TNS Global Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 11, 2017

2.5

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TNS Global (London, England (UK)).

Interview

The interview process with TNS was positive. I had a call from a head hunter based, and scheduled a meeting with the Director and Partner of the team. I had to prepare a presentation based on some information I was provided. This interview had both personal and technical questions.

In the second interview I met a couple of people from the team. The questions were based on skills and how were they related to the job. I didn't find neither of the interviews difficult.

I got an offer a week after the final interview. The package and salary was more than fair, I didn't even think of negotiating. However, I declined as I still had other open processes which I was really interested in.

Interview Questions

• Prepare a presentation. Skill related questions, for example, NLP and development skills.   Answer Question

Graduate Scheme Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at TNS Global (London, England (UK)) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied in May via an online application.
    Got asked to complete a phone interview in July (questions ask in phone interview below).
    Then invited to an assessment centre in London.
    The day starts off as a presentation about the company and what the different graduate scheme elements consists of.
    Then you are given an hour for a data task where they give you data for a company wanting to release a new brand of water, but are unable to decide what name to choose. You must go through the data and create a poster presentation of your recommendation. After your presentation to an audience of two you are ask questions on the presentation and task before entering into a competency based interview.
    The next task is a proof checking exercise. Where you are given slides to proof read and match up the data to the graphs on the slides.
    After these two tasks there is a lunch with the current graduates on the scheme.
    If after lunch you are invited to stay there is a group problem solving task.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself.
      What is your greatest strength?
      What is your greatest weakness?
      What is market research?
      Name a company you admire.
      What possible problems could they face in the future?
      How can market research be used in this case?
      Answer Question

Research Executive (Placement) Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at TNS Global (London, England (UK)) in March 2016.

Interview

Three stage process:

3. Presentation on your strengths as a candidate
    Three stage process:

3. Presentation on your strengths as a candidateThree stage process:

3. Presentation on your strengths as a candidate

Market Research Interviewer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at TNS Global (London, England (UK)) in August 2015.

Interview

One internet recorded interview followed by exaggerated 2-day training course, based in the middle of no where with no expenses paid until 6 days of work had been done; awful sandwich lunch.

Senior Research Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TNS Global (London, England (UK)).

Interview

The interview first involved a screening test in the shape of numeric test from SHL

The first interview involved a presentation based on the water bottle case study mentioned earlier (data reading and presentation of the results), no trap or ambiguity in the data

The second interview was dome with several members of the team. Again, questions on relevant experience and personality were asked

Interview Questions

• The 1st Round involved a case Study involved data reading and presentation of results (the water bottle case mentioned in another review), no traps there plus personal questions

The 2nd Round involved more questions regarding regarding relevant experience and some regarding personality

all in all, a fairly straightforward with no traps
      Answer Question

Negotiation

did not attempt

Market Research Interviewer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at TNS Global (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)) in August 2014.

Interview

I emailed my CV and a cover letter. I received a phone call, the lady asked if I don't mind knocking on peoples' doors, I said that's ok and then she signed me up to a 3 day training course which is only paid if you stay with them for a month. The training is assessed, but as long as you stay awake you'll pass with flying colours.

Negotiation

I regret accepting. I was told they give you addresses to go to but in reality it's cold calling, you're not selling anything but you're asking people to spend 20mins answering boring questions about fizzy drinks brands and vacuum cleaners. No negotiation with the employer is possible. If you don't mind cold calling, it might be a good job for you.

Graduate Programmer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TNS Global in August 2014.

Interview

I applied in June and didn't hear back till Aug. Submitted a CV and cover letter and had a phone interview in Aug about general background. walk through CV. what is tns and why the interest. after that I was invited in for the assessment centre.

it started with a presentation about the job and the company. then they gave us survey response data about 5 potential water bottle names and we had to sift through the data and recommend a name based on the data. know your statistics and significance levels. you have about 45 mins to prepare a presentation and about 20 minutes to present your findings to two employees. after that two different employees have a competency interview for about an hour. they read questions off of a check list and look for specific answers. after this we had lunch with past graduates who all seemed to be enjoying themselves at TNS. after lunch was a group exercise. 4 of us had a pack of 500 8.5*11 paper and we had to build a 6 ft building using just the paper. it went well.

after this i was invited back for the last round and here i had to develop a presentation and deliver it to 5 management team employees. they are looking for a presentation about yourself and what you will bring to TNS. the topic is quite confusing, but i didnt focus on myself enough and made it out to be a marketing presentation, which ultimately i think was the reason for no offer. after the presentation, there is a in-house SHL situational test followed by a writing exercise about for you to write about TNS.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at TNS Global.

Interview

I approached one of the presenter and immediately emailed him. He replied almost a year later and offering an internship. I was given a phone interview and it was pretty casual.

Graduate Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TNS Global.

Interview

Initially happened very quickly for me; first few stages happened over less than 48 hours. Stage 1 submit online application, stage 2 online tests x3 which were reasonably challenging, stage 3 c. 25 minute phone interview about employment history and competency questions, stage 4 assessment centre involving group exercise, individual data analysis and presentation exercise and interview with 2 middle managers, stage 5 another assessment centre which involved individual abstract reasoning puzzle, online test and individual presentation to 4 directors followed by an interview by them.

Regional Trainer/Field Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warwick, West Midlands, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TNS Global (Warwick, West Midlands, England (UK)) in June 2014.

Interview

Responded to Monster career board posting, contacted and was given a preliminary interview and was notified of being shortlisted. Contacted for an interview, succesfully passed interviewed and was contacted with an offer of employment.

Interview Questions

• I found that there were no diffucult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question