TJX Companies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TJX Companies Interview Questions

Updated Jul 25, 2017

2.7

Recruiter and Senior Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TJX Companies.

Interview

Had a pleasant phone interview and then followed up with meeting several people at a job fair. For reasons I will never understand my calls and emails were never returned. I can certainly understand if a decision was made to go with another candidate or there was a skill I was missing. But TJX presents a terrible candidate experiences. And from all accounts only pay lip service to the concept of being veteran friendly.

Interview Questions

• Normal questions about how my current experience in the military would translate to their team.   Answer Question

MDP Interview

Interview

I submitted my application, and about 2 weeks later did an online interview on HireView. Then 2 weeks after that, I was called in for an interview at the headquarters in Framingham. The interview was about 6 hours long (8-2). I was interviewed by 4 different people and did a group allocation project. They made me very comfortable, and asked basic behavioral questions. I wasn't offered the job until 3 months later, but I accepted.

Interview Questions

• What is one weakness your previous manager would say you had?   1 Answer

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TJX Companies (Framingham, MA) in June 2016.

Interview

After submitting my application I was called to schedule an in by phone as a first step. They were super nice and made me comfortable and asked all of the typical background questions one would expect from a phone interview.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle rude/upset customers?   1 Answer

Information Security Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marlborough, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at TJX Companies (Marlborough, MA) in May 2016.

Interview

The manager sat me in one of the large, glass conference rooms. They were very kind and introduced me to lots of different senior business analysts. They made it an effort to show how friendly and open the environment is. The company culture is very "Open-Door" policy and they take you around to all the different people within the department and see how friendly the interactions are.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been in a circumstance where you had to deal with a problematic team member?   Answer Question

Organized Retail Crime Investigator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at TJX Companies (Chicago, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied through an internal site, where my district manager reached out to the regional manager. I briefly discussed my abilities and skills via phone and was schedule to fly to the regional office for an in person. The interview was conducted and an offer was extended shortly after.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a district LP manager requesting information on a target?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at TJX Companies in May 2016.

Interview

Interviewed with four different people at various levels. They may ask some personal questions, but they interview of a sheet with predetermined questions and circle how they feel it was answered and make notes. Very standard interview.

Allocation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TJX Companies (Framingham, MA) in May 2016.

Interview

There were two separate interview processes. One 'virtual' interview on HireVue and then an in person interview with three separate HR reps and an exercise in which you work solo and then discuss as a group.

Interview Questions

• Do you consider yourself a risk taker? If so, can you give an example?   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at TJX Companies (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2016.

Interview

This was a phone interview with the TA in Boston.
    Fantastic interview and wonderful and professional TA. This interview came about when the local recruiting person for my area did not respond to direct emails. She apologized for the local recruiter and set up our interview. I commend this TA for her above and beyond service!!
    It ended with she would check with the District Manager for any possible openings. Unfortunately no positions were open in my area. 10 minutes after the phone interview the TA called back with a job offer. All expenses paid. I really have to commend the effort of this TA. I turned down the offer because it was in another state and I was only interested in finding a job here!
    There ARE some wonderful TA managers out there!

Area Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at TJX Companies in April 2016.

Interview

Very friendly warm welcoming group of people. I was flown in for a Friday afternoon interview to accommodate my schedule. Flight and rental issues made me a half hour late, the team from assistant VP down were nothing but understanding. Questions were standard behavioral with a few specific others mixed in. Even late on a Friday every one of them were genuinely intrested in my answers. I have no idea if I will get an offer or not and it makes no difference for this review they have an unmatchable culture in the distribution management business, so if you get the chance join the team. On tour they were also 100 percent open with challenges faced and what they do well. Trust 6 star out of 5 group of folks out in memphis!

Interview Questions

• 8 or 9 behavioral and interactive discussion from your resume   1 Answer

Tax Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marlborough, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TJX Companies (Marlborough, MA) in April 2016.

Interview

Spoke with the recruiter briefly about the position and whether or not it was a good fit. Interview was set up very quickly. Met with three people for about 20 minutes each. Mostly typical questions with a few that seemed out of place. They were just awkward questions that were worded strangely and it made them harder to answer. Other than that it was a pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• What do you expect from your coworkers when you start?   1 Answer