TJX Companies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TJX Companies Interview Questions

Updated Feb 23, 2017

3.1

Merchandising Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at TJX Companies.

Interview

Go through a preliminary HireView interview online. Next round is a group case that you work on individually first and then come together and discuss answers while TJX recruiters monitor you. The final round is in the home office and is about 4 hours. There's a brief intro and Q&A with an allocation analyst. Then there are 3 back-to-back interviews with the talent acquisition recruiters.

Human Resources Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TJX Companies.

Interview

More than 1 month has passed since I have heard anything from the recruiter either way. I have emailed the recruiter on two different occasions but have yet to get a response. Very frustrating experience. Given their size and reputation, you would hope for a more professional experience.

Buying Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TJX Companies (Framingham, MA) in December 2015.

Interview

Very great company. Took me and my group in and told us a little more about the company, completed a case individually, then discussed as a group. Then we had three individual interviews, behavior based.

Interview Questions

• Name a time that you worked as a team.   1 Answer

Allocation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TJX Companies (Framingham, MA).

Interview

The interview process was an overall terrible experience. It starts with a one-way the video interview. This is a HORRIBLE way to assess potential employees. It's incredibly awkward to record your answers. They only give you 30 seconds to read the question but then 3 minutes to answer. People need more time to read the question because auditory and visual processing is very different. I thought I bombed the video interview but a week later I received an email to come in for an interview day. The interview day was equally intimidating. I was one of 8 people. We all had varying backgrounds. Most were very young, right out of college or even graduating in Dec. Only a few of us had graduated (I actually have a Masters). They start off with a presentation and then an opportunity to ask questions to a current allocation analyst. Then we worked individually on an allocation case study. It was relatively straight forward but it was a lot of reading for the amount of time they give. No heavy math except for some addition and subtraction. Next they broke us into two groups to discuss the case (and come to a consensus) in front of three current employees. Lastly, we have 3 fifteen minute interviews with these same people. The interview questions were all behavioral. I was emailed about 2 weeks later saying I didn't get the job. My guess is they want people right out of college. Of the 8 people at the interview, one person already worked for TJX in a different division, two had interned there, one was the granddaughter of their original HR manager, and another's former boss was currently working there. After finding this out, it felt like I didn't stand a chance. Also, the day ran for almost a full workday. Way too intense for essentially an entry level job but sadly if this is the career path you want, this is the only way to get in. My guess is they have a bunch of young kids doing the grunt work.

Interview Questions

• The case study asked you to allocate mens shirts based on previous sales.   1 Answer

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marlboro, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at TJX Companies (Marlboro, MA) in November 2015.

Interview

Interview was good was told it would be one interviewer ended up interviewing with 4 people instead at the same time. They were looking for more in depth knowledge than is normally achieved during a first interview. Overall the process was easy.

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at TJX Companies (Framingham, MA) in November 2015.

Interview

After many months of applying to a portal and trying to get an interview, I was finally asked to come in and meet with a few team members and I felt like the interview went extremely well. I followed up with various HR contacts and even one of the interviewers I met with, I was unable to get answers or an update from anyone. Since this was a dream job for me, it was extremely disappointing to never hear back and have no one respond to numerous emails asking for an update on the position. This is very poor HR process for people that are passionate about your brand, I am very, very disappointed.

Interview Questions

• What is a difficult experience you have had managing others and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Merchandising Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at TJX Companies in November 2015.

Interview

Went through three rounds of interviews. The first involved online questions, the second a group interview, and finally multiple one-on-one interviews. The overall organization of the interviews were fine, until the last round in which my group waited over an hour to be interviewed. They also promised us a company tour of the building which did not happen.

Interview Questions

• What is an example of a time when you demonstrated leadership?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TJX Companies (Framingham, MA) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied online then had a one way online interview through HireVue. The last step was an on site interview day in Framingham, MA. We had to watch a video about the position we would be getting - an allocation analyst, then do an allocation exercise, then three interviews with HR people.

The allocation exercise was men's polos (updated because it used to be raincoats). We had 30 minutes to allocate (it goes by very fast) then we had to discuss with our group members (3-4 other people) and come to a consensus. HR people were watching and asked questions at the end. Be confident in your decision but not overbearing.

The interviews with HR were about 20-30 minutes each with a break block of the same time frame. They all ask similar questions. Everyone was very nice but I could tell it wasn't the place for me.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time where you had to use numerical data to solve a problem.   Answer Question
    • How would you feel about relocating to Massachusetts?   Answer Question
    • How did you approach your job search and what are you looking for in a company?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TJX Companies (Framingham, MA) in October 2015.

Interview

Round one was a one-way video interview that as pretty simple. Second round was in their corporate office in Framingham, MA. There, we were given a case to do individually and were asked later on to collaborate with a small team of fellow interviewees. After this was over,we had 3 one-on-one interviews with people from HR.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TJX Companies (Scottsdale, AZ) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview project took about two weeks. There was no drug test. They called me back for orientation after the group interview. Group interview was friendly and not intimidating. Just be prepared to be educated about the retail field. They will make sure you know what you're talking about. Stay relaxed and ask questions and stay calm.