TNTP Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Analyst

TNTP Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at TNTP

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at TNTP in April 2013.

Interview

The application process was lengthy. It began with a sample task, then a series of phone interviews - one focused on the sample task and then one focused more on previous experiences. The next step was an in-person interview. I'm not certain how many more steps there would be after the in-person interview, or if the in-person interview would be one-on-one or with a panel.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult questions were about the sample task - definitely be prepared to explain and justify every step you took.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for TNTP

Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at TNTP.

Interview

I submitted an application online and was contacted within a week or so and given an assignment to complete (analyze the data in a spreadsheet and write a one page memo). After that there were 3 phone interviews and then an in person interview in New York, with about 1-2 weeks between each interview. The initial interview focused on how I had completed the assignment and later rounds focused on behavioral questions, particular pertaining to the virtual organization culture.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you were working on a project with an upcoming deadline and your school contact has not provided you with the necessary data and is not responding to messages?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TNTP in August 2014.

Interview

The interview process consisted of several steps. The HR associate reached out to me via email to set everything up. HR was very friendly and professional, but I got "passed off" to several different associates throughout my interview process which felt a little impersonal.

The first component of the interview process was an analysis project, which older data from around 2007 was used. Two datasets were used; a survey and a larger dataset on teacher retention and movement around the district. Questions ranged from generic questions that demonstrate your ability to pull, filter, and manipulate data and do some very basic calculations to more creative and sophisticated questions that require you not only to manipulate data, but demonstrate how you did it and why you made those choices. A final component of the project required writing a one-page memo explaining analytical findings in layman's terms. Overall, the project was consistent with my day to day work but did take some considerable free time. You will be asked how long it took you to complete the analysis, so be sure to track yourself.

My first phone interview reviewed the analysis. Most of the questions were methodological -- how would you analyze this, explain how you did that, and so forth. I was asked in greater detail about my research projects at work. The interviewer clearly had a quant research background and applied a heavy level of scrutiny on methodology. His questions seemed to be rapid-fire, and he didn't come off as warm. Even as a person who is used to others being skeptical of research projects, I was caught a little off-guard and my confidence in explaining projects really took a hit from this lack of warmth.

I made it to a third round that consisted of phone interview two. The interviewer was the project manager for one of TNTP's school districts. She was much warmer, much friendlier, and we conversed about the challenges of communicating data to school districts and our experiences with consulting in these kinds of environments. The project manager said at the end of the interview that she would refer me on, but I later got an email stating they went with another candidate, which was a bummer.

The entire process lasted a few weeks, with each interview about a week apart from one another.

Interview Questions

• Just expect to explain your methodological reasoning throughout the process, and don't get caught off guard if they don't seem very warm.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TNTP in March 2019.

Interview

Bait and switch. Posting was for a FT job with benefits. On the screening call they asked if I would consider a contract position. Then followed up with an offer for a temp position, and were unable to afford the equivalent contractor rate required to meet the minimum salary + benefits package they offer FT employees.

Interview Questions

• Would you be willing to be considered for an independent contractor position if the full time position were not available?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TNTP.

Interview

I applied online and got the interview opportunity for the analyst position. Though I was very busy these days, I scheduled my time for the interview and prepared for it for a night. Then just half an hour before the interview, they cancelled it and told me they don't want this position any more.

If they've made any decisions, they should tell me earlier, not just before the interview. I felt they are very disrespectful to people and probably only wanted to test their recruitment system. Anyway, I will never apply this company again.