TJX Companies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 13, 2017

2.7

Merchandising Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at TJX Companies (Boston, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

very clear process, hirevue virtual interview and asked simple questions, given 30 seconds to respond and then the next step was a group analysis where you analyzed a case and gave planning recommendations

Allocation Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at TJX Companies.

Interview

There were 3 interviews that took place. A video submission - 30 seconds to come up with the answer 1 minute to give answer. After that was a interview in a room with 5 other people applying for the same position. You have 30 minutes to fill out a sheet of paper on wear you would allocate clothing - you have bad and good locations to pick from. You then discussed with the other interviewees which places would be better than others. The last interview was at the Framingham HQ for a 6 hour long meeting with 3 different people.

Merchandise Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at TJX Companies (New York, NY).

Interview

I had a three month internship prior, so I did not have to interview. But as I mentioned before, everyone is very nice and pleasant, so I can only imagine the interview process, is good. Sample Sales are insane by the way! So awesome!

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spokane, WA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at TJX Companies (Spokane, WA).

Interview

The interview started with a story of success by my regional. A real latter climber. After that it was a series of typical question he asked everyone. (Tell what makes a good manager, ect). I then had a opportunity to speak to my strengths and accomplishment within the company and from my past. It ended with him asking me if I had any further question for him.

Interview Questions

• What make a good store manager?   1 Answer

Technical Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TJX Companies (Boston, MA) in August 2016.

Interview

Must have experience in technical design. It is important to be helpful & for management to see the potential in you before hand. Was more of a conservation & easy going between myself & management.

Interview Questions

• What would happen if I did not get offered the position?   1 Answer

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at TJX Companies.

Interview

After submitting my application I was called to schedule an in person interview. I was interviewed separately by a manger and then an associate manager. They ask a lot of questions about working with customers in various settings. They're main priority seems to be customer service and satisfaction.

Merchandise Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at TJX Companies (Framingham, MA) in July 2016.

Interview

I met with two different Merchandise Supervisors -- it felt relaxed and it was easy talking to each individual. They both asked me a number of questions, mostly situation-based. I was able to ask my own questions that I had regarding the position/company.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you used logic to handle a situation.   Answer Question

Recruiter and Senior Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TJX Companies.

Interview

Had a pleasant phone interview and then followed up with meeting several people at a job fair. For reasons I will never understand my calls and emails were never returned. I can certainly understand if a decision was made to go with another candidate or there was a skill I was missing. But TJX presents a terrible candidate experiences. And from all accounts only pay lip service to the concept of being veteran friendly.

Interview Questions

• Normal questions about how my current experience in the military would translate to their team.   Answer Question

Risk Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TJX Companies (Boston, MA) in July 2016.

Interview

Was only able to talk in length with the sourcer. Seems TJX hasnt kept up with time in terms of responsing to candidates. I wasnt looking for a change but the smart sourcer sold the role to me and got me interested. For about three weeks, I heard nothing --excuse was that one or the other person was on vacation. Seems that the role has been open for a couple of months now and I feel that even the hiring manager doesnt know what he wants. At the end I pulled my name out and saved everybody some time.

MDP Interview

Interview

I submitted my application, and about 2 weeks later did an online interview on HireView. Then 2 weeks after that, I was called in for an interview at the headquarters in Framingham. The interview was about 6 hours long (8-2). I was interviewed by 4 different people and did a group allocation project. They made me very comfortable, and asked basic behavioral questions. I wasn't offered the job until 3 months later, but I accepted.

Interview Questions

• What is one weakness your previous manager would say you had?   1 Answer