TNTP Communications Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TNTP Communications Interview Questions

4.0

Communications Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TNTP in December 2010.

Interview

When I learned of the job posting I contacted a person I knew who worked at TNTP and I asked him about the organization. He had nothing but wonderful things to say about the organization, it's mission and the people working there. I submitted my application online and received notification that I was being asked to complete a project to determine if I would move on to be interviewed. The project was rigorous and comprehensive and took me 4-5hrs to complete. Once I completed the project, I was notified within 24-48 hours that I would be moving forward to a phone interview with the hiring manager who I later interviewed with in-person. Additionally, I had several other phone interviews with other people in the organization. I was assigned a wonderful staffing manager who was very communicative. She kept me informed along during each phase of the recruitment process. She was extremely responsive. The process moved along very quickly.

Other Interview Reviews for TNTP

Communications Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TNTP in December 2010.

Interview

After sending in a cover letter and resume, three days later I received an email asking me to complete a project that reflected the type of work I would be doing. It was stated that this will give me a better idea of the job and allow them to get a better idea of my skills and abilities in relation to the position.

The project was very vague. It required many assumptions. I enjoyed the project though as it did really make me think about the type of work I'd be performing if successful. I ended up investing the whole weekend into completing the project. It's only natural that applicants would want to utilize all the time they have to create a great first impression.

A few days later I was invited to a phone interview. Then I was invited to two more phone interviews. Each was an hour long. There were a lot of very uncomfortable pauses because the interview was typing all my responses. The interviewers also seemed rushed, disinterested, and not personable. Although I am a very genuine and friendly person, the interviewers did not show an interest in being friendly. The questions were not difficult but I found it interesting that they would probe further and further often going around in circles.

My interview experiences left me with a negative impression of the organization. After each interview it became clearer and clearer that this was not the organization for me.

Interview Questions