyed the process and I learned a lot from the experience. Did not hear back right away but overall I had a positive experience.

Merchandise Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TJX Companies (Framingham, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter to complete a Hirevue digital interview. A few weeks later I was called for an in person interview which I completed a few days after the phone call. The interview began with 30 minutes with someone from HR reviewing the position and benefits, then 30 minutes with a Merchandise Supervisor accompanied by a Merchandise Assistant to observe and finally, another 30 minutes with a Senior Merchandise Supervisor.

Senior Compensation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westborough, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at TJX Companies (Westborough, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

Phone screen with recruiter followed by in person with hiring manager and then 1 up manager. Interview with hiring manager was awkward/uncomfortable, everyone else was easy enough to talk to. Recruiter did not provide status updates on role or respond to emails which made it difficult to coordinate this opportunity with potential jobs at companies with more responsive teams.

Allocation Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TJX Companies in October 2016.

Interview

I went through a video interview process with Hirevue. It asked about 6 questions, all behavioral and related to merchandising and planning. Next, I participated in a case interview where we allocated units of different merchandise based on sales data. There was plenty of information provided, and it was done individually for the first 30 minutes and with a group for the next 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TJX Companies in October 2016.

Interview

Very open ended initially, asking me to give overall career and background. But then it drilled down into more detail, going back to earlier experience, and then progressing to my most recent position. The interviewer asked very specific questions to try to get to the core of the position, and to really understand the accomplishments, and the how. I was very impressed with how much time I was given to ask questions, especially since this interview was only exploratory in nature.

Interview Questions

• What was the overall scope (spend) in Logistics for which I was responsible, as well as the KPI's.   Answer Question