TMC Transportation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TMC Transportation Interview Questions

Interviews at TMC Transportation

2.5

Driver Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at TMC Transportation.

Interview

Sat with my future Fleet Manager and went over what my duties will be. They are quite helpful and want to make sure they keep their drivers. Also took a tour of the truck mechanic shop.

Interview Questions

• How many years of experience do you have driving.   1 Answer
    • Why did you become a truck driver?   1 Answer

Driver Class A Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at TMC Transportation in May 2017.

Interview

Emails and phone calls with recruiter, slow and not personalized. Recruiter could never remeber who I was and what we had talked about. Said I could start any Monday, as such gave notice to my employer and ended my employment. Then I got notice that my application was not accepted by email, no phone call nor was an explanation given. I am a veteran with an honorable discharge with preferences, good credit, good work history, college degree and no criminal record.

I have passed 10 year background DOT checks numerous times, to include having a secret DOD security clearance. So, Im not sure if im being discriminated against for my age, education, or for being a preference veteran. The recruiter had no empathy, applogy that they put me in an unemployment situation, and failed to do her job to get a well qualified applicant hired.

LSR Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TMC Transportation (Fort Worth, TX) in July 2018.

Interview

Interview was very professional. They were to the point and told me what the position expectations were. I then had a chance to see it for myself. Within a day they made me an offer.

Interview Questions

• They wanted to know about me and my skills. I was interviewing for a sales position and I have been in sales most of my adult life. I however did not know the transportation industry.   1 Answer

Carrier Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at TMC Transportation (Fort Worth, TX) in December 2018.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by the HR Department (located in another state) we spoke for 10-15 mins and I was then offered an in person interview. The in office interview was conducted in the Fort Worth office it consisted of 3 parts.
    1. Interview with who would be my direct supervisor and 2 other ranking Frieght Sales Agents posssible Managers/Supervisors.
    2. A 30 min. Work with session with my potential direct Supervisor.
    3. Final recap interview including the General Manager. The whole interview time was between 2-3 hours.
    Overall I approve if thier interview process and I have positive feelings about how I will work out there.

Interview Questions

• Amount of experience
      exactly my role with privous employers   1 Answer

Logistics Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TMC Transportation (Columbia, SC) in September 2017.

Interview

Mostly behavioral and personality questions, no more than 2 people were present and the questions start with just general information about you and develop into more behavioral questions.

Logistics Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TMC Transportation (Des Moines, IA).

Interview

The interview was done one-on-one. The interviewer was arrogant and uninterested from the start. He said they would accept or reject within 1 week, and I never heard back from them. Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• What is the hardest thing you have had to face in life?   Answer Question

Logistics Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at TMC Transportation (Fort Worth, TX) in December 2018.

Interview

I interviewed with them twice. They were nice people who gave me a lot of information about the company. I just felt they lacked professional. When asked about if they had any feedback for me about my interview itself I never got any responses even after emailing a few times. The office seemed very male oriented.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ames, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TMC Transportation (Ames, IA) in January 2019.

Interview

Applied online, a few days later a recruiter contacted me to schedule a phone interview. About a week after that I went to the Ames office to meet with a full-time developer, who had a handful of non-technical questions. They offered the position a few days later.

Interview Questions

• Questions about leadership, experience in a group setting, the standard types of questions.   Answer Question