TNTP Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

TNTP Interview Questions

Interviews at TNTP

3.5

Project Director Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at TNTP in February 2017.

Interview

Was selected to first stage of the interview process via telephone by a panel of staff in the human resources department. Very comprehensive interview focusing on experience and hypothetical scenarios.

Interview Questions

• How would I handle a teacher who did not exhibit cultural sensitivity to culturally diverse students?   Answer Question

Project Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at TNTP in June 2013.

Interview

The interview process was very extensive, and they required me to submit work, which I felt that used to their benefit even though I didn't receive the job. The interview began with a phone screen and continued to a second phone interview with the hiring manager. After, they asked me to work on a deliverable, which I submitted (after about 20 hours work), as a requirement to move forward in the process.

Interview Questions

• How do i maintain my job responsibilities in a demanding work environment?   Answer Question

TNTP Response

Jun 13, 2016 – Senior Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for providing feedback about our process. We recognize that our process is demanding, including our hiring exercises, and we very much appreciate the time and effort candidates put into the them. It's our hope that candidates see the exercises (deliverables) as opportunities to demonstrate their strengths, skills and knowledge and learn more about the responsibilities of the role through practical (and fictional) scenarios.

Project Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TNTP in April 2014.

Interview

Very thorough interview process. I met lots of potential team members and colleagues.

Project Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TNTP in March 2013.

Interview

In terms of interviewing process, I was contacted the day before my interview with the company. It was definitely a behavioral interview and many questions seemed to be similar, so much to the fact that I felt ill prepared.

Interview Questions

• If you started this role tomorrow, how would you begin tackling________ issue as the project director?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at TNTP.

Interview

Emailed with hiring personnel; had a phone conversation and never received timely feedback about potential opportunities or why I wasn't a good match. I sent several follow-up emails with additional questions and also sought other opportunities at the company but was never given more than an informational interview.

Interview Questions

• Explain the types of evaluations that can be used in this particular instance.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TNTP in October 2011.

Interview

It was a very rigorous interview. First, you submit a resume and detailed cover letter. Then you have an initial phone call. If you advance, you are asked to complete a hiring project. If you pass that, you then undergo a rigorous interview. The process was challenging, but it made me feel like they were really striving to hire the best of the best.

Interview Questions

• The hiring project was unexpected. They gave a strict two-hour timeline to complete it.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at TNTP.

Interview

They'll tell you very few applicants are contacted, & fewer make it to "next steps". After submitting a resume, you'll receive an email invitation to proceed to the "Next Step" & complete a project similar to something you'd do on the job. If they like your project, you'll be asked to phone interview. If you clear the 1st, there will be a 2nd. I got to the 2nd interview for 3 separate positions. Never got further. Each time they hired internally.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you failed to meet a goal. Describe the feedback system in your current position.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TNTP in October 2016.

Interview

The process is quite long. It starts with submitting a series of documents for their review. If you advance through the two phone screens, you may do two or three Skype interviews before finally doing an in person. During this whole time you are also asked to work on projects to submit for their review.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at TNTP (Dallas, TX) in March 2013.

Interview

I saw the position listed on Career Builder.com, I was sent an assignment a few days later which took at least 5 hours to complete, which was not a problem. I appreciate companies who demand excellence and go above and beyond. Anyhow, I few days later I was scheduled for interview.

Interview Questions

• Silence of typing on the other end of the phone, no real personal connection and I was asked several questions about the work product I turned in: If a fellow is not performing, how long would you wait to talk them, expect them to comply with request and implement what you've asked of them. How would you motivate your team if you did not reach your goals, etc...   Answer Question

Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TNTP in December 2010.

Interview

After applying, qualified candidates will be contacted for an initial HR screen. If you seem promising, you will be asked to complete a hiring exercise - take it seriously and take notes on your choices/process as you'll be asked about them during an interview. You will complete multiple interviews via phone and the final interview will likely be in person (may require travel, paid for by TNTP). Expect a lot of scenario questions - they will be looking for cultural competencies outlined in the job description (e.g., problem solving, critical thinking) that are core to the job. It's a long and at times painful process, but results in better fit hires. By the end, TNTP will know if you're a good fit for the role and you'll have a good sense whether it's the right place for you - not only in terms of responsibilities, but also having met multiple people you'll work closely with.

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate as I was told I was being hired at the top of the salary band for my role. Having gone through as a hiring manager, I now know that you can ask for hiring incentives (e.g., hiring bonus) that I should have pushed for since I was taking a salary cut. I also haven't been eligible for raises under the current compensation model because I'm at the top of the range for my role. COLA's are 1%, so in the real world, I've probably lost ground. I've gotten good performance bonuses, but just be thoughtful about coming in at the high end of compensation for your role as it does limit opportunities to earn raises without being promoted (and that usually takes a few years and is contingent on appropriate opportunities being available).