TJX Companies Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TJX Companies Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Feb 18, 2017

2.0

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at TJX Companies.

Interview

A paper application, in person interview with predetermined questions from corporate then reference checks. Interviwer will also ask you to share a little about yourself and your background. They provided details on training videos, flow of work, and company background.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for TJX Companies

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TJX Companies.

Interview

Called after applying on SnagAJob, had an interview the next day. After talking to the manager for maybe thirty minutes, I was told I'd be receiving a call after she called my references. Received the call the next day and had orientation with two others the next week.

Interview Questions

• How would you provide great customer service to a difficult customer   Answer Question

Sale Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at TJX Companies.

Interview

All I did was walk in like I was going for interview even though I was just dropping my application and the took me back for the interview. As mi walk back they start asking mw question.

Interview Questions

• Why should I work at TJ maxx?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at TJX Companies.

Interview

The applications were provided as you walk in to the store the then the manager will ask for availability and scheduled an interview. Nice manager easy process, they called a couple of days later for orientation.

Interview Questions

• the meaning of the word integrity   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dale City, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TJX Companies (Dale City, VA) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied online through jobs.com and I was called about a week or two later asking to come in for a face-to-face interview. I sat down with a manager, but then told me she doesn't normally do interviews, and acted like she didn't know what to ask or what she was doing. I guess the other manager was out of town? They offered me the job right there and told me I would be contacted "soon" about orientation. The orientation date was changed 3 times since the interview and I had only one call about it...

Sale Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TJX Companies (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online. Got a call bank from hr less than a week. They interview was very easy. Mostly general questions on dealing with people. The Hr person was very friendly and made me comfortable

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TJX Companies.

Interview

I was recommended to apply here by my friend who knew I've been looking for a job. Told me to print out the application online and bring it in. It helps to fill it out before hand and figure out which places are hiring so you can look like a go getter. A few days later I was called in to come for my interview the next week.

I came in 10 minutes before but had to wait about 20 minutes after our scheduled time.

Interview was easy. I was interviewed by both manager and assistant manager. I talked about what I was interested in and what I did in my free time and in high school (extra curriculars and stuff).

My offer was delayed because I didn't have another recommendation but it took a few more days than they promised to give me my offer.

But eventually I got called and was offered $9/hr. Unfortunately I was scheduled to work the next week but postponed that again another week.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself?   Answer Question
    • What skills do you have that can be valuable to our store?   Answer Question
    • Since you don't have any work experiences what have you done that proves you can be a good worker?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TJX Companies (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

Was a laid back conversation with the manager. They ask of previous jobs and experience, reasons for leaving, why you want to work for them, etc. As an associate you will always be interacting with customers so they like to know your personality; so be bold, relaxed and talk. Took about ten minutes but had to wait for about thirty minutes before the manager came to attend to me. Workers were pleasant to me.

Interview Questions

• what do you understand by team work , customer service. What are some of the responsibilities of an associate? What can you do to increase improve their company?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Ocala, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at TJX Companies (Ocala, FL) in July 2015.

Interview

I dropped off my application and got a call from the manager 1 hour later ask me to come in the next day for an interview. The manager was very nice and friendly, interview went for about 15 minutes, very basic questions. She was very interested and wanted to check my references before i can come for training class/orientation day. I got offered the job 1 week later.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? what is team work? what is customer service? Tell me if you have ever had an upset customer and how did you handle it? your salary expectation? your availability? what position are you interested in? what do you love most about working in retail?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Watchung, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at TJX Companies (Watchung, NJ) in May 2015.

Interview

Everything is still in progress. I had an interview last week with a hiring manager that went really well. The store manager was on vacation so I am waiting for him to call to set up an interview. The store I applied to has a two part interview process.