TMC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

Sort:

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at TMC (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Submitted resume during on campus recruiting, received a phone call couple weeks later and scheduled phone interview with HR and hiring manager. On site interview in Chicago office, and had lunch with hiring manager. Received offer the week after. Very smooth process and everyone was friendly.

Interview Questions

• Pretty standard behavioral questions. Talked about previous intern experience and projects.   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TMC (Tucson, AZ) in March 2017.

Interview

There was one interview over the phone - more about the position. The next interview was in person with both of my supervisors. It was largely conversational, some behavioral questions

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TMC in August 2015.

Interview

This was an internal interview for a promotion. The interview was conducted by my management team directly. The standard interview was fairly brief and focused on why I wanted the promotion, where I saw the responsibilities of the new position, and my own experiences. I was then given a data set and asked to create a presentation around analyzing and optimizing the data. This was approximately a 10 minute presentation, and after they asked followup questions about my findings.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at TMC (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Initially contacted via phone within 2 weeks for a quick informal interview (applied online). Schedued on-site interview with HR and a Senior Manager 1 week later. Interviewers were very personable and somewhat casual.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at TMC (Chicago, IL).

Interview

This was an internal interview for promotion: Initial phone discussion, followed by a analysis exercises to prove ability, then a presentation/in-person panel interview. It took place over a couple of weeks, and involved several higher-ups. I think they are approaching this type of promotion the right way, insuring only those who are ready move up.

Interview Questions

• Asked to analyze a large set of data for savings opportunities and then present to the GM/Manager/Hiring Manager. Analysis was open-ended so it was difficult to get off the ground, but went well once I decided on a track. Ended up being a very positive experience.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TMC (Chicago, IL) in April 2013.

Interview

Standard, usual interview questions. Was first called by HR Director (unscheduled call), which ended with salary expectations - I was surprised this was brought up in an initial cold call. Scheduled for interview one week later. Met with HR Director and one Company Director, both of whom where personable and laid-back. However since 2013, I believe there is now more involved with the interview process; I know first-hand that the internal interview process became more involved (panel interview, presentation, etc).

Interview Questions

• How do you tackle a difficult task?   1 Answer

Negotiation

TMC was not open to negotiation of salary, paid time off, or start date. Were not open to negotiation when offered an internal promotion without pay increase.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at TMC (Chicago, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

The worst possible way to conduct an interview.The interview was conducted by one manager who seem to know what he was doing and another account manager who was clueless on what he was doing at work.

Interview Questions

• Current position and responsibilities   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TMC (Chicago, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

Applied online, 2 phone interviews, one with HR, one with Hiring Manager, and then onsite. Took about 3 weeks or so. Easy interview, talk about your background, behavior questions, nothing too technical. Both HR and hiring manager were nice.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at TMC (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Very casual interview with one of the managers. Was extremely easy compared to other more established companies and I almost felt like it was unprofessional. Other more challenging interviews I've had left me with a good impression that the company is actually competitive. However, it was a pleasant experience I got to see the cool office space and get a feel for what it could potentially be like to work here.

Interview Questions

• Very basic questions like, could you walk me through your resume?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TMC (Chicago, IL) in February 2014.

Interview

First, I received a phone call as a first interview. We talked very casually and briefly before being asked to come in to the office for a second interview. It was easy going - HR definitely calmed your nerves.

Interview Questions

• They had me shadow with an employee to see the system and the average day of a full time employee. This part was a little overwhelming considering I knew nothing about logistics, and the system just looks intimidating.   Answer Question