TJX Companies Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 8, 2017

2.0

46 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at TJX Companies (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

I came 20 mins early.The interview was easy asked common questions like why marshalls? What's your availability ?etc...Overall it was an easy interview but still havent heard anything from them yet

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for TJX Companies

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at TJX Companies in May 2017.

Interview

There's two interviews. The first is a group interview. Pretty easy going. They will let you know if they are interested in a second interview, which is individual. A little more intimidating than the first, but overall, not at all bad.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TJX Companies (San Diego, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

Walked in filled out application, requested manager, had interview, was hired officially 2 hours later. Did not request proof of SSN, no drug test, long, boring orientation iuseubgp;aiurgb
     argbasjgranerj gwajrln enarh ergnslern serlhneslk ppije ngns lknnksg

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?
      What is your work experience?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at TJX Companies.

Interview

A paper application, in person interview with predetermined questions from corporate then reference checks. Interviwer will also ask you to share a little about yourself and your background. They provided details on training videos, flow of work, and company background.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TJX Companies.

Interview

Called after applying on SnagAJob, had an interview the next day. After talking to the manager for maybe thirty minutes, I was told I'd be receiving a call after she called my references. Received the call the next day and had orientation with two others the next week.

Interview Questions

• How would you provide great customer service to a difficult customer   Answer Question

Sale Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at TJX Companies.

Interview

All I did was walk in like I was going for interview even though I was just dropping my application and the took me back for the interview. As mi walk back they start asking mw question.

Interview Questions

• Why should I work at TJ maxx?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at TJX Companies.

Interview

The applications were provided as you walk in to the store the then the manager will ask for availability and scheduled an interview. Nice manager easy process, they called a couple of days later for orientation.

Interview Questions

• the meaning of the word integrity   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dale City, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TJX Companies (Dale City, VA) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied online through jobs.com and I was called about a week or two later asking to come in for a face-to-face interview. I sat down with a manager, but then told me she doesn't normally do interviews, and acted like she didn't know what to ask or what she was doing. I guess the other manager was out of town? They offered me the job right there and told me I would be contacted "soon" about orientation. The orientation date was changed 3 times since the interview and I had only one call about it...

Sale Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TJX Companies (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online. Got a call bank from hr less than a week. They interview was very easy. Mostly general questions on dealing with people. The Hr person was very friendly and made me comfortable

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TJX Companies.

Interview

I was recommended to apply here by my friend who knew I've been looking for a job. Told me to print out the application online and bring it in. It helps to fill it out before hand and figure out which places are hiring so you can look like a go getter. A few days later I was called in to come for my interview the next week.

I came in 10 minutes before but had to wait about 20 minutes after our scheduled time.

Interview was easy. I was interviewed by both manager and assistant manager. I talked about what I was interested in and what I did in my free time and in high school (extra curriculars and stuff).

My offer was delayed because I didn't have another recommendation but it took a few more days than they promised to give me my offer.

But eventually I got called and was offered $9/hr. Unfortunately I was scheduled to work the next week but postponed that again another week.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself?   Answer Question
    • What skills do you have that can be valuable to our store?   Answer Question
    • Since you don't have any work experiences what have you done that proves you can be a good worker?   Answer Question