TNTP Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TNTP Interview Questions

Interviews at TNTP

3.5

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TNTP in March 2018.

Interview

Rigorous and highly engaging interview process. It began with a 30 minute phone screen and was followed by a performance task and 2 follow up phone/video interviews. The 1st phone interview was a debrief if the performance task. The second was a video interview where I was presented with scenarios that I would likely encounter in the role and asked how I would respond. Many of the questions were to uncover what kinds of strategies I would come up with for different scenarios. Since that’s a big part of the role, it seemed appropriate. Finally, I had a 30 minute conversation with a VP to learn more about the culture of TNTP.

Interview Questions

• How would you inspire a partner/client to implement a particular strategy?   Answer Question

Indiana English Teaching Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TNTP (Greensboro, NC) in February 2018.

Interview

I did mind virtually, so it was a bit terrifying at first but there was a practice one in the beginning that made it easier to get the hang of it.

Interview Questions

• There was a scenario where a young boy threw his work on the ground. To respond to the scene , I had to speak to the camera just as I would my student who thew his book.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TNTP (New York, NY) in December 2017.

Interview

I had three phone interviews and completed an interview task. I was kept well informed about the process and timeline. I had two contacts on the recruitment team supporting me throughout the process. They were transparent, responsive, and overall it was a positive experience.

Interview Questions

• How would you convince members of a school district to implement recommended instructional changes?   1 Answer

Teaching Fellow Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TNTP.

Interview

I began this process feeling positive and thrilled. The phone interview was pretty much disappointing since they didn't not seem as excited to get to know me more.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if the printer at school did not work?   Answer Question

Talent Acquisition Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TNTP (Chicago, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

Brief. Tara was not very professional and rude. The majority of the people in management roles do not have advanced degrees, corporate experience and are under 30.

Project Director Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at TNTP in February 2017.

Interview

Was selected to first stage of the interview process via telephone by a panel of staff in the human resources department. Very comprehensive interview focusing on experience and hypothetical scenarios.

Interview Questions

• How would I handle a teacher who did not exhibit cultural sensitivity to culturally diverse students?   Answer Question

Project Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at TNTP in January 2017.

Interview

The first step in the interview process was a 30-minute phone call with various questions and time for me to ask questions at the end. The interview questions started with those about TNTP, then about specific times I have oversee projects from beginning to end. My interviewer was pleasant and polite, and we stayed focused on within the 30-minute timeline.

Talent Acquisition Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at TNTP (Baltimore, MD) in December 2016.

Interview

Several background phone screens and a culture interview. One assignment to complete and then discuss. No in person meeting. Very scripted interviews. Not a sophisticated talent acquisition process. Would not encourage applying here.

Executive Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TNTP in November 2016.

Interview

I received an email to schedule a phone interview, which I did immediately. The phone interview lasted all of about 20 minutes. She asked me a couple of questions, told me very briefly about the job, and then asked if I had any questions. Maybe it was just me, but she didn't seem all that interested in me from the very start of the call. It was just an OK experience. I followed-up with an email, never heard back, and then about 2 weeks later, I received the "your experience is impressive, but we've chosen to pursue other candidates" obligatory email. Disappointing. I feel like I didn't really even get a chance to show them what I could do.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TNTP in October 2016.

Interview

The process is quite long. It starts with submitting a series of documents for their review. If you advance through the two phone screens, you may do two or three Skype interviews before finally doing an in person. During this whole time you are also asked to work on projects to submit for their review.

Interview Questions

See What TNTP Employees Are Saying

StarStarStarStarStar     Former Anonymous Employee

Pros: “There are teams and individuals working for this organization that perform their jobs because they truly believe they’re doing what’s right for kids. The experience gained from working with...”“There are teams and individuals working for this organization that perform their jobs because they truly believe they’re doing what’s right for kids. The experience gained from working with the org will prepare you for a life after TNTP that is more successful and productive than any day before. There are people in the Talent and Culture department who are supportive, helpful, and are looking out for the best interests of e,ployees at all levels.” – Full Review