TJX Companies Merchandising Development Program Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TJX Companies Merchandising Development Program Interview Questions

Interviews at TJX Companies

3.3

Anonymous Employee in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TJX Companies (Framingham, MA) in January 2015.

Interview

video interview where you re asked a series of questions and you have 60 seconds to respond to each question. after the video interview you were brought into the main office in framingham and you were interviewed by a few folks in HR. Lastly, you were given a group project to work through to show your strategic thinking and teamwork skills

Interview Questions

• what is one thing that you would like to see in our stores but haven't?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for TJX Companies

Merchandise Development Program Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TJX Companies.

Interview

I applied online and got an email to set up a virtual interview that had to be done in the next 3 business days from when I got the email. the interview consisted of 9 questions. You had 30 sec to read the question and think of what you are going to say before it recorded you. It was very scary. I am still waiting to hear about the next step.

Interview Questions

• I was asked :
      what my career goals were
      a time I made an impact
      why I wanted to work for TJX
      a time I had to analyze data
      what an allocation analyst does
      math question
      a time I made a difference   Answer Question

Merchandise Development Program Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at TJX Companies.

Interview

Applied online, received a link to do a online HireVue interview a week later (got 3 days to complete it). After answering the questions, I received confirmation my interview was up for review and a TJX rep would be in contact, but was never contacted after.

Anonymous Employee in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TJX Companies (Framingham, MA) in November 2015.

Interview

Applied online, was emailed an invitation to take a Hire Vue interview which is a one way recorded interview consisting of 7 questions. If you've never interviewed this way, I recommend downloading the app, and practicing before even applying because it's really awkward, and I think it's a terrible way to assess one's capabilities. But this is how they do it, so. . . practice. There is unlimited time between questions, but only 30 seconds to read a multiple part question and 3 minutes to answer it. It took about a week for them to send an email saying I didn't make it to the next round, and I commend them for at least doing that so I wasn't sitting around waiting to hear back.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you managed/worked with a group and they were not onboard with your ideas. How did you handle it? How did you get your ideas heard and accomplished?   1 Answer
    • There was an allocation ratio math question.   1 Answer

Merchandising Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at TJX Companies.

Interview

Went through online application, then after that had to complete online one-way interview with 9 questions. Then made it through that to go in for the day. Went through short presentation, then individual and group exercise, the lunch and a break and then 3 rounds of interviews. Then a job shadow

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you had to use negotiating skills, tell me a time when you had an unpopular opinion and had to push it through, tell me a time you had to use analytical skills, etc.   Answer Question

Merchandising Development Program Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TJX Companies.

Interview

Applied online, within a week was asked to do the online video interview. You have to read the question and you have about 30 seconds before it starts to record your response. If you haven't done one, it helped to practice responding to questions out loud since there's no dialogue. About a week later, I was invited to the assessment day at home office. It was about 6 hours and included an individual exercise, group discussion, 3 individual interviews with recruiters, lunch, your of home office and a job shadow. Everyone was very nice and welcoming. They all seemed to like working there.

Interview Questions

• Describe a challenge or failure and how you responded.

What differentiates you from other candidates?   Answer Question

Merchandising Development Program Interview

Interview

I applied through campus recruitment. Shortly after, I received a link to perform an interview online with 9 questions. After this I was asked to the next round where we were given sales reports and told to allocate items. We had 30 minutes to work on it alone and then they observed as we worked together as a team. I will moving to the final round soon at their headquarters for a day of shadowing and interviews.

Interview Questions

• We were given a math question and asked to describe a time when I was analytical   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TJX Companies (Boston, MA) in October 2014.

Interview

First met HR reps at a career fair and then info session on campus. The first round interview is an online one way interview where you basically just have to answer questions as they pop up on your screen while you are recorded. I disliked this part of the process. You only had two minutes to answer each question and the timer would count down on the screen. I also just thought the online video recording was just awkward because you couldn't have a fluid conversation like in an actual interview. The second round was a group case study on campus with other interviewees. You are basically just giving a study relevant to the job and have a half hour to do the assessment yourself and then a half hour to meet with the group and reach a unanimous solution while they evaluate your performance. The third round is a day spent at the headquarters that includes a job shadow and several rounds of HR interviews.

Interview Questions

• Have your recently been to a TJX store? Tell us about your experience and what is one thing you would change about the store?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TJX Companies (Framingham, MA) in April 2015.

Interview

The video screening interview was very awful but helpful in understanding what types of people they are looking for. Take your time in between questions and realize that they aren't looking for a specific answer. Just to see that you are a personable and outgoing person.

Interview Questions

• When was the last time you visited a TJX location/   1 Answer

Merchandising Development Program Interview

Interview

Interview was one round of a one-way video interview, fair and not too difficult. Second round interview they fly you to home office in Framingham, MA and had a full day of tour and activities along with 3 interviews. Not the most organized process, but overall a good day. Interview questions were expected, although some interviewers were not effective in the way the questions were asked.