TNTP Operations Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at TNTP

1 Interview Review

4.0

Operations Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TNTP in October 2009.

Interview

I applied for one of four positions of the same title in my location.

I received an email from an HR person in their New York office. In it she asked that I complete a two-part assignment: 1) Plan a teacher interview event, making some assumptions. 2) Out of four schools, pick the one in the worst condition as far as the hiring process, and then explain why. There was a short description of each school.

It took me most of the weekend to do the project-- I was very thorough about the time line for doing even small tasks. I included some that most people might not even think about. I explained the assumptions I made, thinking they would like to see my thinking process.

I believe it was two or three days later that I received an email invitation for a phone interview. I accepted for mid afternoon that Friday. During our interview, there were long pauses to the point of discomfort. After I finally said, "Hello?" one of them told me that they they were typing my responses and that's why it was so quiet. I asked their opinion about my project. They didn't answer me. Instead, they asked how long I spent on it. I calculated the hours and told them that at one point I'd started over after rethinking it.

My take on the whole interview was that they were inexperienced interviewers and that they considered themselves to be quite superior to me. I thought I did okay, but that it was a bad interview experience.

I was never given a way to contact either interviewer, but found the naming convention for their local office email and sent them each a thank you within several hours.

Remember, as of 3pm on Friday, according to what they told me, they were still interviewing to hire all four positions. Well, Monday morning at 8am, I received an email from the HR person in NY that they had filled all positions. (In the space of two hours?)

The whole experience left a bad taste in my mouth because I wanted the job, and I had invested so much effort to get it. From what I understand, they're still way behind hiring the stars of the program-- the teachers. Go figure.

Interview Questions